Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This was for airmileshop transactions right? (Christmas In July Promo)
I just checked July in my account and I did 3 shops
1. Old Navy
2. Well.ca
3. Indigo
no miles posted yet for me.(should be 300 Airmiles)
My sons account posted 50 and I made 3 shops there,,(should be 300 Airmiles).
21 Nov 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
CHRISTMAS IN JULY+50

19 Jul 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
CHAPTERS.INDIGO.CA1 REWARD MILE FOR EVERY $20+2
19 Jul 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
CHAPTERS.INDIGO.CATRIPLE REWARD MILES+4
19 Jul 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
WELL.CA1 REWARD MILE FOR EVERY $20+2

13 Jul 19
YOURSHOPS.CA
OLD NAVY CANADA1 REWARD MILE FOR EVERY $20+2

I think this was the transactions had to be in certain categories to qualify

Mel

mel
Did we have a sticky for Xmas in July ?

MEGA off-topic here gang!

My question either got lost with my flyer update post yesterday or no one has any suggestions.

If money wasn't a consideration what's one place you would like to eat? Mom gave us gift cards for both our anniversary AND our birthdays (Nov 10th, 23rd & 25th respectively in case anyone cares :P ) so either going towards a nice meal OR some sweet souvenirs. No park locations and it should be a Disney owned location (meaning no DS or the Swolphin) because of my dietary restrictions. Only thing I'd say no to is Vic & Als --she didn't give us THAT much :rotfl2:
So there are some DS |Disney owned. But yes Hoop D if you have never done. Sanna is a great location and food. If its due to the GCs then I am pretty sure all DS take the cards, but easy to find out for sure. Then your options open up greatly.

What I did was went to July posting in my airmiles and copied and pasted the airmiles shops right into the CHAT conversation.
Part of the problem was that my third shop had not posted properly. I had it corrected in early Nov and the person who took care of that offered to forward all the info to the correct office to show that I had made the proper purchases to ensure that it counted for the promo. That interaction was SUPER easy...great guy to deal with. Then enters ‘Marie’ 😒 who I have to explain it all to again. Fine, but she disbelieves my story and I have to repeat things several times. She then wants to see my receipts, transaction records And AGAIN wants the dates, times and amounts. The same ones that are all on the receipts. So I copy and paste it all. Then she leaves me on hold for about 5 minutes and in that time the chat disconnected...I suppose for inactivity. When she finally comes back she all Miss Marie sunshine and gives the old ‘I’m doing you a favour’ type thing.

At least it’s now done.

So I just live chatted with Air Miles and was told they can't award any missing points this week and have been told to wait until next Thursday to make sure that points aren't double posted. I said that is dumb (in nice terms) as I said I really don't think anybody is going to go back and check and say oops we made a mistake we better fix this person account but she was adamant so I will wait for next week. She is of the mind that my missing 250 air miles will appear in my account. We will wait and see.

Part of the problem was that my third shop had not posted properly. I had it corrected in early Nov and the person who took care of that offered to forward all the info to the correct office to show that I had made the proper purchases to ensure that it counted for the promo. That interaction was SUPER easy...great guy to deal with. Then enters ‘Marie’ 😒 who I have to explain it all to again. Fine, but she disbelieves my story and I have to repeat things several times. She then wants to see my receipts, transaction records And AGAIN wants the dates, times and amounts. The same ones that are all on the receipts. So I copy and paste it all. Then she leaves me on hold for about 5 minutes and in that time the chat disconnected...I suppose for inactivity. When she finally comes back she all Miss Marie sunshine and gives the old ‘I’m doing you a favour’ type thing.

At least it’s now done.

Sorry this happened to you,,this time around I am keeping ALL of my receipts and coupons for STB,,I have a feeling I am going to be chasing them down and I haven't even got my Christmas In July yet so that's another Chat probably this week.
Ahhh Airmiles does need to code and input their stuff better.
I will definitely *accidentally* disconnect if I see the name Marie.,,lol.
Hugs to you
Mel

So I just live chatted with Air Miles and was told they can't award any missing points this week and have been told to wait until next Thursday to make sure that points aren't double posted. I said that is dumb (in nice terms) as I said I really don't think anybody is going to go back and check and say oops we made a mistake we better fix this person account but she was adamant so I will wait for next week. She is of the mind that my missing 250 air miles will appear in my account. We will wait and see.

So sorry Judy
Hugs to you
Mel

Here's the information for Christmas in July -- i hate to say i told you so, but i KNEW this would prove to be as much of a poop storm as their last dedicated online shopping promo ....I'm gonna wait until Monday -- that's the deadline for the promo to post then I'll chase down mine (none posted yet)

1 Between 00:00:01 AM ET on July 3 and 23:59:59 PM ET on July 28, 2019, Collectors must make eligible purchases of $50 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, in a single transaction at (i) 5 or more different Christmas in July Categories to qualify for the 500 Bonus Miles; (ii) 3 or more different Christmas in July Categories to qualify for the 300 Bonus Miles; or (iii) 2 different Christmas in July Categories to qualify for the 50 Bonus Miles. To view all Christmas in July Categories and eligible online stores, visit www.airmilesshops.ca/en/splash/christmas-in-july-2019. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. Travel must be booked by July 28, 2019 and completed by September 30, 2019 to qualify. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Reward Miles offers. This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Reward Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Partner trademarks are owned by the respective Partner or authorized for their use in Canada. *airmilesshops.ca Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $20 CDN that you spend per transaction per online store excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Base offer may vary, click “Store Info” on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles. Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 60 days. **airmilesshops.ca Multiplier Offers: LIMITED TIME OFFERS. AIR MILES® Reward Miles multiplier offers apply to the total base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Online store offers are subject to change without notice. See specific online store on airmilesshops.ca for offer details and any restrictions. Bonus Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days. Prices are not always in Canadian Dollars. Please refer to each individual online store’s page on airmilesshops.ca to determine what currency is being displayed. While we make every effort to assure the accuracy of product information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies. Product information including price, availability, sales tax, and estimated shipping costs are provided by the affiliated online stores. LoyaltyOne, Co. assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or timeliness of information provided by the affiliated online stores. Please check the individual online store websites to confirm the accuracy of the information provided. ****Earn twice when you use your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard to make qualifying purchases online through airmilesshops.ca [and enter your AIR MILES Number]. The amount of Miles you get depends on the earn rate offered by the AIR MILES Partner and the earn rate offered on your BMO AIR MILES credit card. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Partner trademarks are owned by the respective Partner or authorized for their use in Canada.

I call bull crap on that! I have none posted yet and you can bet I'll be on chat as soon as i get functional on Tuesday because Monday Nov 25th is 120 day mark -- they NEED to post by that day or we're allowed to chase them down. They need to figure out a different process for tracking these promos ! Irks me that we need to do their job for them
:headache:🤬

At least it’s now done.
Yeah i have one that didn't post properly as well but i KNEW i would still end up needing to track down the correct final bonus because there is zero way for them to connect any "missing miles" to an ongoing promo. I gave up tackling them more than once because it's just a waste of my time .. they can say whatever they want when they give us the extra miles (scratch that, the miles we DESERVE because we earned them, they are NOT extra!) it doesn't get into the right spot to get caught by whatever obscure algorithm IT has set up for tracking.

I call bull crap on that! I have none posted yet and you can bet I'll be on chat as soon as i get functional on Tuesday because Monday Nov 25th is 120 day mark -- they NEED to post by that day or we're allowed to chase them down. They need to figure out a different process for tracking these promos ! Irks me that we need to do their job for them
:headache:🤬
Yup I was none too happy and I basically told her that but she wouldn't budge so nothing I can do. When I first saw my bonus miles I thought oh I thought I should have gotten 300 so I checked my notes and realized that I had done both Amazon and Chapters which were the same category and I went oopsie my bad. But then I checked my other email account and realized that I had done Staples as well as Chapters and The source so I do deserve the 300 miles. I went back to my airmiles account and I do have points posted from all three stores so not sure why I didn't get the 300 miles.
Yes for darn tooting I will be chatting on Tuesday then to get my missing miles.

My current favourite would be Boma at AKL but it's buffet and that might not be what you are looking for. If it was just dh and I, I'd likely pick Jiko, also AKL, but have never been there. Also love Cali Grill, been there a few times over the years.
Citrico’s in the GF.
top of my “to try” list this time is Homecoming in Disney Springs.
You could do a night at the Poly. Dinner at Kona Cafe and fireworks on the beach after (with a dole whip if that fits your food restrictions).Or La Hacienda de San Angel if you like mexican. Book a table about 2 hours before the fireworks and request a window table. You might get lucky and have a view, and they pipe the music in so it’s really nice.
also, happy birthday happy birthday happy anniversary!
So no parks, no DS and no Swolphin...that doesn't leave much. It really depends on what kind of food you like. Already mentioned, and I agree are good, California Grill and Citrico's. If you like BBQ and want something fun and a little crazy...Whispering Canyon. Hard to get but Ohana is also good. Quiet and quaint...Grand Floridian Café. If you like steak houses....Yachtsman. You said no Swolphin but....Shula's is great. If you would like a dinner show...Hoop Dee Doo Revue is AWESOME and the food is very good. You could also do the Luau at the Poly which is good but not nearly as good as Hoop Dee Doo.
So there are some DS |Disney owned. But yes Hoop D if you have never done. Sanna is a great location and food. If its due to the GCs then I am pretty sure all DS take the cards, but easy to find out for sure. Then your options open up greatly.

AWESOME suggestions gang! I guess i didn't make myself clear about WHY they need to be Disney owned - they have a dedicated allergy protocol that needs to be followed when dealing with special dietary restrictions but it only applies to restaurants that they own and manage. My diet is extremely limited and difficult to handle but if i contact Disney with a list of restaurants they will have the chefs in turn contact me.
Places I've been considering are Sanna -- but not sure it's worth it since i can't have any spices or seasonings other than salt. Citrico's - but I'd need to look at getting a call from their for sure! menu looks rather specialized. California Grill - yeah , i should have made that reservation months ago -- nothing earlier than 9:30 for the entire 3 weeks 😱. I've heard good things from the allergy community about Whispering Canyon, but again .. spices? Jiko? That's a new one to me! Haven't even looked at it yet!

I've been holding a spot for the new restaurant that will be opening in EPCOT --Space 220 but just learned it's not Disney owned :(

Blue Friday question. Will Sobeys have chicken wings available in the morning, or will I need to wait until the afternoon for them?

I was on the chat about 1/2 hour ago and they posted my missing miles right away, nothing about waiting till next week. That's ridiculous.

MEGA off-topic here gang!

My question either got lost with my flyer update post yesterday or no one has any suggestions.

If money wasn't a consideration what's one place you would like to eat? Mom gave us gift cards for both our anniversary AND our birthdays (Nov 10th, 23rd & 25th respectively in case anyone cares :P ) so either going towards a nice meal OR some sweet souvenirs. No park locations and it should be a Disney owned location (meaning no DS or the Swolphin) because of my dietary restrictions. Only thing I'd say no to is Vic & Als --she didn't give us THAT much :rotfl2:

I would choose Saana, but I haven't tried any of the really expensive places.

We've also eaten at Boma and Yatchsman and liked both, but I would choose Saana over either of them.

Hoop De Doo was fun once. It appeals to my son's sense of humour, so it was worth it just to watch him. I wouldn't go for the food though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter