Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well my middle son had a look at the washing machine and he was able to remove the rest of the broken piece from the agitator so we decided to keep on using *Humphrey* a little longer--like until he dies.
This will give me time to save up and maybe do a new buy during the Mega Miles Promo.
And I really WANT (need) Mount Crumpit village House to add to my Village.lol
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Mel, the Ontario Gov has an excellent rebate offer on major appliances right now. It is 25% off almost all energy star new products. We just bought a new dishwasher at Lowes and it was a great price. I could not wait for Black Friday, ours was totally gone but it was still a great deal. Lowes also does a 30 day price match so if it were to go on sale for a lower price at Lowes they will refund the difference. The Ontario Gov rebate goes until March 2020.

Mel, the Ontario Gov has an excellent rebate offer on major appliances right now. It is 25% off almost all energy star new products. We just bought a new dishwasher at Lowes and it was a great price. I could not wait for Black Friday, ours was totally gone but it was still a great deal. Lowes also does a 30 day price match so if it were to go on sale for a lower price at Lowes they will refund the difference. The Ontario Gov rebate goes until March 2020.

Hi Hon
So I am not sure how a rebate works,,is this something like after you purchase (paper work) that you file(send into) the government?
OR
does Lowes discount it and send in the paper work?
So it would have to say *Energy Star*?
Hugs
Mel

Murphy's Law...................................... I told the kids to not overload washer.......................
but who listens to mom............................
a piece of plastic on the agitator snapped off.........I can still use it but will have to be looking towards getting a new one. I used to buy from Sears.................dang double dang.
Is black friday using the airmiles shop a good option? (Nov 29th).
Any suggestions (top load) ,,,the less buttons and extras (bells and whistles) it has the better.

Hugs
Mel
Best deal we ever had was a whirlpool front load washer/dryer pair. clearance sale and came with coupons for a year worth of detergent and softener. I think it was 12 bottles of detergent and 6 of softener.
We bought the extended warranty because it was dirt cheap. DW never liked the washer, the whites were never white. One day it died and she thought finally we get a new washer. Wrong...extended warranty. We got another 2 years out of it and the drum fell off.
Single point attachment with a wicked side load especially if you are washing something like a fleece blanket.
Anyways we got a GE top load, still and HE. They are pretty cheap now and our whites became white again.

Hi Hon
So I am not sure how a rebate works,,is this something like after you purchase (paper work) that you file(send into) the government?
OR
Hugs
Mel

Well, hubby is on the phone with his sister (sigh) so i decided to search this myself because our fridge is circling the drain and I'd rather be proactive for once. I just found that both Lowes & Rona have this on their website BUT you have to buy the appliance in the store. You will automatically get 25% off the appliance!

Lowes Energy Star Offer
Rona Energy Star Offer

Best deal we ever had was a whirlpool front load washer/dryer pair. clearance sale and came with coupons for a year worth of detergent and softener. I think it was 12 bottles of detergent and 6 of softener.
We bought the extended warranty because it was dirt cheap. DW never liked the washer, the whites were never white. One day it died and she thought finally we get a new washer. Wrong...extended warranty. We got another 2 years out of it and the drum fell off.
Single point attachment with a wicked side load especially if you are washing something like a fleece blanket.
Anyways we got a GE top load, still and HE. They are pretty cheap now and our whites became white again.

Yeah my youngest son says the towels at mom's place are so white (like a spa) BUT he is the one who comes home to visit with laundry and overloads the machine.
I've had the front load and had to clean the rubber seal all the time as a funky smell started to develop after 6 months,,then it leaked..........................the piece of garbage I have now is a Haier and it has been awful from start to finish.
Time to go with a brand my mom used,Top loader and GE.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Mel

Well, hubby is on the phone with his sister (sigh) so i decided to search this myself because our fridge is circling the drain and I'd rather be proactive for once. I just found that both Lowes & Rona have this on their website BUT you have to buy the appliance in the store. You will automatically get 25% off the appliance!

Lowes Energy Star Offer
Rona Energy Star Offer

Thanks Jacqueline,I appreciate all your help.:hug:
25% is a great rebate and instore airmiles is an added icing on the cupcake.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

Murphy's Law...................................... I told the kids to not overload washer.......................
but who listens to mom............................
a piece of plastic on the agitator snapped off.........I can still use it but will have to be looking towards getting a new one. I used to buy from Sears.................dang double dang.
Is black friday using the airmiles shop a good option? (Nov 29th).
Any suggestions (top load) ,,,the less buttons and extras (bells and whistles) it has the better.

Hugs
Mel
Look into replacing the broken part. I have an old top load that DH repairs when something goes wrong. You might be surprised at how reasonable the repair may be.

Edit to add. Sorry didn't realize your washer was a front load (I was answering from my phone). Don't bother trying to repair it. I have a 27 year old work horse of a top load. I'm dreading the day it can't be repaired easily and I have to venture out into the modern washing machine market. But when I do it will be another no frills top load style washer.

Last edited:
Yeah my youngest son says the towels at mom's place are so white (like a spa) BUT he is the one who comes home to visit with laundry and overloads the machine.
I've had the front load and had to clean the rubber seal all the time as a funky smell started to develop after 6 months,,then it leaked..........................the piece of garbage I have now is a Haier and it has been awful from start to finish.
Time to go with a brand my mom used,Top loader and GE.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Mel
Ours was the neptune model and I believe in the states there was a class action lawsuit over the doorlock or the seal or something. We just kept the door open so the seal would dry out. The only nice thing about it was the schematics were kept in the top part. It was easy to diagnose what was wrong with it but that was followed by the bad news that it was covered under the extended warranty. The motor and circuit board were cheap but covered but when the bearing went it was 800 for the part and lucky for us the warranty was finally over. We like the GE top load and bought the matching dryer.

Hi Hon
OR
Hugs
Mel

Lowes Energy Star Offer
Rona Energy Star Offer

Sorry, I posted about the rebate and then left the board! Thanks Jaqueline for jumping in there.

Any one looking at the rebate should also note that Costco had free delivery to the room of your choice and free haul away so if you are a member this can save you even more. They have most (not all) of the products the other stores do and you can actually order on line. No Air Miles though.

Home Depot will price match and sometimes give you 10% off. If you are good at haggling (which I am not, I hate having to do that) you can sometimes talk them into free delivery. You just have to take proof of the price in with you. I had a friend break this all down for me

Remember, the rebate is only in Ontario and only until March 2020. It is only up to $500 per appliance but it will apply to each appliance you buy

I need a fridge too but that can wait so I have my fingers crossed that Black Friday or boxing day might have some extra, extra discounts or bonuses LOL

It also applies to Smart Themostats like NEST. I think there are company specific incentives (Enbridge is one for sure) for those as well so you can get them fairly cheap with the rebate rolled in

https://enbridgesmartsavings.com/smart-thermostats
https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/news/2019/08/energy-savings-rebate-program.html

Thanks Jacqueline
I found it
Black Friday Early Access 10 X mutliplier November 19th -22nd
Black Friday/Cyber Monday 15X Mulitplier November 23rd - 26th
One Day Flash Offer of 10X Dec 10th ONLY
Boxing Week 5X Dec 26th - 31st

Perfect!!
I know what I want ,,,,GE ,,,,4.4 top load,,,stainless steel basket
so far I have
under $600.00

Rona=$599.00 includes a 2 year warranty
Lowes=$598.00--includes free haul away. includes a 2 year warranty
Bay=$599.00 includes a 2 year warranty
what happened to the good old days when a washer lasted 15 years or more?

Hugs
Mel
Keep in mind that if you live in Ontario you get an additional 25% off energy star appliances at the big box retailers thanks to the federal government.

Sorry, I posted about the rebate and then left the board! Thanks Jaqueline for jumping in there.

Any one looking at the rebate should also note that Costco had free delivery to the room of your choice and free haul away so if you are a member this can save you even more. They have most (not all) of the products the other stores do and you can actually order on line. No Air Miles though.

Home Depot will price match and sometimes give you 10% off. If you are good at haggling (which I am not, I hate having to do that) you can sometimes talk them into free delivery. You just have to take proof of the price in with you. I had a friend break this all down for me

Remember, the rebate is only in Ontario and only until March 2020. It is only up to $500 per appliance but it will apply to each appliance you buy

I need a fridge too but that can wait so I have my fingers crossed that Black Friday or boxing day might have some extra, extra discounts or bonuses LOL

It also applies to Smart Themostats like NEST. I think there are company specific incentives (Enbridge is one for sure) for those as well so you can get them fairly cheap with the rebate rolled in

https://enbridgesmartsavings.com/smart-thermostats
https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/news/2019/08/energy-savings-rebate-program.html
I don't know how, unless our appliances are possessed but we got the fridge and stove when we bought our first house and somehow they are still working. We are probably the only house in the world that still has white kitchen appliances.

I have white appliances! We just replaced our fridge this year and I "splurged" and got the bottom freezer model, but no other bells and whistles. Didn't need the headache of anything going wrong. I still need to replace my stove, but that will be white too. It's a coil top, and DH is insistent our new one be coil top too. Any opinions on modern coil top vs flat top?

I have white appliances! We just replaced our fridge this year and I "splurged" and got the bottom freezer model, but no other bells and whistles. Didn't need the headache of anything going wrong. I still need to replace my stove, but that will be white too. It's a coil top, and DH is insistent our new one be coil top too. Any opinions on modern coil top vs flat top?
Us to. I will say, when we went shopping for appliances a few years ago, white was very hard to find. Almost everything was stainless/brushed steel. Even shopping for our range hood white was hard to find. To make matters worse I had a specific idea of what I wanted in my fridge. French doors, bottom freezer, ice and water dispenser. Took a while but they are in my kitchen. Glad we did find something, they are so clean looking.

Our kitchen appliances are black. I like the color. I don't care for the steel look. Sooner or later we will need a new fridge. The only feature I really want in a fridge is a cold water & ice dispenser on the outside door. We have a cold water dispenser, but you have to OPEN the fridge door to access it. Dumb design. Especially in the summer!

I'm glad to read this government rebate is running 'til March 2020. I'll have to check if it's the beginning or end of March.

I don't know how, unless our appliances are possessed but we got the fridge and stove when we bought our first house and somehow they are still working. We are probably the only house in the world that still has white kitchen appliances.
My appliances our white too and I have had them for 25 years and they are still working. My upstairs fridge had a cooling hiccup a few weeks ago but fingers crossed it is still working. I am planning on getting a new one of those this year and I am getting the old fashioned kind like I have now with the freezer on the top. I originally got all of my appliances from Sears :sad1: ( I had to get 2 stoves & 2 fridges and 1 freezer) and 3 of the 5 are still working. Now my downstairs stove has been replaced and you try and find a 24 inch stove - we ended up getting it from Bad Boy as there aren't too many of them around. All of the rebates that I have found on the various box store websites are not valid for fridges.

Well we are on 18 years with the fridge and stove. I have gone through 3 dishwashers and 1 washer and dryer. The fridge and stove were also Sears.
So air miles balance came today. We got a whole 9 miles at Staples for 2 tablets. $450 dollars for 9 miles lol. And I get 10 for spending $4 on 2 chocolate bars at Shell. Not sure how this math is supposed to work out but someone with a pocket protector figured this out I guess.
We still need to get the tub walls for the bathroom reno. Lowe's has them on sale this week but I had to pour money in the truck so it's on hold. Right now we would get 41 miles for it..

https://www.lowes.ca/product/bathtu...n-carrara-marble-bathtub-wall-surround-757677

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!