Airmiles Armchair Chatter

anyone else still missing the AM from the Sobeys GC a few weeks ago. Appear on my bill, just not in account yet?

I received my AM for the Sobeys GC promotion this week. Of course I purchased them on October 6th.

Back from Rexall, spent $76.37 exlc. tax, and earned 203 am.
How sad is it that we're earning more air miles lately at Rexall than at Safeway/Sobeys?
depends on the person .... Rexall is my #1 earner, I rarely even shop at Sobey's. However, we're actually much less active that most of you . Yeah, it might seem like I would be pulling in the miles hand over fist but in reality, i spend more time researching and posting to help everyone else earn than I do earning them myself.

I think the offers are definitely lower this year than previously and I won't be surprised if this year's StB has a smaller reward that's harder to earn :(

Back from Rexall, spent $76.37 exlc. tax, and earned 203 am.
How sad is it that we're earning more air miles lately at Rexall than at Safeway/Sobeys?
I'm working on a theory that Air Miles is trying to take on PC Optimum directly. The same pattern is there between Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaws, where the bulk of the earning events happen with Shoppers... But I only started this in April so not sure of the longer history and patterns...

For those experienced using airmilesshop.ca
I am trying each day to get a half decent multiplier--so far 2x or 3x,,,,:sad2: (Mountain Of Miles Promo).
I am looking at making a shop from Macy's dept store.
Can I put things now into my cart ahead of time or do I have to wait like with Amazon.ca?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
There's been a lot of conversation over the last few years about redeeming miles for Disney Tickets. I've taken some time to pull together a list of what people have said they *paid* and put it in the first post. Take a look and if you are able to provide more examples just let me know and I'll add them. If the list gets long I'll figure out another way around this!

***ETA, i know i don't have any DisneyLAND numbers there yet -- it just got to be time to make something to eat. I'll add those later

Bummer. Totally missed the Rexall trip. I left work an hour late and my commute is 90 k so by the time I got home I was already beat. Had a long day today, it was a long busy rotation but now I'm on days off. Anyways I walk in the door and too late to go out. I'm sporting shorts and a t shirt and DW is in her PJ's. We missed it and will have to wait for the next big mile payout.

For those experienced using airmilesshop.ca
I am trying each day to get a half decent multiplier--so far 2x or 3x,,,,:sad2: (Mountain Of Miles Promo).
I am looking at making a shop from Macy's dept store.
Can I put things now into my cart ahead of time or do I have to wait like with Amazon.ca?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
It’s better not to put anything in your cart just in case. However, I have been putting stuff on my wish list or marking as favourite so I can quickly locate them when it’s time to make the purchase.

It’s better not to put anything in your cart just in case. However, I have been putting stuff on my wish list or marking as favourite so I can quickly locate them when it’s time to make the purchase.

Thanks Hon
I'll just put them as a wish list.
I am on a "Grinch Christmas Village" buying spree ever since I found 4 of the buildings on sale at Canadian Tire the other day.
1571362544455.png
The accessories though are going to cost me a small fortune,,,lol.
Hugs
Mel

There's been a lot of conversation over the last few years about redeeming miles for Disney Tickets. I've taken some time to pull together a list of what people have said they *paid* and put it in the first post. Take a look and if you are able to provide more examples just let me know and I'll add them. If the list gets long I'll figure out another way around this!

***ETA, i know i don't have any DisneyLAND numbers there yet -- it just got to be time to make something to eat. I'll add those later

Great list! Thank you for doing it, I know it took some time to put together. I just took a glance at it and will add when I have a little more time. I was considering doing the same based on @DYLEMMA1986's post but then considered that it's very hard to compare the historical value without the exchange rate when the tickets came out and the price that Disney's charging at that time. There is also the jump to flex tickets and the release at equal value to cash a couple years ago. But it's great knowledge to have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!