Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hi Hon
I would go tomorrow,,,also I would give airmiles CHAT a try.

I just did a Chat,,,requesting how long before my Christmas in July promo airmiles would take to post--yep probably 120 days --close to the actual Christmas!!

I just spent quite a while expressing my views on the whole airmiles program,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:(:(:mad:
While I'm sure they are trained to just listen...... I do hope they pass along my concerns.
1. airmiles drought..on.and ....on and ..........on!!!
2. length of time for promos to post but if someone goes on Facebook or Twitter the points magically appear in the person's account.(double standards).
3. How much cheerios,oatmeal,yogurt can a person buy??
4. Inconsistent Blue Fridays in Ontario
5. Cash registers not automatically adding airmiles
6. Load N Go same products for Rexall for months on end.
Ok I wasn't really doing CHAT I was Venting but atleast I had my say and feel better.
Hope today is a bright better one for you.
Hugs
Mel
YUP!
I just had to chase down 103 miles from an online promo for booking any travel from May 14 - 31, they had 75 days to post it -- WHY can't they do their job! AND OMG, Rexall offers are NOT targeted nor do they change, like EVER!! Why don't promos start on the dot of 00:00:01 on the day they launch at EVERY.SINGLE.STORE. without someone needing to point it out??!?!

Update to my dietary issues and our January trip -- I just got an email from my favourite chef at The Wave asking what types of food I'll be wanting to eat 😍 Some people go for the rides & to meet the characters but for me? It's all about the food & the angels who create things that are not only safe for me but tasty as well! He promised to forward me his schedule as soon as he has it -- asked for our dates. I can tell you all because I don't think any of you will track down my actual address and rob us blind (hubby is neurotic about blasting this on social media 🤫) EXACTLY 5 months from now we should be already checked into our room and heading to Disney Springs

AND to bring this back to AM, I'm hoping to take my Sobey's gift cards ( i still have some left from last promo) and swap them for Disney cards when I'm in Toronto tomorrow, wish me luck!

Hi Hon
I would go tomorrow,,,also I would give airmiles CHAT a try.

I just did a Chat,,,requesting how long before my Christmas in July promo airmiles would take to post--yep probably 120 days --close to the actual Christmas!!

I just spent quite a while expressing my views on the whole airmiles program,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:(:(:mad:
While I'm sure they are trained to just listen...... I do hope they pass along my concerns.
1. airmiles drought..on.and ....on and ..........on!!!
2. length of time for promos to post but if someone goes on Facebook or Twitter the points magically appear in the person's account.(double standards).
3. How much cheerios,oatmeal,yogurt can a person buy??
4. Inconsistent Blue Fridays in Ontario
5. Cash registers not automatically adding airmiles
6. Load N Go same products for Rexall for months on end.
Ok I wasn't really doing CHAT I was Venting but atleast I had my say and feel better.
Hope today is a bright better one for you.
Hugs
Mel

Yep, Christmas in July is not so merry. I did 3 orders:

1) HBC- hbc converted points and AM shops posted ✅
2) Staples - 1 AM from Staples posted, that’s it 😐
3) DSW - nothing has posted 🙁

Update to my dietary issues and our January trip -- I just got an email from my favourite chef at The Wave asking what types of food I'll be wanting to eat 😍 Some people go for the rides & to meet the characters but for me? It's all about the food & the angels who create things that are not only safe for me but tasty as well! He promised to forward me his schedule as soon as he has it -- asked for our dates. I can tell you all because I don't think any of you will track down my actual address and rob us blind (hubby is neurotic about blasting this on social media 🤫) EXACTLY 5 months from now we should be already checked into our room and heading to Disney Springs

AND to bring this back to AM, I'm hoping to take my Sobey's gift cards ( i still have some left from last promo) and swap them for Disney cards when I'm in Toronto tomorrow, wish me luck!

An aside:

I have a daughter that is both soy and dairy intolerant and we noticed a huge change in getting information between our trip last August (2018) and April/May (2019). We order groceries from Publix and supplement with quick serve (other than afternoon tea at the GF). Any time I asked for specifics about food ingredients, I had the manager there in seconds with a full list of what was in each item. Most of it they knew right away but they often showed up carrying a binder with all the details. This was both in the park and at the resorts.

I am happy to report AM success. It took a lot of talking.

I drove to Foodland (25min) spoke with the girl behind the counter. She called about it, and then gave me the standard 6-8 weeks answer. To which I then asked to speak with the front end manager. Girl called, manager came. I explained what had happened again. Same 6-8 weeks answer, then I went into my long winded explanation of their computer systems, how they work and how 6-8 weeks wouldn't resolve my problem.

The only solution would be for someone to go through each transaction report and see who had purchased GC before the computer patch was done and then manually add the AM for each of those peoples AM accounts. I told her it was not reasonable to expect that this would be done and that AM would simply wait for people to complain and then manually add them.

I told her that a friend (thanks @Disney Addicted ) had an issue and that the AM were posted manually right then. The front end manager then said she could do that for me. She still wanted to know how to properly deal with this situation, to which I replied that's an internal matter that you can figure out without me. End result, she gave me the missing miles. Now I just need to wait for them to post next week.

I was planning on doing 5 partners to get the 3 entries but I decided to heck with it 3 entries or 1 entry I'm not going to win anyway. Better to have my 200 AM.

If you're owed something people, stick with it. It eventually works out.

I'm glad you got your miles!! Yes, I feel if they promised me miles (or PC points) and I purchased their product, then they darn well owe me the miles/points!

Last year it took me a few months but eventually I hounded the people at Sobey's long enough that they finally gave me the extra 750 bonus miles for both my card and my husband's card. They couldn't very well deny the existence of the letter from head office when they showed it to me and we (the Cashiers and I) were all talking about it for a few weeks.

It's ridiculous the effort we have to put into getting miles promised.

I'm glad that you got your AM's! Donald, please feel better soon. Mel, Finn is a real beauty. All the stories about pets are so true. They always hold a special place in our hearts.
I am not worried about whether I get the Round Up done or not. I, too, am tired of tracking and chasing AM....especially at Rexall! I've decided to do WestJet in the winter, so my AM will likely be used for gifts, or maybe the tv that needs to be replaced! I did do the Foodland gift card. 1 card, $200, 200 AM.
:thumbsup2

Fellow Onyx Collectors...

You may remember last year me asking for help in purchasing tickets for the Festival of Wines here in Halifax. The 2 tickets were 1 mile, with collectors allowed to make 2 purchases.

The show tickets are going to be on sale starting this Friday morning at 10am. If you could log onto the air miles website around that time, I would really appreciate if you could try to get tickets for me again this year for the Friday and Saturday night shows (7pm).

I was able to take a few friends last year, give some to my folks, etc and everyone had a great time.

Thank you!

I've been logged on for awhile and still don't see them.
Anyone else having any luck?
Hugs Mel

Fellow Onyx Collectors...

You may remember last year me asking for help in purchasing tickets for the Festival of Wines here in Halifax. The 2 tickets were 1 mile, with collectors allowed to make 2 purchases.

The show tickets are going to be on sale starting this Friday morning at 10am. If you could log onto the air miles website around that time, I would really appreciate if you could try to get tickets for me again this year for the Friday and Saturday night shows (7pm).

I was able to take a few friends last year, give some to my folks, etc and everyone had a great time.

Thank you!

Have you gotten tickets yet? I looked online to get some for you, but I don’t see them. They’re either sold out, or I’m not looking in the right place.

I'm not sure where the other 10 miles came from. I only purchased gas. Back in the middle of July I received an offer that said 10 miles for each 25+ until the end of August if I opted in. I opted in (and have the screenshots!) but so far I have not received those 10 miles on any fill-ups. Maybe it finally worked. I keep my receipts and track them. So far Air Miles owes me 9 bonus miles x 7 fill-ups.

I got that offer too. Drove to NS from Ottawa, made a point of filling up at Shell whenever possible, and haven't seen any of the bonus miles post yet. I hope they eventually do, because I didn't bother with the receipts. I've had a few bad experiences with Air Miles posting lately, and really don't have the time or inclination to chase them, so I haven't been going much out of my way to collect them. I still need 900 miles to qualify for Onyx this year though, so I guess I'll have to pay attention at some point.

Slow AM week so I decided to compare this summer to last summer. July and August are slow for AM collecting when comparing 2018 to 2019 (promotions aside). A few AM here a few there not much in the way of a big score to report.

Gift cards in 2018, A&W (late July) and Harvery etc (Aug 16). We could be due to see that in next weeks flyer. Netflix (Aug 23).

Also of note I redeemed for the Wine Festival tickets Aug 24 so that may be out next week instead of this one (for those of you watching).

Slow AM week so I decided to compare this summer to last summer. July and August are slow for AM collecting when comparing 2018 to 2019 (promotions aside). A few AM here a few there not much in the way of a big score to report.

Gift cards in 2018, A&W (late July) and Harvery etc (Aug 16). We could be due to see that in next weeks flyer. Netflix (Aug 23).

Also of note I redeemed for the Wine Festival tickets Aug 24 so that may be out next week instead of this one (for those of you watching).
I am not sure if they will have the same offers this year. Last year there was the Wonderland offer and it’s still not out yet. I was looking forward to that.

I am not sure if they will have the same offers this year. Last year there was the Wonderland offer and it’s still not out yet. I was looking forward to that.
I too was looking forward to them as well as the CNE tickets and neither were offered.

Dang!!
I need some advice
I made an online purchase via the airmiles portal because (Newegg)
1566011373157.png
1. I wanted the airmiles
2. the product was cheaper there than on amazon.ca

So the total was $109.09 with tax.
But when I check my bank account it has come through as two orders
$97.79 and $11.30......so am I going to lose out on the airmiles because it wasn't a 100.00 transaction?
Anyone have experience with Newegg?
Thanks Mel

It was a single transaction and $100.00 before taxes.,,atleast it was when I hit the buy button....
50 bonus ( airmiles roundup)
5 bonus airmiles (1 for every $20.00 spend)

conair spa $93.13 free shipping
Egyptian Jasmine Aroma Oil 10ml Bottle By Goloka $5.00
Fresh Mint Aroma Oil 10ml Bottle By Goloka $5.00
(Both free standard shipping)

Last edited:
that should be fine, if you do end up needing to chase it down all they care about is the subtotal before tax and shipping. Check the email confirmation for the order total, we've ordered from newegg a lot and haven't had any issues with either the miles posting or the products. Delivery is usually pretty quick as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!