Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My daughter and I flew SWOOP in April and were seated together but in a row with a husband and his wife the row behind. They spent a lot of the flight talking through the seats which was quite annoying to sit beside
We had a group of ladies on some sort of celebration trip. They were mixed into a couple of rows in the middle of the plane. They were very loud, obnoxious and drunk by the time we got to Mexico. They had blocked the aisle most of the time...anyone around them was angry by the time we arrived. My fear was we would constantly run into them at our resort. Thankfully they went to a different one. They were much quieter on the way home...Thank God. They were having a good time and not caring that they were making others around them mad.
Yes that, or you can fly in the cargo hold.:D
That probably would have been more comfy than the plane Airtransat chartered for our trip to Mexico. That plane should NOT be used to long haul flights. The entertainment was dvd's they put into a player at the front of the plane...and then it didn't work more than half the time. And we plugged our earphones into the armrests...and if the connection was just right...your headphones would be static or cut in and out. It was a VERY LONG 6+ hour trip
Yes!! I had I idea when I booked flights for the kids Tampa tourney that if I booked through Expedia I couldn’t seat select I called Delta direct and nothing so I told them the 7 yr old has disabilities and bam they managed to seat the two littles next to me .. big kids are on their own.,
We had the same thing happen. Some people in our party couldn't log in at the 24 hr mark to pick their seats. They had assigned our 8 yr old niece in the back of the plane by NO ONE is our group!!!!! We made a huge fuss at the airport and got it changed...but geeze...seriously...that is NOT the way to get people to want to fly with you again!!!!

Just back from Rexall. Two transactions just over $110 got 404AM. Everything else this week AM wise is gravy.

I do have to do Sobeys >$125.00 and I will get 100AM for spending $100 60AM loaded offer for spend $125 and 80AM Airmiles promotion for spending $200 at Sobeys before Oct 13. Happy Thanksgiving to me!

Booking packages with air miles on the Redtag.ca website...anyone else only finding that flights are NOT direct flights? Westjet Vacations seems to be the worst culprit. I didn't think packages had connections in prime winter months. It's frustrating when you find a good deal only to have to spend extra time traveling to get there/back.

212 AM at Rexall this morning. Had an issue getting the Rexall coupon to scan, after much convincing I got him to enter it manually and it worked no problem.

Is it sad how excited I am for tomorrow - our dates will open up for flights for next August, I'll be doing my very first Airmiles redemption!! First flights, then I'll order our Disney tickets. It'll be weird having my AM balance go down instead of up, but this is what I've been saving for! Then just need to build back up for our Universal tickets, and then anything else I get is gravy - maybe Blue Man group, or MNSSHP, or DAH, so many options once the big 3 items are taken care of!!

Just back from Rexall. Two transactions just over $110 got 404AM. Everything else this week AM wise is gravy.

I do have to do Sobeys >$125.00 and I will get 100AM for spending $100 60AM loaded offer for spend $125 and 80AM Airmiles promotion for spending $200 at Sobeys before Oct 13. Happy Thanksgiving to me!

Great. Glad to see it's working. I just checked the airmiles app coupon and it says 50 am for $100 spend instead of 100am for $50 spend so I wasn't sure if this was going to be a difficult week. Off to go give it a try.

I came back from Rexall. Spent $51.41 pre-tax and received 2 base plus 200 miles from both coupons.

Also, I caved and went to Sobey's. I ended up purchasing $1,000 gift cards and immediately converted $500 into five $100 Shell gift cards with my groceries. 500 miles earned, plus a few bonues ones with my groceries.

They don't carry the $100 gift cards at the gift card stand. I asked Customer Service for them and felt like I was starting to get the run-around. She said they'd be at the rack. I said no, there were only two $25 and I wanted the $100 as $25 doesn't even pay for a tank of gas these days. I know they are normally kept at Customer Service counter and asked her to look inside. She looked and said there were none. I had to ask her to open the gift card stand then and check inside. She had to call for permission. Seriously? Anyways, they were in there and I did get five of them. I don't understand why it had to be made so difficult though.

Great. Glad to see it's working. I just checked the airmiles app coupon and it says 50 am for $100 spend instead of 100am for $50 spend so I wasn't sure if this was going to be a difficult week. Off to go give it a try.
wow! I didn't even notice that slip up on their part! That's the barcode I had scanned and it worked fine for the 100 miles btw. I had trouble getting to my $50 threshold because I still refuse to spend more for something than I know I can pay in a week's time. Three of the items I have on my running list aren't on sale so they didn't go in my basket. Took longer but I just squeaked past.

I didn't click on the Airmiles app coupon. I used 2 paper copies. I couldn't see the bar code on the app and I didn't want it to over ride my spend $50 get 100AM. Just looked up app coupon has 41700005257 as bar code. Same bar code as spend $50 get 100AM paper coupon. I think this is just a typo on their part as I spent $50 and did get my 100AM when I used this code (paper form)

I Finally got a targeted offer for fresh produce at Sobeys====YEAH!!
spend $15.00 get 15 airmiles.

Good haul at Rexall today,,all stocked up on paper products/bleach and M&M's
(had a single serve Chicken Lasagna for lunch/dinner and it tasted good).
3x $50.00 spend = 606 airmiles.

Hugs
Mel
Apparantly I'm going to Rexall tomorrow!

The day that I had to order something I only got 2x on the game and the next day I got 5x but my item was only on sale until the first day so at least I got 2x.
Edited to add Ticketmaster shop.
So I just realized that Ticketmaster is an airmiles shop so now I will wait and see if I can get a good times multiplier before I order my tickets for the event I am going to see. The seats that I want have been there for a while yet so I think that they won't go away before I get to order them. Bonus - fingers crossed for a good multiplier soon. Total seat cost will be $495 so base will be 24 air miles.
So I was so excited today that I got 7x on the Mountain of miles today so I went to bite the bullet and buy my tickets from Ticketmaster. I have always bought these yearly play tickets through Ticketmaster and imagine my dismay today when I went to buy them and this year they are available from Ticketking instead. >:(
I think that the theatre has been taken over by somebody else who only uses Ticketking so any event in there has to use Ticketking. Oh well there goes my bonus airmiles. :sad:

Had a big night at Rexall tonight. Used the coupons from https://www.gethealthysavings.ca/ on already-discounted Advil products so big savings there, spent increments of $50 on shaving cream (the two-pack for $6), deoderant ($2.49), toilet paper, Lysol, hygiene products, and a couple other items. Also completed a fill 3 times with 25L for 100 miles offer from Shell. No trouble with any of the coupons and the cashiers were incredibly helpful. Just a note to thank you all for the tips and advice. You're really wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!