Airline From Philly to Hawaii That Doesn’t Have TOO MANY Layovers and is Wheelchair-Friendly?

Groot

I am Groot
I’m planning on going to Hawaii next year and need to know what airline has the fewest layovers (Wouldn’t mind spending the night in California and finishing up the flying to Hawaii the next day) and is the most handicap-friendly in regards to handling wheelchairs on the plane. (I’ve heard horror stories and videos where the grounds crew destroyed one person’s $50,000 powerchair and don’t want that to happen to me.)

I’ve been playing with different bookings and airlines and got different prices, travel times, etc. and idk which one is the best.

Thx for any help.

Your options for flying to Hawaii from Philadelphia will be to do so with one layover or two assuming you're going to Oahu. I would suggest going with the airline that has the price, times, and layovers you want. I exclusively fly Delta because I have frequent flyer miles with them; however, I've also flown American, United, and Southwest over the years. It's not clear from your post whether you will be using your own wheelchair to navigate the airport and gate checking it when you get on the plane or will be relying on their wheelchair service. If it is the former, unfortunately no one can guarantee that workers will treat it with the care it deserves.

It's not what you were asking for exactly but if you don't mind flying out of Newark, NJ, United has non stop flights to HNL.
:thumbsup2

Your options for flying to Hawaii from Philadelphia will be to do so with one layover or two assuming you're going to Oahu. I would suggest going with the airline that has the price, times, and layovers you want. I exclusively fly Delta because I have frequent flyer miles with them; however, I've also flown American, United, and Southwest over the years. It's not clear from your post whether you will be using your own wheelchair to navigate the airport and gate checking it when you get on the plane or will be relying on their wheelchair service. If it is the former, unfortunately no one can guarantee that workers will treat it with the care it deserves.
Yeah, I’ll be taking my own chair. It ain’t a heavy 300 pound traditional powerchair, it’s one of those 50 pound folding chairs. (See pic below). I’m hoping that whatever airline we end up going on, they have a closet onboard that I can put my chair in instead of stowing it underneath with all the other luggage.20F8F2D0-65CF-49F5-99F7-BBD4DCD399E4.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter