Airmiles Armchair Chatter

LOL all the ones I go to now have signs at each register. You can not buy a gift card with a gift card.
Still might get one as that still works out to a 5percent return, beter than my cc. And I still get the points on the card.
I don't shop there so I didn't know. Not surprised though. I was done with it the last time...it was just to much effort for the lower reward.

So the Sobeys flyer for tomorrow (Blue Friday) says spend 100.00 and you get 150 airmiles.
Can I buy a 100.00 sobeys gift card and get the airmiles and then use it to buy some other gift cards like
subway
marks work wearhouse
petro canada
Tim Hortons
OR
is this a No?
Thanks
Mel

EDITED TO ADD
So the fine print says NO gift card purchases, on the Blue Friday deal.

But you do get 45 airmiles for a $100.00 Sobeys Gift card or
100 airmiles for a $200.00 Sobeys Gift Card.
A bit confusing

link here
http://www.sobeys.com/en/flyer/?f=888

Last edited:
So the Sobeys flyer for tomorrow (Blue Friday) says spend 100.00 and you get 150 airmiles.
Can I buy a 100.00 sobeys gift card and get the airmiles and then use it to buy some other gift cards like
subway
marks work wearhouse
petro canada
Tim Hortons
OR
is this a No?
Thanks
Mel

EDITED TO ADD
So the fine print says NO gift card purchases, on the Blue Friday deal.

But you do get 45 airmiles for a $100.00 Sobeys Gift card or
100 airmiles for a $200.00 Sobeys Gift Card.
A bit confusing

link here
http://www.sobeys.com/en/flyer/?f=888

So to answer my own question
They would allow me to buy a $100.00 sobeys card and get the 45 airmiles BUT I was told I can not use that card to buy any gift cards so I didn't do it. I did rack up 400 airmiles with Blue Friday Day buys.
Have a great weekend everyone
Hugs Mel

I went in to get the pizza deal. $15 to earn 100 AM. Excellent! Of course, last week my DD needed 5 large bags of chips for a school project. At least I got to give her the stink eye....while she laughed at me.

I asked if I could buy gift cards (shell, Starbucks etc.) to get the spend $100 earn 150 AM. It took three phone calls to various managers(and a very rude cashier) to be told that it was groceries only. I sort of figured that would be the case but it was worth asking anyway. It may have worked at a different store. I went to the one closest to my house and that's the store that I've had the most difficulty with the 'game'.

I got a few deals, got a $200 gift card to pay for my groceries, then did most of the big AM deals, ended up with close to 700 AM. Wish I could do that every weekend! :) Didn't spend the whole $200 so I have money on the card for next week's groceries.

We were in the states Black Friday shopping and didn't get back until today. I was so upset that I missed out on the Sobey's airmiles this week. Congrats to all of you who scored well.

Lol
ok yesterday one of my adult sons looks at me and say "Now mom I think you are taking this whole gotta have my AM points a bit too seriously".
Hmmm.... that's when I told him all the things I've bought this year,,"OH where do I get one of those cards from" he says.I told him he could just use an extra one of mine.lol
Hugs Mel

We were in the states Black Friday shopping and didn't get back until today. I was so upset that I missed out on the Sobey's airmiles this week. Congrats to all of you who scored well.
Well at least you missed out because you were doing something fun! I was out of town for work on Friday. We don't have a Sobeys but have a Safeway where we get airmiles. I find it too expensive to shop there on a regular basis, but checking out the flyer once I was back and seeing the airmiles deals, I too was bummed I missed out on them!

Hope you got some good BF deals that made up for it!

There's some good bonus points right now (I think 3000) if you upgrade to BMO World Elite MC.
Fee is $120/ yr but it includes medical travel insurance which we had to purchase anyways, so for us it was worth it. We don't have the min. income level it says you need to have to get the card, but we were already gold MC holders with good credit history with them, so we just upgraded no issues.

Congrats to all who made it out on the Friday. I was able to score 600 points myself. Bought the $200gc first then used that to buy the chicken fingers, chips and few other bonuses. still had $80 left on the card and all the Jamie stickers for the new knife set. They even gave me the stickers for the GC, newby..lol.

Lol
ok yesterday one of my adult sons looks at me and say "Now mom I think you are taking this whole gotta have my AM points a bit too seriously".
Hmmm.... that's when I told him all the things I've bought this year,,"OH where do I get one of those cards from" he says.I told him he could just use an extra one of mine.lol
Hugs Mel
For years our son has referred to us as "airmile whores" rofl

Just checked my account and i've already been credited with 95 Airmiles for my Black Friday - Cyber Tuesday on-line shopping and i know there are still a few purchases to come through GO ME!

Sorry to one-up you Donald, but I just checked and my 575 from black Friday are there. Not nearly as good as the GC exchange, but still not bad since it really only cost me $130 for that.
Good luck to all. I thought I was done with AM but now just look at the big deals and maximize.

You did get some great shopping there Mort! But i wasn't even trying so was super surprised to see them there :O

Just received the Metro Holiday shopping card--every time you spend $25 between now and Dec 30th you get 25 airmiles.
Not bad
Hugs Mel

Just received the Metro Holiday shopping card--every time you spend $25 between now and Dec 30th you get 25 airmiles.
Not bad
Hugs Mel

Did this card come from Airmiles or Metro? Did you get it in the mail? Were you able to sign up for it or are you just one of the "Chosen". Inquiring minds want to know.:chat:

Did this card come from Airmiles or Metro? Did you get it in the mail? Were you able to sign up for it or are you just one of the "Chosen". Inquiring minds want to know.:chat:

Hi Hon
I got it in the mail,I don't know why I got it? It says
Holiday shopping card
my rewards & my metro.(red with white snowflakes and airmiles logos).
I do occasionally shop at my local metro store.
Hugs Mel

Here's hoping I'll get one in the mail then. I get PIN codes from Disney regularly so maybe I've used up my luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!