Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Wow just wow,,,,,,:(
ok I need to research PC Optimum points,,,,so sad.
My chat will Airmiles confirms that Rexall is leaving.
Hugs
Mel
Come on over to the pc boards. Lots of good info and can earn tons of points
Not trying to hijack the thread but I thought I would post the link to the PC Optimum thread for those of you with questions. It runs much the same as this one, everyone helps everyone.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...als-offers-info.3737241/page-73#post-61495347
I will still keep my AM's going. I very seldom used Rexall since switching to PC but there are still offers out there so no point in tossing it out completely. I do however find I get a better bang for my buck with PC. There personal offers change fairly often and you can save them from week to week which for me is a bonus. Anyways, I do both programs and will continue.

Will definitely be popping over to check things out. DH said "maybe" I could use some of his points afterall. We (newbies) will need a bit of a primer on what makes a good deal etc. Please be patient with us

I guess I'll have to figure out the changes from old Shoppers to the new points. I used those all the time, earned a Wii once upon a time. I like to use airmiles for flights, hotels, and such so it's not quite the same to me. Getting money off groceries or whatever is nice of course but I know I lack the discipline to put that money aside for later :) I also find the Loblaws prices rather high, though their president's choice stuff has some interesting options.

There are so many different points programs, makes it very hard to pick and choose which to use! I used Petro Points until they won't let me use the points towards gift cards any more, I earn occasional Canadian Tire money, Scene points to earn a movie or two a year, and then my Airmiles and occasional optimum points. I believe I have other programs as well but hardly use them... So many choices!

I guess I'll have to figure out the changes from old Shoppers to the new points. I used those all the time, earned a Wii once upon a time. I like to use airmiles for flights, hotels, and such so it's not quite the same to me. Getting money off groceries or whatever is nice of course but I know I lack the discipline to put that money aside for later :) I also find the Loblaws prices rather high, though their president's choice stuff has some interesting options.

There are so many different points programs, makes it very hard to pick and choose which to use! I used Petro Points until they won't let me use the points towards gift cards any more, I earn occasional Canadian Tire money, Scene points to earn a movie or two a year, and then my Airmiles and occasional optimum points. I believe I have other programs as well but hardly use them... So many choices!
You can do the same as you do with AM cash, pay for your groceries with your points and purchase a gift card at the same time for the cash equivalent. Also, don’t look specifically at 𝕃𝕠𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕨𝕤. shoppers drug mart carries a lot of groceries and they often have weekenf specials to earn 20 times the points. Sometimes they even offer an extra 5000 points for using their MasterCard. I usually walk away with between 15,000/25,000 points. That’s $15/$25. Not something to sneeze at.

Edited
Moved my post
Tinkerone
so
10,000 is worth $10.00
15,000 is worth $15.00
25,000 is worth $25.00

so when I have collected 50,000 points I can use them at anytime to pay my bill at Shoppers?
Can I also use the points to pay for groceries?

Hang on I am going to transfer this over to the PC Optimum thread
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

Tinkerone
so
10,000 is worth $10.00
15,000 is worth $15.00
25,000 is worth $25.00

so when I have collected 50,000 points I can use them at anytime to pay my bill at Shoppers?
Can I also use the points to pay for groceries?

Hang on I am going to transfer this over to the PC Optimum thread
Hugs
Mel
Sometimes they have “use 50000 get 40% points back” offer. I have to say PC has better offers, usually 1/3 return in points. If I use what I have spent at Rexall to collect PC points, I would have saved more. I think getting the Disney gift cards are the way to go from now on.

comparing apples to apples, for air miles you earn 1 mile for every 20$ spent, with 95 miles = 10$ redeemable cash value.

so with AM, you have to spend 1900$ for 10$ off
vs.
this new program, spend 2500$ for 10$ off

they both sound like they aren’t worth it...it’s how we have learned to maximize the program that gets us much better returns.

i still don’t like the new program and i won’t use it, but i just imagine AM looks like just as useless a program with a beginners eye.

Also with their own program, you can’t double dip with your credit card so with AirMiles you can make that $1900 per $10 even lower.
Granted I only shop at Rexall when I need another offer for a large promo so this won’t affect my AM collecting much. But it’s always a disheartening to see a sponsor go.

I have only stepped foot in a Rexall three times in over a year. PC is by far the better program for they way we shop for drug store items. I find the store brands better with Shoppers , the prices better, and the overall experience better. It will be a learning experience for those of you considering a switch , but the points program is a good one.
Someone else mentioned how their Rexall is always empty .. the three near me are always empty too. I can’t imagine this will be a positive change for them.

I knew something was bubbling away when i opened up this tab and saw how many pages of posts happened today and I don't think it will surprise any of you that The Duck is not impressed NOT. ONE. BIT !!!!!!!

I have a lot of things to consider before i decide how I'll proceed but these are the things on my mind right now:

• I rarely if ever buy anything that's not on sale so that makes comparing Rexall to Shoppers a dead heat
  • Rexall is extremely hard for me to get to Shoppers is just around the corner - 1 point to Shoppers
  • Our banking methods do not allow for the shell game "these points paid for gift card (or whatever) and i used cash for my stuff" - -10 points for the PC programme
  • We don't shop at any of the other PC related stores - so lop off a bunch more points
So what to do, what to do?
  • Keep shopping the way I do but pay more attention to which store has the better price for what i need to buy
  • Get a WestJet Mastercardso that we can use those benefits -- more research cause that's something else i don't understand yet
  • Best plan -- ignore it till I'm home and then stew more !!!

I knew something was bubbling away when i opened up this tab and saw how many pages of posts happened today and I don't think it will surprise any of you that The Duck is not impressed NOT. ONE. BIT !!!!!!!

I have a lot of things to consider before i decide how I'll proceed but these are the things on my mind right now:

• I rarely if ever buy anything that's not on sale so that makes comparing Rexall to Shoppers a dead heat
  • Rexall is extremely hard for me to get to Shoppers is just around the corner - 1 point to Shoppers
  • Our banking methods do not allow for the shell game "these points paid for gift card (or whatever) and i used cash for my stuff" - -10 points for the PC programme
  • We don't shop at any of the other PC related stores - so lop off a bunch more points
  • Keep shopping the way I do but pay more attention to which store has the better price for what i need to buy
  • Get a WestJet Mastercardso that we can use those benefits -- more research cause that's something else i don't understand yet
Enjoy your vacation first!
There’ll be time to figure things out.
Have more magical fun tomorrow!
:donald:

Definitely keep enjoying your vacation!!!

It could be that Rexall wants to have more control of the data generated by a customer's interaction with the store ("data is the new oil"), and try and make their personalized marketing more effective. They will have to make the program attractive enough to compete with Shoppers, which by all accounts here it's not... I am disappointed by these developments too, as well as the lacklustre Air Miles offers of late. The double dip coupon offer just brought Rexall in line with the big offers more frequently offered by Shoppers. I like the PC products and can use that program effectively, but only to save money, not for travel. Like the Duck, I'm not going to be able to put cash away after using points. Thanks everyone for sharing this news... It will definitely take a bite out of my yearly earning. I also liked how Rexall was great at posting points overnight. They were the best partner in that regard.

It could be that Rexall wants to have more control of the data generated by a customer's interaction with the store ("data is the new oil"), and try and make their personalized marketing more effective. They will have to make the program attractive enough to compete with Shoppers, which by all accounts here it's not... I am disappointed by these developments too, as well as the lacklustre Air Miles offers of late. The double dip coupon offer just brought Rexall in line with the big offers more frequently offered by Shoppers. I like the PC products and can use that program effectively, but only to save money, not for travel. Like the Duck, I'm not going to be able to put cash away after using points. Thanks everyone for sharing this news... It will definitely take a bite out of my yearly earning. I also liked how Rexall was great at posting points overnight. They were the best partner in that regard.
PC points post immediately (mostly) so that is good, no waiting at all. Also, take a look at what gift cards your Shoppers has on offer. You may find that there are gc's for airlines you use, they have Disney gc's for sure and they may even have hotel gc's. I've never looked for these but you may want to check it out to see if it will work for your needs.

My response from Rexall:

Thank you for expressing feedback.

At Rexall, we are always looking for ways to better serve our customers and patients, expanding and evolving our products, offers and services. We will be unveiling a new loyalty program later this week. Please check our website (www.Rexall.ca) on Thursday, January 30, to learn more. We believe that our new loyalty program will offer better value and benefits for our customers and will help make managing your health and wellness simpler.

Kristina Magdaraog Customer Experience Representative

My response from Rexall:

At Rexall, we are always looking for ways to better serve our customers and patients, expanding and evolving our products, offers and services. We will be unveiling a new loyalty program later this week. Please check our website (www.Rexall.ca) on Thursday, January 30, to learn more. We believe that our new loyalty program will offer better value and benefits for our customers and will help make managing your health and wellness simpler.

yuck

My response from Rexall:

Word for word same email from Michaela. Likely only a proven loss of customers and profit will bring them back since they have invested in a new program. I'm going to be going to Shoppers.

Last year I collected 48,000 airmiles, 6,000 from Rexall so about 12%, I thought it would be a higher. I know I can get at least $500 of the $600 back at Shoppers with a lot less effort.

Gosh...I am sick for a few days...and don't check in...and all heck breaks loose!!!!

I'm sorry that Rexall is leaving the AM program. For those of you who did get to shop there, you always made me jealous with all that points you earned.

I don't have a Rexall near me. But I still worked both reward programs as best as I could. I got the bulk of my AM from Safeway and blue fridays, along with doing the big promos when I could. I will still keep using both programs to the best of my collecting abilities. But I do like the fact that with AM and the BMO world elite card, we get a break on flights and that I can now use my AM towards packages on red tag as well. I will just keep plugging away at both programs and use my cash from the PC program to help offset the costs. Every little bit helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter