Airmiles Armchair Chatter

When we pay OOP we mostly fly JetBlue. They don't charge for seat selection and, according to them, they don't oversell their flights. A few years ago they added a tier system so you can book a basic flight with no luggage, a seat with one bag or a seat with two bags. Depending on what you choose you can pay more or less. It's still a lot cheaper than other options but who knows, they could start charging for seats at any time.

STOP THE BUS ITS OVER.
This promotion has ended. As of October 8, 2019 at 10am EST, no new card enrolments or statement credits for new purchases will be processed. Please visit shell.ca for other available promotions.

got killed early, lots taking advantage of this deal.

supposed to go till end of Dec. Dead after 10 days. This puts Pickle power to shame. Unfortunately I think someone will be losing a job by not putting restrictions on GC and Lotto and Tobacco.

I was hoping this would last for awhile or at least continue to apply for gas fill-ups. I have two pending transactions from last week, will see what happens.

Edit: If I recall correctly the Shell giftcard promo two years ago, rotated across various areas in Canada. As soon as it came to GTA, supposed to run all summer, dead in a week.

ONE DAY ONLY bonus offer Wednesday October 9th
To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips:

1. BOTH bar codes MUST be scanned, neither can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 2 different codes scanned
  5. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger You can even try getting them to type in the bar code number, that will also work
  6. You can use the coupons multiple times, so if you can make more than 1 $50 transaction, GO FOR IT
  7. Depending on the store you might be able to use the survey coupon for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 I would be careful with this though, is $5 worth the potential $10 the Airmiles represents? Link for that is HERE
Two separate coupons from 2 different sources
Coupon # 1 came from Rexall the barcode from this one is 417000052586
Link to the coupon is HERE
Image if you prefer
442393 Just the barcode 442394

Coupon # 2 came from Airmiles and the barcode from this one is 417000052579
This coupon can be found either on the App OR you can find the same coupon code online HERE
Image if you prefer
442396Just the barcode 442397

Last edited:

A couple of comments regarding my above post about our Rexall hunting trips:
  • I made this post on my laptop and the images are possibly crappy, I'll fix them later!
  • The barcodes are in fact now different -- an hour ago they were the same @kerreyn
  • AND the new survey coupon is good till Nov 5th
Happy hunting everyone!

A couple of comments regarding my above post about our Rexall hunting trips:
  • I made this post on my laptop and the images are possibly crappy, I'll fix them later!
  • The barcodes are in fact now different -- an hour ago they were the same @kerreyn
  • AND the new survey coupon is good till Nov 5th
Happy hunting everyone!

The coupon code on the second coupon on your post is the still same coupon code on the app (05257) (which will need to be shown to the cashier so the coupon can be scanned). So if people don't have the app, they should print both of those coupons (05258 & 05257) to get 200am for $50 spent.

The coupon code on the second coupon on your post is the still same coupon code on the app (05257) (which will need to be shown to the cashier so the coupon can be scanned). So if people don't have the app, they should print both of those coupons (05258 & 05257) to get 200am for $50 spent.
Is the wording in my post incorrect? If so I'll change it -- 1st coupon is from Rexall --05258 and 2nd is from Airmiles -- 05257 and is the same both online & in the APP. This is the same as every other time we've had Wednesday only coupons, one from Rexall and one from Airmiles.

I've updated my post to hopefully make it a bit clearer, can you give me your opinion on my wording now? I want to make sure everyone is able to maximize their mile to dollar ratio!!!

I can't NOT share this with all of you who do the Airmiles surveys (Rewarding your opinion) .. currently about 15 minutes into the most Booooring survey on marijuana usage (not sure why i didn't get screened out when i said nope don't use it) and this awesome screen popped up

I read the second post (the one I'm tagged in) as the second coupon and app coupon being different, but they're not. I'm probably reading it wrong. I'm blaming it on the freaking snow storm we're getting right now....

Is the wording in my post incorrect? If so I'll change it -- 1st coupon is from Rexall --05258 and 2nd is from Airmiles -- 05257 and is the same both online & in the APP. This is the same as every other time we've had Wednesday only coupons, one from Rexall and one from Airmiles.

I've updated my post to hopefully make it a bit clearer, can you give me your opinion on my wording now? I want to make sure everyone is able to maximize their mile to dollar ratio!!!

too funny. Your post IMHO is very clear. I think Kerryn's original post was to point out you can get the airmiles website one on the app. Your post clearly states all the places.

I read the second post (the one I'm tagged in) as the second coupon and app coupon being different, but they're not. I'm probably reading it wrong. I'm blaming it on the freaking snow storm we're getting right now....
Well, they're the same because they are the same .. 2nd coupon is the one from Airmiles.

And you can just keep the snow, thank you very much! The frost we had this morning was enough winter for me :P

too funny. Your post IMHO is very clear. I think Kerryn's original post was to point out you can get the airmiles website one on the app. Your post clearly states all the places.
PHEW, thanks for the confirmation .. my brain is still filled up with my frustration over our trip! I just need to move on, get back to the planning stages and pick our park days so I'm ready to make Fast Passes when the time rolls around. Just a month for that milestone to get here and i have zero idea!

finally , yes FINALLY finished the dang survey and just spit water on my keyboard when this popped up! (that's because i could see our girls subjecting their poor kitty to this humiliation!)
Don't laugh - when I was young we used to dress our dog up - one year I dressed her up in my old ballet tutu and yes she got back at me by eating at it. But it was fun and she was cute.

Re: airlines, we have noticed such a downgrade in "cheap" travel this year. I can live without the points and most of the time, the seat selection but I really don't like the idea of airlines picking your seat for you at the 24 hour mark. My daughter and I flew SWOOP in April and were seated together but in a row with a husband and his wife the row behind. They spent a lot of the flight talking through the seats which was quite annoying to sit beside (I gathered they weren't frequent fliers). That could have happened anytime I suppose but what bothered me the most is the airline crammed us into full rows filling every seat while completely empty ones were available ... for a fee lol.

I shouldn't complain, I'm sure what is next is mandatory seat fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!