Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did someone say you can buy $150 Sobey’s gift card and then use them to buy Shell gift cards in a Sobeys store.

My Ajax Sobeys's store had a big sign up at the Customer service and all the cash lines saying that the Flipp App had the gift card offer incorrect - spend $150 get 200 airmiles and the correct offer was spend $150 get 150 and they were sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay, so I went to Metro and used the STB coupon for Fresh to Go. There is also the offer in the flyer of use 25 AM's get 25 plus the email for use 285 get 105. The cashier had a hard time figuring out the STB coupon and had to call over the manager but it got done. The 50 AM's for that shows on my receipt but nothing else does.
My question is do the other miles just show up but not on the receipt or did I negate them by using the STB coupon. Do these miles show on anyone else's receipt? Bowing down to those in the know :worship:

Metro had the same offer the first weekend of shop the block. I did the Freshtogo promo and cashed in 95 airmiles on the Friday (Nov 15) and received the 25 airmiles back one week later, Friday Nov 22. This is pretty typical of Metro's timeframe. I didn't have the 105 airmiles promo last time so can't help with that but have it this time so will be doing the same tomorrow.

I was going to use the airmilesshops portal today and order 4 sweaters from The Bay but that's not happening now. (sigh) We were trying to find a sweater for their Grandpa and found a nice one there that was reduced. In fact, I was planning on one color for my Dad and another for my husband. But since I'm unsure of the sizes I was going to order 2 sizes of each color; then return the two that don't fit right after Christmas. Nope... The Bay says I won't be able to do a return. No way am I even going to order 1 each then and take a chance they "might" fit. Forget it. The Bay just lost my business and I'll keep searching elsewhere. It's a shame. We really liked that sweater.

Of course you can order multiple sizes and return what you do not want to keep. I do this all the time for online shopping, especially at the Bay. In fact, if you order all 4 and decide you don’t want them, you can return all 4. They can’t say no to someone changing their mind.

I was going to use the airmilesshops portal today and order 4 sweaters from The Bay but that's not happening now. (sigh) We were trying to find a sweater for their Grandpa and found a nice one there that was reduced. In fact, I was planning on one color for my Dad and another for my husband. But since I'm unsure of the sizes I was going to order 2 sizes of each color; then return the two that don't fit right after Christmas. Nope... The Bay says I won't be able to do a return. No way am I even going to order 1 each then and take a chance they "might" fit. Forget it. The Bay just lost my business and I'll keep searching elsewhere. It's a shame. We really liked that sweater.
Where did you get the idea that you can't return something to The Bay?? Their return policy is excellent! I'm forever ordering stuff online and then taking it back to a store if i don't like it or it doesn't fit. If i use my HBC credit card i get 90 days to return the items. They have even extended the return period right now, this is on the website
Go HERE to read the return policies.

HECK, you really should be ordering from them right now, use the code "GIVEGET" and you'll get up to 20% off everything, including sale prices!!! I just placed an order for close to $150 .. dress pants for hubby, shower curtain and a bra for myself ! Plus extra miles.

I have not posted in a while, but I have been reading along over the weeks and taking in all the wisdom!
I just wanted to vent a bit of my discontent with the bonus AM on Sobeys (or their family stores) gift card deals. We are a Sobeys family, (we only shop at Superstore rarely). We both worked for Sobeys (it's where we met actually, and hubby still works there - just got inducted into the Quarter Century Club). So... what I'm saying is, we will continue to shop there whether the AM return is good or not.
But... while the error of accidentally saying 200AM for a $150 GC was a nice bonus for those that got it, I must say I'm still jealous of the basic deal on offer: 150AM for $150 GC's, or other 1:1 ratios.
Here in NS (and all Atlantic stores I think), we get to spend more, for less! Our offer is buy a $200 GC to earn 100AM. And yes, since we do almost all our shopping there, I still bought 2. But I would have much preferred to earn 400AM for that cash outlay, OR, spend less to earn my 200AM. Sigh.
In other news, we are plugging away at our STB's and hoping to add to our measly account in the process (getting those nights at Pop Century booked for next April was great, but seeing our poor AM account being at nearly 0 hurts!) =)

Did someone say you can buy $150 Sobey’s gift card and then use them to buy Shell gift cards in a Sobeys store.

That was me. I do it every time. So far I have not been refused.

Of course you can order multiple sizes and return what you do not want to keep. I do this all the time for online shopping, especially at the Bay. In fact, if you order all 4 and decide you don’t want them, you can return all 4. They can’t say no to someone changing their mind.
Where did you get the idea that you can't return something to The Bay?? Their return policy is excellent! I'm forever ordering stuff online and then taking it back to a store if i don't like it or it doesn't fit. If i use my HBC credit card i get 90 days to return the items. They have even extended the return period right now, this is on the website
View attachment 457220
Go HERE to read the return policies.

HECK, you really should be ordering from them right now, use the code "GIVEGET" and you'll get up to 20% off everything, including sale prices!!! I just placed an order for close to $150 .. dress pants for hubby, shower curtain and a bra for myself ! Plus extra miles.
View attachment 457221

Opps. I left out info in that post. The sweater I'm looking at says "clearance" but does not say "final clearance" or "final sale".
https://www.thebay.com/only-and-son...+and+Sons&N=302024602+4294967022&bmUID=mXqsJt.

However, the return policy says:
Final Clearance
A small number of heavily discounted items may have moved to our final clearance category, in which case they are not eligible for a refund, exchange or store credit.

The sweater on the right says "final sale" underneath and when you click on it, it just says "clearance".

This sweater has nothing underneath but when you click on it, it says "clearance".

So I phoned The Bay in the Oshawa Centre and was told I could return but she did not ask for the item number to look at it. I then phoned the 800 # from the website. He looked up the item # and told me no - that his computer system says it's final clearance. I then Facebook Messaged Hudson Bay with screenshots to ask them and was told "Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the delay. I'm very sorry about how confusing all these categories can be. To simplify things, anything that has the labels "clearance" and "final clearance" or "liquidation" are final sale and are not eligible to be returned or exchanged. If you have any questions regarding this, or for any other reason, feel free to reach out anytime. Hope this helps. ^Kevin"

Sucks. We love the black-to-grey look and think it would look great on my Dad. I think the blue would look great on my husband. But I don't want to pay $39 x 4 sweaters and be stuck with 2 I can't return. Or potentially all 4 if they don't like them.

Under the wire, placed one last order to get the 20X miles time-stamped 11:57 Was a bit of a roller coaster ride at the end as i was waiting for an ecard to get delivered by Indigo. Placed the order around 5 and it never showed up ... waited close to an hour to connect to their chat system and worked with an agent who came up with a work-around for me so i could still get the miles! I placed the order using my credit card and when the gift card finally arrives (apparently an overwhelming number of orders the last few days have slowed down the system?) I will add it to my account, then contact billing and they will see the note he added to my account and the gift card will be used to refund my credit card!

I'm exhausted now but I'll earn the extra miles from buying the gift cards in the first place and then using them! It's nice when you are able to find a customer service agent who is willing to go the extra mile (see what i did there :P )

I have not posted in a while, but I have been reading along over the weeks and taking in all the wisdom!
I just wanted to vent a bit of my discontent with the bonus AM on Sobeys (or their family stores) gift card deals. We are a Sobeys family, (we only shop at Superstore rarely). We both worked for Sobeys (it's where we met actually, and hubby still works there - just got inducted into the Quarter Century Club). So... what I'm saying is, we will continue to shop there whether the AM return is good or not.
But... while the error of accidentally saying 200AM for a $150 GC was a nice bonus for those that got it, I must say I'm still jealous of the basic deal on offer: 150AM for $150 GC's, or other 1:1 ratios.
Here in NS (and all Atlantic stores I think), we get to spend more, for less! Our offer is buy a $200 GC to earn 100AM. And yes, since we do almost all our shopping there, I still bought 2. But I would have much preferred to earn 400AM for that cash outlay, OR, spend less to earn my 200AM. Sigh.
In other news, we are plugging away at our STB's and hoping to add to our measly account in the process (getting those nights at Pop Century booked for next April was great, but seeing our poor AM account being at nearly 0 hurts!) =)

You used miles to pay for a Disney hotel? How?

Question for those who have redeemed for merchandise rewards. I just ordered my sons Christmas (hopefully 🤞🏻) Computer gift. The main air miles page says order by Dec 10 for Christmas delivery but the item notes say delivered in 4 weeks. Any thoughts on my chances for getting it in time? I’ve only redeemed for Disney tickets in the past and they always come within a few days.

You used miles to pay for a Disney hotel? How?

I'm glad others answered sooner but yes, I used the travel hub! After the change happened sometime mid this year, someone on here posted about seeing WDW hotels (I was struggling trying to book our exact dates using the RedTag site). I searched for Pop Century by name, but also looked for the general lake buena vista area to see more options.
I booked 10 of our needed 13 nights, and it was approx. 22,000 miles and $320 CAD and super easy to do, and fully refundable (as long as the hotel has a 100% cancellation policy, which WDW does), but AM will charge you $10 for the effort. Overall, worth it for me!

I'm glad others answered sooner but yes, I used the travel hub! After the change happened sometime mid this year, someone on here posted about seeing WDW hotels (I was struggling trying to book our exact dates using the RedTag site). I searched for Pop Century by name, but also looked for the general lake buena vista area to see more options.
I booked 10 of our needed 13 nights, and it was approx. 22,000 miles and $320 CAD and super easy to do, and fully refundable (as long as the hotel has a 100% cancellation policy, which WDW does), but AM will charge you $10 for the effort. Overall, worth it for me!

did you book the other 3 nights as a separate reservation, or could you do it all through air miles and pay the difference?

did you book the other 3 nights as a separate reservation, or could you do it all through air miles and pay the difference?

I booked the other 3 nights separately. However, I didn't look to see what my options were at the time, as I only had enough AM for 10 nights, and I didn't want to wait and continue collecting points and possibly miss out on having the reservation available (spoiler alert, Pop is still showing as possible to book through AM for my dates, oh well!).
I decided to book the 3 nights using a room discount WDW announced, so I did that directly with WDW via their website.
I don't know if I could have booked those other 3 nights using the AM portal.
I don't think I could have done them during the same transaction of my 10 nights though, because you do have to pick "I want to redeem AM" or "I want to pay cash" during booking. (Onyx will get the option to do 50/50 cash and AM).
So I hope I answered your question... which is... "I did book them separately, but I don't know for sure if I HAD to, but I think so."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!