Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Donald - my hero

<font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
***** UPDATE your miles will no longer expire!!! ****
To protect your account be sure to LOCK YOUR CASH ACCOUNT!
• The new daily redemption limit has increased to $750 (7,125 miles) on in-store AIR MILES Cash transactions across , per Collector Cash Account, per day. The cap for in-store AIR MILES Cash redemptions at Shell remains at $60 (570 Cash Miles) per transaction, for up to 5 transactions a day.
• AIR MILES Cash Miles can no longer be used to redeem for gift cards, prepaid credit cards or other similar items.

Welcome to the Airmiles hunt! You've found the best community to be a part of if you're looking for hints to increase your earning ratio. Join in the discussion and share both your successes and your epic failures. The title will be updated to reflect the page where the chatter about the upcoming shopping trips starts. If you are looking for a quick response feel free to tag me, glance thru for my posts (easy to spot because they're all this style) or just ask because someone will be willing to help.

****Several changes have happened regarding sponsor/partner stores, mainly Sobeys has switched to the Scene+ program. Shell only participates in certain provinces. Staples has also left as a brick and mortar location but they're still online*****

There are 3 different timelines for reporting missing miles:

• Base miles --60 days
  • Bonus miles -- 120 days
  • Bonus miles for ONLINE shopping -- 75 days

Use this website to calculate WHEN you can chase down those missing miles
Calculate a Date

If you are missing miles you can either try online chat or use this form to report them

Report Missing Miles

The offers for the upcoming week start
HERE

Airmiles Online Shopping
Most of these stores don't offer Airmiles in their brick and mortar stores ... Indigo, Amazon, E-Bay - the list is long and varied.

Earn Airmiles by Shopping On-Line
Be sure to carefully read the instructions to guarantee you earn the miles.
Amazon's for example :

Please note: Included categories have changed as of August 1, 2020.

You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories, all other categories are excluded. You will not get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.
Included categories:

• Amazon Cloud Cam
  • Apparel & Accessories
  • Camera
  • Echo Devices
  • eero Devices
  • Fashion Private Brands
  • Fire TV Devices
  • Furniture
  • Home
  • Industrial & Scientific
  • Kindle Hardware
  • Kindle Tablet devices
  • Pet Supplies
  • Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
  • Lawn and Garden
  • Luggage
  • Outdoors
  • Toys & Games
In order to get Miles on your Amazon.ca purchase, you must follow the below steps:

1. Enter your AIR MILES Collector Number on airmilesshops.ca
  2. Click on the Shop Now button below
  3. Add items to your shopping cart on Amazon.ca (you will not get Miles on any items in your shopping cart prior to clicking the Shop Now button on airmilesshops.ca)
  4. Complete the transaction on Amazon.ca (You must complete all four steps in a single web session — make sure that you do not close the window, or log off your computer before completing the transaction)

A topic that pops up often, both in this thread and in separate threads, is the number of miles that are needed to redeem for Disney tickets. This is the information that has been collected from reports of DISers over the last few years, please let me know if you have any values to add to the list!

October 3rd, 2013 - 7 day base ticket =2675 miles
September 2014 -5 day base ticket = 2500 miles
January 2015 - 5 day base ticket = 2500 miles
September 5th, 2015 - 5 day base ticket = 3350 miles
2017 - 7 day base ticket = 3375 miles
February 2017 - 5 day base Child's CDN Discounted ticket = 2850 miles
February 2017 - 5 day base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket = 2950 miles
January 4, 2018 - 7 day Base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket = 4500 miles
April 2019 - 7 day base ticket with FLex start day = 6400 miles
October 2019 - 5 day base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4725 miles
October 2019 - 7 day base Adult's CDN Discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4850 miles
October 2019 - 5 day base Child's CDN Discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4545 miles
October 2019 - 7 day base Child's CDN Discount ticket with Flex start day = 4675 miles
October 2019 - 3 day base Adult's NON-discounted ticket with Flex start day = 4650 miles
October 2019 - 5 day base Adult's NON-discounted ticket with Flex start day = 5900 miles
October 2019 - 7 day base Adult's NON-discounted ticket with Flex start day = 6050 miles

Last edited:
Rexall Post removed
as they are NO longer part of the Airmiles program.

Last edited:
Today is the last day but Metro has spend $100 get 100 AM. There is also a Mega Miles coupon for 110 AM when you spend $100 which expires today.

So today you can earn 215 AM on a $100 purchase and then if you pay via a AM credit card that will earn you 10 more plus any instore bonus offers.

Unfortunate for me I don't think I could spend $100 today on groceries. My fridge is pretty full. Too bad Metro doesn't price match....some other stores are having really good sales this week and I would spend the money stocking up if I could get the AM.

Going to need those extra miles seeing as they just raised the rates to get a 5 day pass

Going to need those extra miles seeing as they just raised the rates to get a 5 day pass
Yes, I saw that. Must be the exchange rate. Sort of wishing I had redeemed last week but can't complain....getting my tickets thanks to Sobey's.:rolleyes1

So I went to metro today and bought
$106.68 in groceries. sub total
$110.93 total bill

this is what my bill said
base airmiles earned 5
bonus airmiles earned 10
Bonus coupon (I had printed this off Mega Miles coupon) 110 airmiles
total airmiles earned 125
I went to customer counter to question the current spend $100.00 get 100 points to which I was told these will show up later on my account. He said they don't show up on the receipt ?
Does this sound normal (right)?

Thanks
Hugs Mel

$110.93 total bill

base airmiles earned 5
bonus airmiles earned 10
I went to customer counter to question the current spend $100.00 get 100 points to which I was told these will show up later on my account. He said they don't show up on the receipt ?

Thanks
Hugs Mel
It's been a while since I've shopped at Metro with that deal and I'm pretty sure the miles come later.

$110.93 total bill

base airmiles earned 5
bonus airmiles earned 10

Thanks
Hugs Mel

There is some small print at the bottom of the flyer page that says the bonus will not appear on your receipt but will be credited within 4 to 6 weeks (it's small, I'm reading online so I might have it a bit wrong but you could check if you have a paper flyer?)

Yes, I saw that. Must be the exchange rate. Sort of wishing I had redeemed last week but can't complain....getting my tickets thanks to Sobey's.:rolleyes1
Yeah I'm definitely wishing I had redeemed last week. :mad::mad::mad: I went ahead and redeemed today before they go up again. :mad:

It's been a while since I've shopped at Metro with that deal and I'm pretty sure the miles come later.

There is some small print at the bottom of the flyer page that says the bonus will not appear on your receipt but will be credited within 4 to 6 weeks (it's small, I'm reading online so I might have it a bit wrong but you could check if you have a paper flyer?)

Thanks guys
I do have a flyer and it does say the points will not be on the cash register receipt but will be credited 4-6 weeks.
this is great to know.
Thanks and
Hugs Mel

URGH!! we missed the bonus points at Metro by would you believe ... 2.15??? The stupid till at the self-check doesn't show the breakdown before tax dang!!!

URGH!! we missed the bonus points at Metro by would you believe ... 2.15??? The stupid till at the self-check doesn't show the breakdown before tax dang!!!

Shoot!
I'm sorry this happened Hon.
I know one of the cashiers at Rexall recently told me that they have been told they have to tell people if they are a few dollars away from getting airmiles.
I would have been tempted to do a return.
Better days ahead.
Hugs Mel

I find that Guest Services at Metro is very good at giving you points if something got messed up. I would take that receipt back to them and see if there is something they can do.

I find that Guest Services at Metro is very good at giving you points if something got messed up. I would take that receipt back to them and see if there is something they can do.
Yes, they are very good but there is a limit as to the courtesy miles they can give. It's around 20. You would do much better contacting AM through the missing miles link on their site. They always give you way more than what you were supposed to get in the first place. Even though this is not missing miles I would take this route.

Shoot!
I'm sorry this happened Hon.
I know one of the cashiers at Rexall recently told me that they have been told they have to tell people if they are a few dollars away from getting airmiles.
I would have been tempted to do a return.
Better days ahead.
Hugs Mel

Well, since it was groceries ti would be a pain to return everything and since we didn't notice till we were putting everything away phooey! And if in fact I was in the right i would head into customer service since they know us very well ... but we clearly didn't make the before tax total needed. Could kick myself :(

Hi
I need some help to understand this
I see I can spend $30.00 this weekend at Rexall and get a $10.00 Rexall gift coupon.
Can these 10.00 Rexall gift coupons be used to buy $10.00 Starbucks cards?

I read the fine print on the last page but find it confusing.

http://www.rexall.ca/eflyer?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept10-beautybook

Thanks
Mel
I'm wondering if you could combine the spend $50 on cosmetics with the $30/$10 gift card deal and get both the 100 AM and GC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!