Air mattress in a villa?

ThreeBeans

Now with FOUR Beans
Evening everyone :hyper2:

We're head to SSR, 2 bedroom villa, this August. I was initially planning to ask for a rollaway to allow the youngest her own space and save myself from teen girl griping about bunking up, but I've learned they don't do those any more. (it's been a while since we last went!)

If I pack an air mattress and set it up, will SSR get its knickers in a twist? (on the trip will be me, husband, and two teens, two grade school aged kids and two preschoolers.)

:thanks:

We were also thinking of bringing an air mattress in case the 12 and 14 year old are finding it difficult to share the sofa bed. It really is a "Just in Case" thing. My thought was, since it takes less than 2 minutes to blow it up and to release the air we would simply store it in the closet or laundry room when we aren't using it. so it is out of the way. The only people in our room are the people who are registered to be there. so I am hoping that it will be a non issue

We use one on every trip so my teen niece & nephew don't have to share a bed. As long as your not using it to go over the max occupancy you will be fine.

Thanks for posting this question! What a great idea. We have a small pump and kid-sized mattresses from when we went camping last summer. I think I'll add that to the packing list.

We use one on every trip so my teen niece & nephew don't have to share a bed. As long as your not using it to go over the max occupancy you will be fine.
thank you! exactly what i needed to know :-) Definitely not going over occupancy, just trying to avoid the inevitable "MOM SHES ON MY SIDE OF THE BED!"

I just used a toddler air mattress at art of animation last week. No issues. Mosuekeeping even made up the sheets on the little bed each night !

We bring an air mattress to the all stars every trip, we just put the sheets on a chair and the mattress up against the wall during the day and then lay the mattress down at night. Works fine and no one has ever said a word.

We’ve brought an air mattress on several trips (all DVC, including SSR multiple times) to avoid my 2 oldest from sharing a bed, and nothing was ever said. The only problem is that no one wants to sleep on the air mattress so we have to alternate nights.

You can provide your own air mattress as long as you don't exceed occupancy limits. You'll also need your own sheets. DVC never provides cots or rollaways.

Have done this many times! I bring my own sheets but have never had a problem asking for an extra blanket and pillow. Like others have said, we just store it up against a wall during the day so it's not in anyone's way. I bought ours at Target pretty cheap, it came with the electric pump and really isn't that big/heavy. We fly with it and still have room for clothes and stuff in our suitcase. Have a great trip!

Evening everyone :hyper2:

We're head to SSR, 2 bedroom villa, this August. I was initially planning to ask for a rollaway to allow the youngest her own space and save myself from teen girl griping about bunking up, but I've learned they don't do those any more. (it's been a while since we last went!)

If I pack an air mattress and set it up, will SSR get its knickers in a twist? (on the trip will be me, husband, and two teens, two grade school aged kids and two preschoolers.)

:thanks:

Thanks for the question! We may do something like this at Old Key West. I was curious if Disney may care at all or not.

We just did it. They have cheap ones at walmart in twin size so they dont take much room up it was 10.00 for the twin and 8.00 for the pump.

Not an issue. We did this in an SSR one bedroom when we were a family of four so kids didn't have to share a bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter