Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Oh I know. I'm not upset. Frustrated maybe, but not upset. If I had looked at the cards first I would have known to order more Chapters e-cards before trying to place my order.

I'm still waiting for the e-cards to arrive in my inbox. The order is still up, uncompleted. I just hope it does not time out.

Oh I know. I'm not upset. Frustrated maybe, but not upset. If I had looked at the cards first I would have known to order more Chapters e-cards before trying to place my order.

I'm still waiting for the e-cards to arrive in my inbox. The order is still up, uncompleted. I just hope it does not time out.
the last time I was trying to get indigo gift cards for a promo, think it was black Friday, it took more than 24 hours for the dang things to actually show up. I ended up ordering the stuff, paying with my credit card and then when the gift cards finally arrived their billing department helped me use those to pay my credit card back. Big hassle! But it was one of my. StB coupons and all in gave me over 1000 miles when you take into account the final big bonus that represented.

the gift cards will show up, just give it time.

To be honest I expected the cards to show up by now! The first $25 one only took an hour. I can't wait any longer. We have to get up early. My husband is off to work and I'm going to see how the CRA site is with trying to register for the CERB. I'm hoping it's open after midnight and my being online at 5 AM will be easier than around 8 or later.

Ah well. I'll try again tomorrow. I hope I don't run into problems with the other two cards I already applied as the order was not actually completed. I just shut down Firefox.

To be honest I expected the cards to show up by now! The first $25 one only took an hour. I can't wait any longer. We have to get up early. My husband is off to work and I'm going to see how the CRA site is with trying to register for the CERB. I'm hoping it's open after midnight and my being online at 5 AM will be easier than around 8 or later.

Ah well. I'll try again tomorrow. I hope I don't run into problems with the other two cards I already applied as the order was not actually completed. I just shut down Firefox.

CERB will be 6 AM. Or at least it's supposed to be. My Account and the IVR normally have down time for service between 3 and 6 AM. It may be ready sooner but I wouldn't count on it (EST).

the last time I was trying to get indigo gift cards for a promo, think it was black Friday, it took more than 24 hours for the dang things to actually show up. I ended up ordering the stuff, paying with my credit card and then when the gift cards finally arrived their billing department helped me use those to pay my credit card back. Big hassle! But it was one of my. StB coupons and all in gave me over 1000 miles when you take into account the final big bonus that represented.

the gift cards will show up, just give it time.

I checked my e-mail about 20 minutes ago (before 6 AM) and only one of the other two gift cards has shown up! Wow. Waiting this long (let alone 24 hours) is crazy.

CERB will be 6 AM. Or at least it's supposed to be. My Account and the IVR normally have down time for service between 3 and 6 AM. It may be ready sooner but I wouldn't count on it (EST).

Ironically I was sitting and ready to login at 5:59 AM. LOL The timing worked out. I just could not wake up. As it turns out, I cannot apply yet. The only period available to select is March 15-April 11. Today is the beginning of my DEL so I do not have the required 14 days of no income as of yet.

At least I was able to wake up quickly enough to get my husband to sign his income tax forms before he left for work. I need to e-mail these back to the accountant.

Well, it's 6:11 AM and I'm wide awake... what's a girl gonna do but go scrapbook some more then. Especially while there is still peace and quiet in the house!

We applied for my husbands CERB this morning shortly after 6am. No issues. No slow website. His bday is January and they are asking people to only apply on certain days of the week if their birthday is during certain months... I have no idea if it’s enforcing that. But it went extremely smoothly for us. Good luck to everyone else!

We applied for my husbands CERB this morning shortly after 6am. No issues. No slow website. His bday is January and they are asking people to only apply on certain days of the week if their birthday is during certain months... I have no idea if it’s enforcing that. But it went extremely smoothly for us. Good luck to everyone else!

Technically they can't really enforce it but if everyone was to apply today it would likely crash the system... I'm glad it worked for you this morning! I think it's only the first week they asked for people to apply by birth month, they are expecting a lot of applications.

I wish there was a basketball net on airmiles, the city just show down all services until June 30 (no swimming, no parks, no sports). I guess this also means the first week of "summer vacation" camps won't be happening since they were June 29 to July 3 I think? Ok... need a net for the kiddo so he can practice his skills. Maybe that $200 from the province for school supplies... I'll call it gym class. Though that was going to go towards the increase in grocery costs. I think staying home so long is costing me more money... or I'm eating a lot more snacks!

Made the trip to the grocery stores today and I'm really pleased with my success! After wasting an hour trying to deal with the fact that Dr. Tam is now suggesting we wear masks to while in places we can't maintain proper social distancing (like a grocery store) before i gave up in frustration, said a few choice words and just headed out 🤬

First stop Metro. I just about lost my cool when i got the front of the line and was told "no reusable bags please" FINE, I'll take them back to the car and then go to the back of the line, again. Got back and everyone waved me to the front of the line <phew> I really like the process at our store, not letting many people in at once, asked a bunch of questions before you can even get handed a cart, listen to a little speech about social distancing, staying behind lines on the floors and insisting you use sanitizer before entering the store. I was able to get every, single, thing i had on my list, and it was relatively painless. No stupid limits on things like our Zehrs has so i was able to actually get, what should be, 2 weeks of food -- they had plenty of my milk (4 bags, score!), cheese, butter, eggs, taters and everything else on my list. I even snagged some bathroom cleaner with bleach that I had run out of (not COVID-19 related, just what i like to use!) and they had ground beef. Only frustration was seeing all the other people with their shopping bags -- ever try to put bags of milk in Metro's bags?!?!?!

Next stop was No Frills and that was also a great success! 10 cans of tuna and 6 bags of frozen blueberries.

I have no idea how many miles i got, i think it was around 25 and i spent close to $130 <sigh> Got some points for my blueberries as well. Hopefully I won't need to go out for a couple of weeks now. I will need to get some beef on Thursday but thinking I'll go to a small local store downtown for that.

Our family did something new and out of the ordinary for grocery shopping: we ordered online from Wholesale Club and picked it up curbside. Since they sell bulk and foodservice sizes, I don't think we will need to buy groceries for at least a month. No PC points but collecting rewards for anything is pretty much on hold.

Our family did something new and out of the ordinary for grocery shopping: we ordered online from Wholesale Club and picked it up curbside. Since they sell bulk and foodservice sizes, I don't think we will need to buy groceries for at least a month. No PC points but collecting rewards for anything is pretty much on hold.
Did you need an account?

The Wholesale Club is something totally new to me, even though it is actually the closest store to me. It's a PC store? [Looks like Real Canadian?] Do you get the PC points here? Best things to buy for value? And is everything bulk?

We're not Air Miles hunting now, but I thought last night since my husband was headed to Metro, he could add a few gift cards to his order to make it over the $500 threshold for the BMO credit card offer since we signed up for that. They said they are not selling giftcards now and refused to sell him any. I was curious, and called another Metro, and they are selling them at that store. Just a heads up that you might want to call ahead in case that is part of your strategy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter