Airfare

Nikisha421

i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disne
Hi All,

I have a question or two about aifare...when you booked your airfare directly through ABD is the total airfare due at time of booking or did the deposit still remain at the same?

Have you found it easier to book airfare on your own (meaning were the prices comparable when booking on your own to when it was directly booked through ABD)?

If your trip was cancelled...did you like the way the rebooking of the airfare was handled (wheather it was directly or indirectly booked through ABD)?

Thanks so much for your time...as I am making my final decisions on my first ABD reservation!:thumbsup2

Hi All,

I have a question or two about aifare...when you booked your airfare directly through ABD is the total airfare due at time of booking or did the deposit still remain at the same?

Have you found it easier to book airfare on your own (meaning were the prices comparable when booking on your own to when it was directly booked through ABD)?

If your trip was cancelled...did you like the way the rebooking of the airfare was handled (wheather it was directly or indirectly booked through ABD)?

Thanks so much for your time...as I am making my final decisions on my first ABD reservation!:thumbsup2

When you book airfare through Disney, you have to pay the entiire fare. So that would be added to your desposit. But you don't have to book both at the same time. You can book your trip and still book your airfare with ABD at a later time, if you're not ready or you think fares may improve.

I checked out fares before hand on both of my trips and knew which ones I wanted before I called ABD. They booked them for me just as easily as if I had done it myself, with the added advantage that if something changes they will handle it for me. Also, if you book far in advance, you don't have to keep checking with the airline to see if something has changed. If the flight number, schedule, etc. changes, ABD notifies you. But I would definitely do my research before hand. The first time I booked with them, they suggested a flight that was the same price as the one I was planning on, but the schedule was wacky.

My trip was cancelled this year, but I hadn't booked the airfare yet, so I can't answer that question from personal experience. I have to think it would be much easier to have you flight rescheduled if you booked it through ABD.

We did South Africa this year. We booked the air through Disney in case they cancelled. They told us they would be responcible for the money if they cancelled the trip. They would try to find you another trip and rebook your air, but you wouldn't have to pay any extra fees.
We did not get cancelled, but our flights were cancelled by the airline, and like any good travel agent, Disney worked with us to pick new flights and rebook.
Originally, we picked the flights and Disney booked them.

For our previous trips, we booked ourselves, since the prices on discount websites were significantly less, but Disney could not use those discount websites.

Hi All,

I booked my own as I used miles for the flight, my trip was cancelled and I took a different trip and ABD did pa the change fees even though I booked my own airfare.

Hi All,

This may not apply to you, but if you have a Disney Rewards Visa, airfare booked through ABD shows up as a "Disney" charge and is eligible for 6 month 0% financing.

This may not apply to you, but if you have a Disney Rewards Visa, airfare booked through ABD shows up as a "Disney" charge and is eligible for 6 month 0% financing.
This doesn't neccesarily apply to me...but thank you...and I am sure someone else that is reading this thread will find it useful!

This doesn't neccesarily apply to me...but thank you...and I am sure someone else that is reading this thread will find it useful!

When you book airfare through Disney, you have to pay the entiire fare. So that would be added to your desposit. But you don't have to book both at the same time. You can book your trip and still book your airfare with ABD at a later time, if you're not ready or you think fares may improve.

I checked out fares before hand on both of my trips and knew which ones I wanted before I called ABD. They booked them for me just as easily as if I had done it myself, with the added advantage that if something changes they will handle it for me. Also, if you book far in advance, you don't have to keep checking with the airline to see if something has changed. If the flight number, schedule, etc. changes, ABD notifies you. But I would definitely do my research before hand. The first time I booked with them, they suggested a flight that was the same price as the one I was planning on, but the schedule was wacky.

My trip was cancelled this year, but I hadn't booked the airfare yet, so I can't answer that question from personal experience. I have to think it would be much easier to have you flight rescheduled if you booked it through ABD.

We did South Africa this year. We booked the air through Disney in case they cancelled. They told us they would be responcible for the money if they cancelled the trip. They would try to find you another trip and rebook your air, but you wouldn't have to pay any extra fees.
We did not get cancelled, but our flights were cancelled by the airline, and like any good travel agent, Disney worked with us to pick new flights and rebook.
Originally, we picked the flights and Disney booked them.

For our previous trips, we booked ourselves, since the prices on discount websites were significantly less, but Disney could not use those discount websites.

I booked my own as I used miles for the flight, my trip was cancelled and I took a different trip and ABD did pa the change fees even though I booked my own airfare.

THANK YOU ALL THIS WAS SURELY ALL THE INFO THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR:yay:

This is just the info I've been thinking about looking, and here it is. I love it here! :lovestruc That Disney Visa is good info to have. :grouphug:

For my original tour (Canadian Rockies) I booked the airfare myself.

When ABD canceled my tour, and I re-scheduled to the Alaska tour, I re-booked the airfare through ABD (it was WAY easier that way). If I had wanted, I could have done the re-booking myself, and ABD would have credited me for the amount it cost to re-book. But since I let them handle it, the extra costs were transparent to me.

I do like that ABD notify you whenever something changes on the flight, so I don't have to do that myself. I had to re-do my seat assignments on one leg because they changed the aircraft, and it was no problem doing that after ABD notified me.

They worked directly with me on the re-booking and got exactly the flights I wanted, for the price I could have gotten them for myself (although at this point, the price was immaterial to me).

Hope that helps.
Sayhello

This is just the info I've been thinking about looking, and here it is. I love it here! :lovestruc That Disney Visa is good info to have. :grouphug:

yeah and apparently the new Chase Disney Debit Card comes out tomorrow or is available to the public tomorrow.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter