Air miles experts

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
Figured you guys are the experts got a what’s better question . I’ve been saving air miles for a bit to hopefully cover big kid and I going away for a couple days.
I was looking at air and can find flights for around $300. If I use air miles taxes are $150 each so basically we’d be paying for one persons sit alone in just taxes through air miles.
Is it better to just use air miles for hotels ?
Thanks in advance
T

I just used all my Dream miles for a one-way ticket from Toronto to Haneda, Japan, direct flight with $199 in taxes. I used 10125 AM for $993 as it was $1192 with taxes at Air Canada. If I use 95 miles as $10 conversion rate, I paid $1066 for $993. But I only have to pay $199 out of pocket for a one-way flight. I saved $993 to be used elsewhere on the trip and I am happy. I also used my miles on three one-way tickets from Vancouver back to Toronto for 8820 AM paying $205 for taxes. I tried to use AM for hotels but either they didn’t have the hotel I intended to book or the hotel had a better offer to book directly. I am very particular with where I am going to stay as I have certain amenities and travelling distance to sights in mind. At WDW, I usually stay onsite.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter