Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Was our early this am did two rexall shops $34 and$41 one on my card and one on big kids so 200 airmiles for $75
And used my 7cents off at shell with my wkend what is it 4 off ? And my gas went from $57 to $48 I think it was
Such a great airmiles weekend .. :) now to pray they cancel my kids hockey game tonight . I think if there’s a snowstorm weather alert all minor hockey should be cancelled . Stepping off my soapbox lol
Stay warm peeps

Well, I've got some ticket news to share.

I just linked our exchange tickets to MDE and the expiry date says December 31, 2030! On the air miles website, it says they expire December 31, 2020...not sure if that is a glitch or what.
I just checked my linked vouchers as well. They are also good until December 31, 2030. Wonder if I should pick up some more for our trip in 2022. Any thoughts on this being a glitch that will come back to bite me?

I can't look it up right now because of where we are but I know for a fact that there's a dedicated number/ extension for tickets that you've already purchased. When we were having sooo much trouble with this trip I needed to track down hubby's ticket and the cast member was able to look up everything attached to both of us.

ETA FOUND it!Screenshot_20200118-122540_Chrome.jpg

Well I managed to get in after all! Everything was canceled - my rehearsal and my daughter’s meeting - so I did pretty well.
639AM for $194 even (!) and the food bank got two bags of goodies of the things I didn’t want.
That will give me a nice boost for our trip in March. If I even get enough for one park ticket I’ll be happy! It’ll save me a bit of cash that can be better used for treats and shopping! Lol

I just linked our exchange tickets to MDE and the expiry date says December 31, 2030! On the air miles website, it says they expire December 31, 2020...not sure if that is a glitch or what.

I wouldn't count on that, unless someone confirms it at guest services. I believe they use that date when a ticket doesn't have an ticket expiry date and since vouchers/certificates aren't tickets yet, they don't have a ticket expiry date. My old non-expire tickets with no expiry date and vouchers all say 12/31/30 and always have. Last trip I confirmed with guest services that my no expiry tickets listed as 12/31/30 do not expire but forgot to check our vouchers before I exchanged them to tickets. When you exchange for an actual ticket, the date on the app will update to the expiry date of the ticket, it will no longer say 12/31/30. Example, last year we used Canadian vouchers expiring 9/27/19, linked as a voucher on the app they said 12/31/30 and activated as a ticket said 5/15/19.

When expiry tickets started, non-expire tickets and vouchers said they expired either 00/00/00 or 12/31/30 depending on which browser/app you logged in from to look at the same ticket/voucher. My guess is that 00/00/00 didn't work very well for fastpasses, system issues, frantic guests etc. 12/31/30 is very misleading.

Last edited:

I wouldn't count on that, unless someone confirms it at guest services. I believe they use that date when a ticket doesn't have an ticket expiry date and since vouchers/certificates aren't tickets yet, they don't have a ticket expiry date. My old non-expire tickets with no expiry date and vouchers all say 12/31/30 and always have. Last trip I confirmed with guest services that my no expiry tickets listed as 12/31/30 do not expire but forgot to check our vouchers before I exchanged them to tickets. When you exchange for an actual ticket, the date on the app will update to the expiry date of the ticket, it will no longer say 12/31/30. Example, last year we used Canadian vouchers expiring 9/27/19, linked as a voucher on the app they said 12/31/30 and activated as a ticket said 5/15/19.

When expiry tickets started, non-expire tickets and vouchers said they expired either 00/00/00 or 12/31/30 depending on which browser/app you logged in from to look at the same ticket/voucher. My guess is that 00/00/00 didn't work very well for fastpasses, system issues, frantic guests etc. 12/31/30 is very misleading.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad you were able to clarify that for us. Oh well, I didn't really want to spend all my AM on more tickets. They are being saved for flights at the moment.

Hello . Happy Sunday .
Ok a question for you guys that gave more than one card ..
I’m sitting at 4500 a/m 2198 earned since dec 31 towards onyx
Big kid sitting at 995 only 200ish since dec 31. He will get STB and I did a good blue Friday etc
Do you get one card to onyx first then work on the other ?

@TammyLynn33, I reached Onyx a few months before DH’s card. At that time, credit card churning was all the rage on this board, so it was quite easy to do with all of the sign up bonus miles being offered.

Now I just alternate which card gets used pending the offers each week.

@Days In the Sun is likely right. Makes sense since they are not really tickets at this point.
That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad you were able to clarify that for us. Oh well, I didn't really want to spend all my AM on more tickets. They are being saved for flights at the moment.

I'm just posting my experience and thoughts on it. It's possible there is a loophole with the vouchers, I've never checked at guest services to know for sure. But I can say that the 2030 voucher date when you link is nothing new, it's always said that with each batch of airmiles vouchers released.

Hello . Happy Sunday .
Big kid sitting at 995 only 200ish since dec 31. He will get STB and I did a good blue Friday etc

I don't worry about Onyx too much, I'm sure at the rate you are going you'll have both at Onyx by summer and you have until the end of the year.

I alternate depending on the offers and usually try to stick to my card as the main card so I'm not splitting points over two cards if I'm trying to reach a "dream" goal.

Hello . Happy Sunday .
Do you get one card Onyx first then work on the other ?
I used to get everyone of the cards I collect for to ONYX one after another. There used to be an advantage (free movie tickets, tickets to events)but those seem to have dried up in the last year.

As a result I am changing my earning strategy. I will collect primarily on my account as I have W/E M/C and get a discount on flights. It's easier to have all the AM in one account when redeeming for tickets, flights etc. Otherwise you run the risk of being x AM short for redemption in person 2's account.

I will collect on DH and DS card for the big promos and will use their card if they have an offer for something I was going to purchase anyway (and I won't get AM in my account) (ie milk etc). By ignoring their cards most of the time AM seems to send out "we want you back" offers that I can take advantage of. It's all about maximizing the AM and the benefit we get from them.

When redeeming for flights if you have to spread the expense across a couple of accounts you will have multiple reservations and may not get seated together or treated as a group (if the airline has to make changes) without intervention.

Hello . Happy Sunday .
I think the only benefit to secondary accounts is when there is a big promo like StB. All my collecting is on my own account and then I do promos on DD's account BUT only if I know I can complete the promo twice. I don't see much benefit to having Onyx on more than one card so I don't worry about it.

Hello . Happy Sunday .

I’m really new to having 2 cards, but so far, I’m still using my card as my primary account. I’m not really trying to get my wife’s to onyx though. Like ottawamom said, there’s just not benefits worth the work for me.

I think for me it also matters that my account is 100% dream and my wife’s is cash. I feel like I need a ton of dream miles to reach my goal, but with cash I get the same benefit every time I hit 95 miles. So I prioritize my own account and use my wife’s when there are extra miles to be had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter