Airmiles Armchair Chatter

so I received an email today that I am hold status. Did not even know that was a thing.
then opened my sobeys offers and see 35 AM with $115 spent?!? Really. 🙄
Don't even know what hold status is.
I know how you feel about Sobeys. Last week I had spend $125 get 40 miles and this week I got spend $115 get 25 miles. So I do most of my spending there and this is how they repay me. Guess it won't be a big shop this week. Holding out like everybody else for a Blue Friday. Even though I don't earn any points at Food Basics I have started doing some of my shopping there. It is near where I take badminton classes and I go there before class.

Not sure if I'm happy to report this or not :scratchin After 5 straight weeks (I thought it was 4 weeks but it was 5) of getting the 110/$115 from Sobeys it is gone. I've now got 40/$125. It was a great run while it lasted....I earned 1416 miles on that sweet deal. I think though that I will be happy to go back to my regular price match, pc optimum shopping at RCSS.

OMG I'm so glad to see this! I've been fretting about you actually getting to ride since they only issued 46 boarding groups today and the rest were back-ups! I had my fingers crossed that this wasn't a day you were going to be on Batuu, Ignite the spark and May the Force be With You !!!

you’re so kind!! we were in a backup group (boarding group 93), and it looks like they got up to 106 today. so not many guaranteed spots, but they sure got lots of us in to help the cause!

no spoilers at all, but it was amazing. we might be talking the grandparents in to another early morning with the kiddo so we can battle again. the only not-so-fun part is actually booking the boarding groups.

An email from whom? On hold in what regard. Sorry I must have missed an earlier part of the conversation.

NVM I read back a couple of pages and found the reference it was a typo s/b Gold for anyone just joining in now (like me)

Last edited:
You could be correct. Isn't autocorrect the worst thing ever?
I really should have started a list of the crazy autocorrects that my phone makes. I asked my DD yesterday for a hockey jersey but my phone decided to ask her for her Joe Keys. I recall once something being changed to Moose lips.....no idea what I actually wanted to say but it sure wasn't Moose lips.

Just had some miles that have been sitting around on my desk posted thru the online chat. I'm not sophisticated enough to have fancy-pants spread sheets like some of you , straight up old school with receipts and tiny pieces of paper scribbled on attached to them :P I do add a star to the calendar on my wall to remind me but that's it! I just got 85 miles added to my secondary card -- 35 for my online transaction during StB being split up (luckily it still managed to trigger the coupon and i got the full amount) and 50 for an offer thru email to earn a single miles, anywhere, and get 50!

Got a question about using gift certificates at AM brick-and-mortar stores. If you are paying for purchases with a gift certificate, do you get air miles? Trying to get the biggest bang for gift certificates, in terms of air miles.

Got a question about using gift certificates at AM brick-and-mortar stores. If you are paying for purchases with a gift certificate, do you get air miles? Trying to get the biggest bang for gift certificates, in terms of air miles.
Yes! You even earn miles if you USE cash miles to pay for your transaction.

By Gift Certificates I'm assuming you mean Gift Cards if so, yes you do. I use GC all the time at Sobeys and Metro. Get my AM for purchasing the card (when it's on offer) and I also get AM for the things I purchased that day. Score a triple dip by putting that GC purchase on an AM Mastercard.

you’re so kind!! we were in a backup group (boarding group 93), and it looks like they got up to 106 today. so not many guaranteed spots, but they sure got lots of us in to help the cause!

no spoilers at all, but it was amazing. we might be talking the grandparents in to another early morning with the kiddo so we can battle again. the only not-so-fun part is actually booking the boarding groups.
That is so awesome. The Boarding group process and mass of humanity at HS rope drop is stressing me out for our upcoming trip in April. We're only onsite for 4 nights so I doubt we'll get Smugglers Run FP during that time. I guess if we don't get it I'll keep in mind that most of this trip was paid for using airmiles, so it won't be as hard to stomach. :)

That is so awesome. The Boarding group process and mass of humanity at HS rope drop is stressing me out for our upcoming trip in April. We're only onsite for 4 nights so I doubt we'll get Smugglers Run FP during that time. I guess if we don't get it I'll keep in mind that most of this trip was paid for using airmiles, so it won't be as hard to stomach. :)
I am going in December and already stressing out too! If I get a higher BG, I can’t hop to other parks as it can be in the afternoon or at night. I don’t even know how to plan my days with this uncertainty. Then with the new rides and tiering, TSM is actually harder to get now. The plan is to rope drop a new tier 1 and book FP for another Tier 1. Yet this plan may not work with the ROTR BG. I just hope Disney would change to FP for ROTR before my FP booking window opens.

you’ll do great! both rides are super fun, so if you can make it on either/both, you’ll have a blast :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter