• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air your grievances!

What should I do?

• A) Pull out Payroll guy's still beatin heart from his chest Temple of Doom Style

• Say March 31st is acceptable but I'm expecting interest to be accrued.

• Contact the superior and ask for my check immediately

• B and C

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matt@WDWR

Mouseketeer
Okay I know Festivus is way behind us but man I need to gripe.

I get paid once a month which while annoying I have gotten use to. Well last month my paycheck was probably 500 less after taxes. So on February 28, I emailed the payroll department about this. Unforutunately, we were on vacation the next week so I didn't get a response. I resent the message on March 7th. No response. Today I get really ticked off and finally go over his head to his superior and I finally get a response back. Duh, they messed up.

Then the payroll moron sends me an email that I'll get my money I'm owed on March 31st, the next pay day. Okay I haven't decided what my response should be. Should it be:

After you vote in the poll, please air your grievances. I will be happy to complain about your misery too!

Sorry for the surly mood today!

Dang now I am angry because I screwed up the poll. LOL I forgot the letters and choice C should say Both A and C. haha dang I'm angry.

oooohhhh, I feel your pain! They used to do stuff like that at my workplace ALL THE TIME last year....it drove us NUTS!! :sad2: They have been pretty good so far this year (knock on wood....)

Since the poll is not right, I'll just put my vote here:

I vote to pull out his heart and ask for the check immediately.

Make sure you show him his heart until he drops though!!!!

J/K, I would ask for it; you shouldn't have to suffer for their incompetence. Good luck.

tell him it was their mistake, they should cover the cost of cutting an out of cycle check.

I get paid once a month too, but I am also in charge of payroll. The company owes you interest for the amount of money they owe you, since they have either been spending or investing your $500 throughout the month of March (and it is your $500 -- it was yours at the end of Feb. even though it wasn't in your hands yet) And I wouldn't bother to deal with anybody other than the supervisor given the payroll dept's track record.

Normally I'd try to be positive here...but I'm REALLY mad at my work today, too, so I'll participate in the surliness...

Okay so I process health insurance claims for a living, I process the claims and calculate what the doctor's office gets paid and that sort of thing.

So we have this certain type of claim that is toward the end of the cycle for a claim. The quota for this type of claim is 21 an hour. On Friday, a list was assigned, with 719 claims on it, and I was told that this was to be complete by the end of the day Tuesday...

Now, if you divide 719 claims by 21 claims an hour, that's about 34 hours of work. HOWEVER, we were only given 4 hours on Friday, 8 on Monday, and 8 on Tuesday to get this done. They said we could work on it as overtime over the weekend, but it wasn't mandatory, and I had some things going on that made it unable for me to work overtime. so, basically we were given 20 hours to do 34 hours worth of work. Some of us work faster than the quota, so I'm not sure if they were relying on that.

Well today, as expected, my part of the list was not done. I had about 100 claims left this morning.

MY BOSS WROTE ME UP FOR NOT COMPLETING IT BY THE DEADLINE!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I understand we have to stay by guidelines that are set, but when those guidelines are over the expectations to begin with, it seems really unfair to me..... :mad:

*whew* okay thanks for letting me vent. Still surly but feeling a little better!!!

I just went through this with a check owed to me. the person that deals with these checks had presidents day off, then took off a few more days. Now , they had the invoices the whole week before presidents week, and she knew she was taking extra time off. It takes her 2 min. to look them over and turn them into processing. When they did not show up I called and said, why did you not process these before you left, if you knew you were not going to be here. She said she meant to, but just did not get it done. I then asked her if the person that does her payroll goes on vacation or is sick, does that mean she does not get paid. Of course the answer was no. So I told her that I have bills coming out automatically out of that check. Since it was her mistake, they could pay any overdrafts that I get. The ckeck was issued the next day. It has been done correct since then. I swear, some people just to not think what their actions do to other people. Take it to the top. Tell them you want interest and for them to pay for any over drafts.

I have had to deal with late paycheques too (I work for a charity, so the people who do the pay aren't paid, so take their sweet time!)

I am happy to wait as long as I am in the financial position to do so, and it's not too common. I think you can forgive the one slip up if it won't impact you too much financially, but note it down in case they do it again.

I am going to post my greviance, maybe it will make me feel better.

I am getting divorced, my ex is a terrible controlling mean person- ok I can deal with that- but just as I was getting my head above water financially, my retainer for my lawyer ran out and I had to give her another $5000. All my emergency fund money. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I don't know how I am going to pay my taxes. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Ah, I guess it's only money- but it still was very upsetting. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Thanks for listening, it did help a little to get that off my back. :upsidedow

I am going to post my greviance, maybe it will make me feel better.

I am getting divorced, my ex is a terrible controlling mean person- ok I can deal with that- but just as I was getting my head above water financially, my retainer for my lawyer ran out and I had to give her another $5000. All my emergency fund money. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I don't know how I am going to pay my taxes. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Ah, I guess it's only money- but it still was very upsetting. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Thanks for listening, it did help a little to get that off my back. :upsidedow

:hug: It is only money, but I understand how badly money issues can really get to you and stress you out.

Hope your situation gets better soon :)

This has happened to me before and I just ask to speak to the payroll supervisor and tell them it is unacceptable and you would like a seperate check cut. They should be fine with this since they owe you the money.

You know, I never looked at my pay slip because it was always the same and I had direct deposit. After I started working in payroll, I check every single one of my pay slips. It's amazing how often payroll departments screw up.

I should know, I go from company to company updating or putting in new payroll systems.

I always get a good laugh out of some of these people - you'd be amazed at the number of executive (making over six figures) who will call and complain because their check is off by 3 cents after the systems are change.

Back to your issue, I would speak to the supervisor and tell them to cut you an off-cycle check. You are owed the money and $500 is a lot of money to wait another two weeks.

This reminds me of a place I worked at maybe 8 or 10 years ago. I was an administrative assistant there, so it'll give you some idea of how much I got paid. . . or rather how little!

We got paid weekly and actually got paper checks. One day the boss hands me my check and I open it - and swear to God it was for something ridiculous like $327,000!! So obviously not my check. I go over to the woman who handles our checks and jokingly say "Wow - I didn't realize I got a raise!" OBVIOUSLY joking. . . and she says to me "Don't even think about cashing this!" (DUH!) and says she'll have my check for me next payday. Um, not good enough. Granted - it was only a week, but when you have your budget set up a certain way . . .

I would pursue asking for a check to be manually written for this case. THEY made the mistake, not you. :headache:

Yesterday, I called the supervisor and told him what the payroll clerk said. I heard a loud sigh and then he said, "Oh you will have it today." Ha ha within an hour, the payroll clerk hand delivered my check with out a word spoken. I just said "Thank you" and went about my day. haha

Most companies realize the necessity of getting paid properly, and on time.

I remember during our Katrina event, our entire data center building got surrounded by water. The computers were running just fine, but AT&T (Bellsouth) eventually lost their data connections, and we eventually had to power the building down, due to water + electricity = shock.

We had a short time to get everything up and running (at a remote site 80 miles away), and to get out a payroll. Well, long story short, everyone got paid 80 hours of work. The problem? Some people actually worked less than 80 hours, some people worked WAY MORE than 80 hours, and some people worked 80 hours, but had extra hourly differential pay due.

Had this been a normal payroll, we would have had thousands of people rioting on the street. Since it was 2 weeks after Katrina, everyone was just happy to have money in the bank, even if it was not quite the right amount.

Having said alll of this, I always tell people to keep things in perspective. You did the right thing by going to the supervisor, since you were unhappy with the first result. However, had you gone the slash and burn route (or ripping out the still beating heart), you would have prevailed, but looked poorly upon by management. The key is to just keep things in perspective. You want to be "valued" as an employee in these trying times, and going "nuclear" could turn out to be a short term victory - sort of winning the battle, but losing the war.

just my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure most people realized that ripping out the heart was just a joke.

I think. hahaha

oh, I realized it, and upon re-reading, maybe my post was a little too serious.

I'm just trying to do anything I can to keep everyone on an even keel in these very trying times. With daily headlines about the economy or million dollar bonus idiots, it's difficult to keep a level head (even me).

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm always looking over my shoulder for the next round of layoffs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter