Airfare Blues

epcotized

Mouseketeer
Is it just that I am searching wrong or are others finding airfares a lot more expensive in general? The best prices from Hartford or Providence in October seem to be almost double what I found at this time two years ago. Would this be due to Galaxy's Edge?

What dates?
How many people?
Which airline(s)?
Non-stop or connecting?N
Specific time?

Aside from an overall increase in airfares and fees, any of all these can affect fares.

I've found airfares in October have been higher in recent years. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW and Universal's Halloween Horror Nights have definitely upped park attendance during the month of October. A lot of people also will travel over Columbus Day Weekend in order to take less vacation/out of school time. I'm sure the opening of Galaxy's Edge isn't helping either.

Lately I've been finding airfare doesn't seem to be dropping until 6-8 weeks prior to the trip. It may be that you're just looking too early.

Since fall has become the new summer at WDW, it makes sense that fall airfares to Orlando would rise accordingly. I haven't seen unusual fare increases for other times of year.

We're flying to Orlando in August. We'll be back he before star wars opens. I was watching airfare for months and it was never good. I booked June 14 for August 10, and paid more than we paid to fly at Thanksgiving last year. We might have been able to save if we flew mid week, but prices were still significantly higher than previous summers.

I've found flying from LGA to MCO to be outrageously priced for the last several years. ~$2500 to fly 5 people direct on JetBlue/Delta/AA for a summer trip. I remember in the mid 00's my wife and I flying down on Delta Song for $99 each.

Now we just drive down.

Just be patient. I'm going out of Hartford end of September and prices are starting to drop. If the plane isn't full then don't worry about it. The sweet spot for buying is coming up for you. I'd just keep checking

Last edited:
Economy is good, people have more money to spend on luxuries like air travel and theme parks, couple that with the Max 8 being grounded and prices have to go up. Prices will continue to go up as long as they are filling the planes.

We just booked Jetblue out of Hartford for late September. We usually fly Southwest, but they don't have nearly as many nonstops as they used to and they're almost twice as expensive as the Jetblue flights for the same dates. Jetblue had pretty much exactly the times I wanted for nonstop flights and was only about $300 roundtrip, which isn't horrendous.

Max 8 having an effect seems to make sense. I haven't used Jetblue before but will look into it. Thanks.

Not sure where you are located but JetBlue has a daily flight out of Worcester MA. We have also gotten better prices flying into Tampa.

We had been pricing or leaving around Easter and April vacation for the last 3 years round trip from Logan. Always was max $1500 for 3. This year prices started at $2800 and were closer to $3200 last I looked. Hopper keeps adjusting its estimate higher daily on how low the price will drop.
We are probably going to end up going round trip from Portland ME. Those flights are ~ $1300 in comparison for all 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter