Air arrangemts?

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
Is it better to book independently or through ABD?

We're booking independently. Our reason is that ABD doesn't use some airlines and is thus restricted in relation to routes and prices. (We will be leaving from Atlanta. British Airways has direct flights from ATL to London, for instance. The only flights ABD could book for us had us hopping all over the country for the same price. We would prefer direct flights if possible.)

Julie

We're not able to book our flights until 333 prior to departure.

Having ABD do it is easier but I agree with JulieWent....you are limited in choices.

On our flight back from Italy, we had a 4 hour layover in JFK that I felt was unnecessary.

I'll be checking flights independently.

Kevin

By the way Kevin, I think we might have found a week in August 2007 that would work for us for Southern Italy tour! Hopefully i will be contacting you in a few days or so to book! Just trying to gather some info first.

I'm booking independently, because I'm planning the cruise afterwards. APD couldn't help me with all the extra travelling. Something to consider if you want to travel elsewhere after your trip is over.

DisneyKevin said:
Hi MJGirl...

Dreams Unlimited Travel is offering a GREAT ship board credit promo for the Med Cruise and if you book your corresponding Adventure through us.. then the shipboard credit increases.

You can reach me at ABD@wdwinfo.com if interested in details.

Kevin

I appreciate that Kevin ... I only wish I spotted your posts sooner. I'm already booked through another site that gives me a credit as well. I've done so much shifting with the reservation, that I'm going to leave it as is. I will think of you next ABD, as I'm sure I'll want to go on more, especially if they go to Greece in the future.

I see you are going to London in October. I'm going in June/July, so I will let you know all the details!

Are you doing the cruise??? If not, look for my trip report! I can't wait. This will be my first big vacation, other than WDW, since I graduated University over 20 years ago. First time to Europe in over 25 years!

I've been having some problems, looking into airfare for the La Costa Bella trip next May. AbD doesn't seem to be able to offer me any flight itineraries that actually work within the confines of their own trip details (particularly the arrival time in Rome)! I'm watching the discount airfare sites for something that will be workable. Flying into Rome, but out of Naples, really makes it difficult to find something that will be tolerable. I either have to have an overnight stop in a foreign airport (no thanks) or multiple cities on the return trip. I'll pick the least of all evils, when it comes down to it and have my eye on a particular United/Lufthansa itinerary, but I think I'll wait a bit longer to see if any more flights open up.

I really would like to book through AbD, because when I did that this year for the London/Paris trip, it really made me feel like I had someone to turn to, if anything went wrong. I'd like to book through them again, but we'll see what happens. It's a shame they're not able to offer more flight options.

DisneyKevin said:
We're not able to book our flights until 333 prior to departure.

Having ABD do it is easier but I agree with JulieWent....you are limited in choices.

On our flight back from Italy, we had a 4 hour layover in JFK that I felt was unnecessary.

I'll be checking flights independently.

Kevin

I was checking flights myself and see that there is 4 hour layover in Jfk anyways listed on some of the Delta flights. Some have shorter layover. So i am wondering to have Abd to it or book it one myself. I cant recall which part has the layovers or both segments might. I might check other airlines to see if there is a difference. Directs flights might cost lot more.

MAGIX - you might want to consider a train from Naples to Rome and then fly back out of Rome. Usually RT is cheaper than leaving/arriving out of different airports. I believe that the train is about 2 1/2 hours.

Oh yes, I looked into the train. From the online information, it seems to be prohibitively expensive. I was hoping AbD would give in and transport us back to Rome the final evening, but no such luck.

The RailEurope website doesn't have summer rates yet, but the current ones are $36 2nd class and $56 First class.

Thanks for the info, ppiew. Only problem with that option is finding a flight out of Rome that allows enough time to get from the train terminal to the airport and check-in for an international flight. Best I'm finding so far allows only 1 hour for all of that. Mind you, this must also be a flight with an incoming leg that arrives by 3:00pm.

Could AbD make it more difficult?!?

Another suggestion would be to fly out of Rome the following day. Then you could take the train from Naples and wouldn't have the time/connection problems. We did this and it worked great! We actually stayed at an airport hotel (I think it was the Hilton - using Honors points!) The Rome airport really took a loooong time to check in - lots of walking etc. Just a thought.

I'm going on the Wyoming trip next August and the quotes for airfare seemed outrageous, one was $1200. I started watching and searching and was able to get tix for $450, so in my case the early booking discount covered the airfare :thumbsup2

Now all I have to do is pack :teeth:

puggymom said:
I'm going on the Wyoming trip next August and the quotes for airfare seemed outrageous, one was $1200. I started watching and searching and was able to get tix for $450, so in my case the early booking discount covered the airfare :thumbsup2

Now all I have to do is pack :teeth:
where did you find that airfare? I'm still searching for a good price. My price is starting out $1000 round trip for two. I'm hoping to drive it down a bit.

thanks

Another issue I'm finding for traveling to Wyoming JAC airport is the lack of nonstop flights for the days I'm needing to arrive. I could arrive a day early or stay a day later then the trip but I get no assisstance from Disney. This includes Disney providing us transportation to/from the airport.

HI computer Magic, when looking on my own it started over $800. Someone told me to check Thanksgiving weekend since most people are traveling you might find a deal. I checked the usual places and found these flights on Expeida on United. (I have a stop over in Denver as there is no direct flights from any NY area airport) I am flying in and out on the same days as the tour start and end dates. I arrive in Jackson at 3:52, ABD said they prefer you arrive by 4, so I am cutting it close. I figure if I am delayed the worst thing is I miss the welcome dinner. As for departure they recommended flights after 1 pm and I have a departure at 1:30. What stinks about this one is I will have a 4 hour layover in Denver, but it was the best I could do. I figure my niece and I can have a relaxing dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter