Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My Sobeys at 8:30am this morning was having issues with Blue Friday items and were checking everyone's receipt and making things right. I had no problems, coffee, yogurt, perogies, Quaker bars so I assume it is all up and running now but just a heads up.

I'm doing a second run to Foodland later hopefully, had to get back home to handle calls.

Last edited:
Not sure now if I will bother with the Blue Friday, looking at my list it's a lot of stuff we don't NEED and that I can get cheaper elsewhere. I may still go, we'll see I guess. Between this and the difficult STB my AM hunting is on a downturn, though I did manage to get to Onyx this year I'm questioning next year. Hopefully things will improve.

I forgot to pack a lunch because I headed to Safeway early before work. Now I'm sitting here thinking of the all the Rolo icecream sitting in the freezer here at my office...or the lays chips in my vehicle.... :lmao:

Now I'll impatiently wait for my miles to post next week so I can order our last two tickets we need for our trip!

Ice cream for lunch sounds great to me :)

:sad: I lost my Blue Friday receipt! I know that I spent $159 and the cashier commented on the fact that I got over 500AM, but I can't find it to check/revel in my shop. I do know that the store didn't carry a few things that were on my list (butter top buns, Miracle Whip) but everything had airmiles (even my tea had 2 AND was 20% off) so I am pleased. I just wanted to look everything over. The only thing I can figure out is that it blew out of the bag when I put it in the car. And, with that shop, I have more than hit the lowest BMO :thumbsup2

Have a list for Blue Friday... DH plans to.stock up at the liquor store with the "$300/400 AM promo...
He is all excited, haha. At least if I send him to the liquor store he is happily able to rack up the AM without causing confusion as I count out my lists and items and totals for groceries!
What is the liquor store promo? I missed that one!

So I just live chatted with Air Miles and was told they can't award any missing points this week and have been told to wait until next Thursday to make sure that points aren't double posted. I said that is dumb (in nice terms) as I said I really don't think anybody is going to go back and check and say oops we made a mistake we better fix this person account but she was adamant so I will wait for next week. She is of the mind that my missing 250 air miles will appear in my account. We will wait and see.

That's a crock of you-know-what. Don't bother with live chat. If you have facebook messenger, send a message to Air Miles Canada through them. You'll end up giving all the same info, etc., but any time I've messaged them for missing promo miles through messenger, they've put them in my account right away.

Did a Sobey's shop this afternoon with a friend. I spent $108.20 pre-tax and ended up with 390 miles.

I bought:
- chicken wings (and put them in the fridge for tomorrow)
- 4 packages of chips and got a free 12 pack of cherry pepsi, plus .75 cents off for 1 package being a poppable (coupon) chips put aside for Christmas
- 8 VH sauces
-2 packages of the boursin cranberry cheese (put aside for Christmas)

Other non mile products (jalaphino cheese whiz, nestle chocolate milk mix, cumin, cheese). I would have purchased the large cheese whiz containers if they were Jalapino but they weren't, so no air miles on those.

STB coupon stacked on everything!

This is a great idea but a lot of unnecessary work. When I log into my account and go into the chat, they are able to see my entire account including all transactions. When I was on the chat last night, I just told them the dates of my transactions in July and she was able to look up all the details herself to verify. I didn’t have to provide much info in the chat screen.
Yes, they can see all your info but not all of them will accept what they see. My friend 'Marie' wants you to give her all your info that she can already see plus a pint of blood and your next born child.

Just back from Blue Friday Shopping. I actually hit the 100.00 mark. I didn't think I would...and the cashier scanned the 100 Am for 100.00 without me even asking ( not all of them do ) But I was fiddling with some of the cereal and moving boxes around as I donated a couple of boxes and wanted them all in the same bag, and I didn't get her to scan my shop the block coupon :sad: I still got 525 in todays shop. And I didn't have to try to change anything to hit the 100.00 mark. That was just a fluke. But I'll take it. So with the christmas in july, shell fill up and Blue Firday this week's total for AM is 588. I'll take that!!!!!! That doesn't happy often for me.

Email from BMO
it is a opt in targeted email for spend $200.00 through the airmiles shop at Amazon between Nov 29-Dec 2
and get 100 bonus airmiles.

This was the interesting part at the end of the email!
You can also get 20x the Miles when you shop through airmilesshops.ca from November 29 to December 1, 2019.3 Plus, stay tuned for an amazing Cyber Monday offer too!

Last edited:
my toddler ended up getting sick last night, so my blue friday plans changed. instead of 2 50$ shops at sobeys, which would mean driving to another area of town, i did one 100$ shop at safeway (we can just walk and pile groceries in the stroller). i ended up with rain checks for a couple things that were already sold out. i was shy of 100$ and too tired to look for more, so i got one of the prepackaged food bank donations to get over 100.

but all in all i spent 102$ and earned 410 miles. not too shabby.

Pretty successful day here as well, morning was Sobeys spent $93 and earned 562 airmiles.

Afternoon daughter decided to "come for the ride" which makes it a great day regardless but I immediately took two stops off my list.

Shell, STB finally went through, gas station advertised the GTA 50am for 4 fillups starting today but no mention of it on the receipt. Just checked and the gas station I was at is outside GTA so didn't qualify, no surprise there but no idea why the all signs then.

Foodland, STB wouldn't scan through so cashier entered it manually and it came up as Marketing Promo code 6 but no mention of STB. Went back into store and no one could help me, they said they really don't know how these promos work. At second look at receipt at home I didn't receive base miles either so it hopefully was a system problem that will fix itself. Blue Friday and personal offers seemed to have credited fine. Spent $52, earned 207, missing 10 and STB "checkmark".

Metro, picked up 3 readytogo chickens which qualified for the STB catering coupon, spent $27, earned 75 airmiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter