Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Going to pass on Blue Friday because my closest Sobey’s is very far off my usual travel route, and the weather has been truly wretched. To make up for it, I just did two of the three possible online shops for the new AM online promo Mix & Match, Amazon plus Paula’s Choice [skincare]. Going to wait for around Mar. 10 do do the last one, from Indigo — my favourite author has a new book coming out then. :hourglass

Congrats...you are much stronger than I. I wasn't going to go to Sobeys as I've got a lot to get done this afternoon and very little time to do it. I caved :sad: and detoured to Sobeys BUT decided I was only getting a couple of things. Somehow I spent $95 and earned 244 miles. I'm ticked at myself because I should have just finished my grocery shopping while I was there and then I would have earned the extra 75 miles plus the 40 for my loaded offer. I didn't bother keeping track of the total because I figured that I would probably only spend around $60-70. Oh well....now I'm home and I'm taking 20 minutes to sit and have a cup of tea before I get my butt in gear and get packed up for the weekend.

Oh I’ve definitely caved before! I think we all have times where we know we could have earned a bit better or waited for a better sale or something.

You still got a 27% return, which isn’t too shabby! And hopefully you have a nice weekend coming

I didn't do the best, spent around $60 and got 182 airmiles, my son did give me a hug for buying him 4 bags of Doritos. I got myself 10 packs of rice cakes in a variety of flavors, should last awhile, and frozen berries for smoothies. I need yogurt but I didn't need 3 of the big packs so I willl get it at freshco when I go on the weekend. Still happy I hot a few miles.

I earned 791 AM at Safeway spending about $140 of my own money. I spent more, but some was work stuff (Lysol Wipes, dish soap, paper towels), so I'll get my money back for that. But...I didn't read the fine print on the bonus coupon as I was on my flipp app making my list. Didn't realize until the til it was spend $125 get 75 AM. Whatt??? I had made sure I had two orders that totalled $100 each. So I was ticked at myself for not noticing that, and also ticked that they upped the spend, and lowered the AM! Gawd. I think I'm going to focus on my shoppers points from now on. Getting harder to get AM all the time.

Yup my Blue Friday shop was to buy the 2 english muffins earn 20 air miles. With my basic miles of 2 I earned a whopping 22 airmiles for a $25 shop. I found some other chips I liked better today so I bought them instead of the rice cakes. The weather got progessively worse while my sister and I were out shopping so we hit Costco and did her shopping then I talked her into Sobey's for my few little items. Now snug and warm in the house and won't go out and shovel until tomorrow morning. I really couldn't get to the $125 spend anyways so wasn't going to try for that. We got my milk and cream at Costco as it is much cheaper price and I earned her some Costco points so all in all I think we had a good shop for both of us.

No Blue Friday for us in Quebec. I had an AM app promo for IGA buy $150 get 7x the points. Spent $203.78 and received 70 points. The cashier was nice enough to enter my code manually from my phone even though she was quite sceptical that it would work. Not a great amount of points but it's better than nothing. Needed to do the groceries anyway. At least my store had a special on St Hubert chicken fillets so I saved $24 there :-)

Blue Friday was not successful for us. I made a huge error and thought I had my sons card bug accidentally grabbed one I got when I thought we had lost his card. So 400 some miles on a card we don’t use . sigh .

Went to order my DD airpods for her birthday through staples and it was there yesterday through airmiles shops today only option is staples printing and marketing ?? Maybe it’s just a glitch but I think staples may be gone .

Went to order my DD airpods for her birthday through staples and it was there yesterday through airmiles shops today only option is staples printing and marketing ?? Maybe it’s just a glitch but I think staples may be gone .
I hope it is just a glitch as that will make it harder to get 7 shops done for the promos.

I'm still battling with myself about whether I'm going out to do some shopping. It's beautiful and sunny but it's cold out there today.

How's the skating going?
Skating was fun. Did manage to get into the shop and get the key at 1030am..so that made the weekend.
Didnt think too cold. Too bad Canal closed. But did get a tour in of the west wing. And of course a beaver tail.
Need to come back longer next time.

Off topic of air miles...iPad with keyboard or Laptop for personal use?

I have an iPhone, but currently use a laptop. Would an iPad with keyboard be a big difference for me?

I have an iPhone, but currently use a laptop. Would an iPad with keyboard be a big difference for me?

Have you checked out iPads and laptops in a brick and mortar store? Go in several times and try them out. When I last checked, only the larger size iPads had their own keyboard, but you could purchase a keyboard that could be physically attached to a smaller iPad. (This was a couple of years ago and I’m sure things have changed). I bought the smaller size iPad with a keyboard, and wound up returning the keyboard. I happily use the in-screen iPad keyboard, even on my mini, but I rarely have a lengthy document to create on my iPad. I kept my laptop. I have a friend who uses a Surface tablet instead of a laptop, but I wasn’t comfortable with dumping my laptop. She saw it as the less expensive optIon. Of course YMMV.

I prefer to travel with both my iPad mini and a “travel” cell phone that has service in the US. I can tuck both into my purse without being weighed down.

Last edited:

I've been considering getting a Chromebook next time, my Windows laptop drives me nuts, every time it does an update. I'm still looking at pros and cons of each, or possible a tablet with keyboard. I like the laptop for the various programs available, I use Excel a lot, use it to file my taxes, and of course internet surfing. But I think most of those can actually be done on a tablet or Chromebook nowadays. So I guess it would depend on what you want to use it for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!