• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air tickets

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
As you can see from my signature we leave in about 2 months. We haven't purchased our air tickets yet. I am afraid that as soon as I do they will reduce the price. How much longer should I wait for them to reduce the prices?? I have never flown, so I have NO experience. So any help will be appreciated.

If it were me, I would be looking/buying. But that's just me.
Even though I have my tickets, sometimes for the heck of it I check on prices up until within a few weeks of when we leave.
I have seen where waiting until the last minute would make the airfares very high.
It's all just luck of the draw and a gamble, I think.
I bought our January air tickets last week. We were afraid if we go to war the fuel prices would soon raise considerably.

This is a tough question -
I was planning on waiting to get our tickets for our trip - but decided to buy them. We're going 10/19, I was hoping to wait until the first week of Sept to purchase (as opposed to Aug, this is for Amex billing reasons). Well, I decided to just get them in Aug and I'm glad I did, when I checked the airfaire again 1 week later, they went up $100 total, when I checked early Sept, they it would have cost me $150 more ($250 total)!!
Hope my little story helps in your decision making!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter