"Airfare roulette" from NYC

I am constantly looking at NYC-MCO airfares and my general experience has been w/r/t Delta direct

IMHO, $213.80-$233.80 is pretty standard lowest price range when you're booking more than 6 months out. An unpopular flight will sometimes prices out lower, but not for very long. I have yet to see consistent offers for tix under $200.
Right after 6 month window, the lowest prices tend to jump to $283.80-$298.80, but is often more like $351.80 as a typical price.

I haven't done as much booking 3 months out, so I have no observations for that window.

But I think that the prices you're looking at are on the lower end of the range, but typical for 6+ months out.

I've generally not looked into JetBlue b/c I hate going out to JFK, but they price themselves close to Delta for the most part.

If you get the Delta Amex, 1st bag checked free for you and your family, up to 4 bags in total, traveling on same itinerary. Annual fee is waived first year, but if you fly Delta just once a year, you may be able to justify $95 Annual Fee with the free bag privilege alone.

HTH!

Have you checked SWA out of ISP? You get 2 bags free. I don't know which days you are flying. But checking their low fare calendar they have flights for $109 or $119 most days in May.

Doing a 7 night cruise out of Orlando in May 2014. Just wanted to fly in on Friday night and return to EWR right after the cruise on Saturday.
I booked oneway outbound on JetBlue for $115.40 each or $230.80 as soon as JB released their flights (had a $20 credit to use up).
I've been watching the return fares go up and up, of course the cheaper flights are before 8AM or after 7PM. I just caved in and booked United for $155.90 each or $311.80 on the 3:30PM flight (also had a $20 travel balance to use up), so my RT total for preferred flight times was $271.80 which is a little higher than I usually pay from EWR to MCO but wanted the prefered times. Its such a game, and I am tired of playing the game.
Michele

JetBlue will also credit a JetBlue cash bank for you if the fare drops. You can use that credit for future flights.

Look at different airports. EWR, LGA, JFK, PHL, TTN, Atlantic City... The last two I believe still offer free parking, which is something to consider.
Bolding is mine, no they don't anymore.... Both charge for parking, though less then the big airports......

It's like my DSis - "I got tickets for $79 round trip before..." (EWR-MCO Jet Blue) I keep telling her that those days are long over...

Her last trip she caved and drove...

We fly out of EWR to MCO. I will tell you in our experience the loser price has been about 3 wks after they are released. Then they fluctuate up from there and occasionally get close to the price we paid but have yet to go below. They might if you wanted to wait until a couple weeks before but we do Not want that.

We got rt ewr to Mco in May for $224 pp by changing our dates to fly on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Just an idea for you. We only fly united though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter