AHS: Apocalypse

Agreed! I thought Roanoke was the absolute worst season, followed closed by Cult.

The first half of Roanoke was good but then it took a weird turn and didn’t recover. It’s hard to believe that this season is ending already. I’ve really liked this season in reverse.

To me it doesn't feel like one more hour can wrap up literally anything. Is there already another season lined up a la Apocalypse 2: Electric Boogaloo? I enjoyed the flashbacks, but I feel like 50% of this season was told "pre-apocalypse" and is giving us part of an hour for an epic showdown between Michael and the witches.

The first half of Roanoke was good but then it took a weird turn and didn’t recover. It’s hard to believe that this season is ending already. I’ve really liked this season in reverse.

I know -- aren't the seasons usually more than 10 episodes?

Yeah, I feel like this season has gone by way too fast, which is a shame because I'm actually really enjoying it for a change. I haven't really liked AHS since Coven. I was meh on Freak Show, hated Hotel, HATED Roanoke, and LOATHED Cult. Honestly after Cult I was about ready to throw in the towel but I'm glad I didn't. I feel like this season has stripped away all the ridiculous "Let's see how far we can push it" shock value nonsense and has gotten closer to its original roots.

Yeah, I feel like this season has gone by way too fast, which is a shame because I'm actually really enjoying it for a change. I haven't really liked AHS since Coven. I was meh on Freak Show, hated Hotel, HATED Roanoke, and LOATHED Cult. Honestly after Cult I was about ready to throw in the towel but I'm glad I didn't. I feel like this season has stripped away all the ridiculous "Let's see how far we can push it" shock value nonsense and has gotten closer to its original roots.

I’ve seen every season except asylum and coven. Freak show was my favourite (hellliooooo Dandy), and I really liked Hotel too. Roanoke was ok, and I stopped watching Cult about five episodes in. This has been the best season in a while and it’s too bad it’s ending. They could have done a lot with Michael this season. Hopefully we’ll see him in future seasons.

I just can't seem to get in to this season at all.
Maybe it is because I recently binged watched the first 3 seasons and realize none of them will ever be as good as Murder House.
Even the 2nd season was pretty good to me & then it’s been on a steady decline since then IMO. I need to rewatch those 2 seasons & see if they were always this campy & I didn’t realize it.

I’ve seen every season except asylum and coven. Freak show was my favourite (hellliooooo Dandy), and I really liked Hotel too. Roanoke was ok, and I stopped watching Cult about five episodes in. This has been the best season in a while and it’s too bad it’s ending. They could have done a lot with Michael this season. Hopefully we’ll see him in future seasons.
There are no future seasons. This is the last one.

Are you sure? I found this on wiki.

Future seasons[edit]
On January 12, 2017, the series was renewed for a ninth season, with a two-season renewal alongside Apocalypse.[8] Subsequently, on August 3, 2018, the series was renewed for a tenth season.[9]

I hope you’re right.

I hope so too! I thought the big deal about everyone coming back was because it’s the last season...Did I make that up? :rotfl:

It’s like so many seasons before except maybe the first 2. It starts off ok or even good & then just gets ridiculous. For this season, computer nerds sent it into ridiculous again!
I bet the thinking was "Oh crud, we need to explain how Kathy Bates was a robot, people are really going to care about that one!"
"I got it, let's do a three episode arc where we explain how some computer nerds were in league with the devil and show her being built, people will be really into that."
"Only if we can give them horrible hair cuts. also let's throw Venenmen in there so it really ties it ALL together"
"How many episodes do we have? 10!???!"

I still wonder about Timothy and Emily. Will their story be wrapped up this week. If not, that's a major plot hole! He was basically kidnapped and taken to the outpost for what, then??? Emily too.

I bet the thinking was "Oh crud, we need to explain how Kathy Bates was a robot, people are really going to care about that one!"
"I got it, let's do a three episode arc where we explain how some computer nerds were in league with the devil and show her being built, people will be really into that."
"Only if we can give them horrible hair cuts. also let's throw Venenmen in there so it really ties it ALL together"
"How many episodes do we have? 10!???!"

Who or what is Venenmen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter