Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Finally Blue Friday! I'm going to scour the flyer and see if I can get two $100 orders. Hopefully my mom needs some stuff from there too!

PS, all you people talking election in these threads ....as someone who was working their butt off on a campaign, I rarely got on here. When I did escape the craziness and visited the disboards, I didn't want to see election talk!!! LOL. So next election...be quiet so I can escape to my happy place!!! :rotfl:

Now I can concentrate on important things in life, like collecting air miles for Disney trips!

Finally Blue Friday! I'm going to scour the flyer and see if I can get two $100 orders. Hopefully my mom needs some stuff from there too!

PS, all you people talking election in these threads ....as someone who was working their butt off on a campaign, I rarely got on here. When I did escape the craziness and visited the disboards, I didn't want to see election talk!!! LOL. So next election...be quiet so I can escape to my happy place!!! :rotfl:

Now I can concentrate on important things in life, like collecting air miles for Disney trips!
No election talk, just getting people to vote. And thank you for helping all of us with a very important job.

My luck getting Airmiles has been terrible since moving to Northern Ontario. No Sobeys here, but I think I'll stop at Foodland and stock up on Cheerios. $2.99 each and 100 am when you buy 5 isn't bad. Does anyone know if Foodland takes American Express?

I'm also trying to decide if I should place an order from Etsy now (with a 5x multiplier from the Mountain of Miles promo), or wait and see if something better comes up soon. I need to order some stuff for my son's and baby's room.

I am struggling with my Blue Friday list,,,
They increased the amount for my Cinnamon buns (now x2 instead of 1) and lowered the airmiles earned.
Braided strudel is also now buy *double* the usual amount to get the points.
I've already stocked up on Lysol wipes last week,repeat airmiles deal.
I've already stocked up on dish tablets,repeat airmiles deal.
The cereal at Sobeys is priced too high for me,,and Jumbo size is too big (6.99 x 3=20.97)
The last time they had OLYMel bacon it was all fat not meat :(
Other stores have the Frito lay bags of salty snacks on for 4.99-5.99
The coke and dasani water =lowered airmiles earned from previous Blue Fridays,,down to 30 from 50

I might sit this one out.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Yes and they are the mini -coke bottles .. it’s my only vice I need big bottles. And last time it included Gatorade..

QUOTE="bababear_50, post: 61200836, member: 138340"]
They increased the amount for my Cinnamon buns (now x2 instead of 1) and lowered the airmiles earned.
The cereal at Sobeys is priced too high for me,,and Jumbo size is too big (6.99 x 3=20.97)
The coke and dasani water =lowered airmiles earned from previous Blue Fridays,,down to 30 from 50

Hugs
Mel
[/QUOTE]

Hugs
Mel
I was thinking all the same things. I'll take a second look at it tomorrow but I think I'm out.....and of course I have nearly $200 in Sobeys gift cards waiting to be used. I was really hoping for the frozen Prime Chicken again.

Now I'm just waiting to find out if anyone has a $-value on the 6050AM flex tickets. I'd love to think it's between $500-600, but the previous tickets were worth more in the summer and they were only worth $469 I believe.

We are headed down to WDW on November 25 and I will be upgrading our AM tickets to APs. We will be upgrading a 7 day flex ticket redeemed for 6400 AM on 2019-05-04 and a 5 day flex ticket redeemed for 5995 AM on 2019-06-12. Based on the information on the back of the tickets, both of these tickets were obtained from WDW on 2019-03-22, therefore they should be valued at the current rates. I am hoping for $627.29 for the 7 day and $611.31 for the 5 day. I will report back after we have upgraded as to the value given by WDW. However, whatever value is assigned by WDW will still mean that my out of pocket costs for our APs is less than if I didn't have the AM and we make it a point to only buy products that we normally would have.

Hey happy Thursday morning. I just got off a 12 hour nightshirt so I couldn't post last night but Foodland still has the buy 3 Timmy's bottle caps get 20 air miles. pretty good for about 7 or 8 bucks.
And anyone near Kitchener Costco may want to stop in the Shell just off the 401. I stopped in last night before going into work and the 5X I got my 25 liters of gas and saw the big sign said 100 AM when you get $25 in car washes. I had to ask and sure enough it is so I got 2 ultimates. With my gas which I rounded to $30 it cost me about $61.70 and got 5AM for gas, 2 AM for in store purchase and 100 AM for 2 car washes total 107 AM.
This does go against everything I stand for and believe in, aka, I take pride in having the dirtiest car at work, but I'm determined to get my gold status again so I'm off to get another 4 car washes tonight or tomorrow.

Minor vent here. Today I got the print Recall flyer in my local newspaper. All good, except for the fact that it's the first time this month that I got the print flyer. Call me old school, but I still prefer the print fliers for making all my shopping lists. Vent off. Continue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter