Ah, The joys of Fp day (done from Starbucks !)

tinkerhon

DIS Veteran
So, my most interesting FP day to date ! The goal - drive both kids to different schools, and get them there on time, when we leave the house each day at 6:30am (est) - and still book fastpasses! Only solution - Since we start the day off at Starbucks - take tablet and iPod with portable charger - log on to Starbucks Wi-Fi - book 6 priority passes ( FOP, SDD, 7DMT) - (fop and sdd were multiples)- drive kids to school by 7:20 and 7:40 - come home and finish FP-

OK- so Starbucks Wi-Fi was super slow -got into car - tapped in to DD Wi-Fi with iPod and wait right near parking lot exit - refresh until 7am - of course, doesn't work until 7:02 - !

Was able to get all with exception of sdd on 3RD day so book twice for later in trip - got kids to school on time and finished booking -

This is a vacation, right ?

The joys of planning !

If you can drink a latte while you book your FP I think you qualify as Captain FastPass. That is glorious. Get your children to sew you a cape!

I almost took a personal day to book mine but managed to scrape it in and get to work on time. People were looking at me like I had two heads when I tried to explain. This is why we need each other! Validation!! :)

If you can drink a latte while you book your FP I think you qualify as Captain FastPass. That is glorious. Get your children to sew you a cape!

I almost took a personal day to book mine but managed to scrape it in and get to work on time. People were looking at me like I had two heads when I tried to explain. This is why we need each other! Validation!! :)

I always use fast pass day as an excuse to use a PTO day at work. I'm kind of bummed my fast pass day will be on a Saturday for this upcoming trip! :rotfl:

I love your strategic planning! This sounds exactly like how I will also be making my FP reservations in a couple of weeks :)

lol - [in the emperor's voice] UNLIMMITTEDDD DDATTAA PLLANNNN

I had to get tickets for a non-Disney event that went on sale while I was in the midst of driving back from a wedding between states - pulled over on the side of the road where the signal was good and did it from there. :)

I always use fast pass day as an excuse to use a PTO day at work. I'm kind of bummed my fast pass day will be on a Saturday for this upcoming trip! :rotfl:

the last couple of trips my FP and ADR days fell on the weekend - it was great ! Today was a challenge !

Mine is the Sunday morning after attending a wedding the night before. We live in WA state so I'm going to be up EXTRA early. Already told my BF I'm not drinking at the wedding because I NEED to be up early :rotfl2:

My daughter unexpectedly needed a ride to school on our fastpass day. We didn’t get SDD our first HS day and had slightly bad FOP and ToT Times but it couldn’t be helped. Plus we are there for a long trip so not really a big deal. But I told her that she picked a bad day to need a ride lol

This year will be our 2nd year with an early November trip, and for the second year in a row our FP day is the Tuesday after Labor Day. That's a big deal because it's always my first day back to work as a teacher! I recruit DH to go in a couple of hours late so that he can get our kids ready and off to school, and I spend 7-8 making as many of our FP as I can. Fingers crossed for no IT problems, because if it doesn't get made by 8 I'm out of luck!

This thread is great! Absolute validation! Everyone at work thinks I am the expert - and the crazy one.

Well I reeeeealy lucked out a week ago today. This was my fastpass day. We had a terrible storm here in Houston and school was canceled because of street flooding and loss of electricity. I didn't have to go to work! So I messed around with my plans all morning. I think houses and buildings were fine. But I am not 100% on that because I was changing my plans over and over and not watching the news. I would feel terrible if someone's home was damaged.

I had one hand on my computer and one hand on my phone. My phone app FPs opened up before the computer did.

I did take a personal day at work on my FP+ Day and have no regrets. As a teacher, I don’t have many other opportunities during the day to go online if the MyExperience system was glitchy in the morning. It also gave me time the rest of the day to enter my FPs into my Touring Plans and fine tune those.

I had my iPad, my iPhone, my sister’s galaxy phone and my computer set up on fast pass day. Luckily it was a Sunday. The galaxy phone opened first so I booked almost everything there. Then the iPad opened. I finished on there when the galaxy stooped working. This trip is June. I haven’t figured out when fast pass day is for my November trip

I'm the dad - lol
Mom loathes planning !

I swear...I typed mom, and then thought I was making assumptions, so I looked at your screen name and somehow decided it was okay to make the mom assumption based on that. Not sure which assumption is worse.

I did take a personal day at work on my FP+ Day and have no regrets. As a teacher, I don’t have many other opportunities during the day to go online if the MyExperience system was glitchy in the morning. It also gave me time the rest of the day to enter my FPs into my Touring Plans and fine tune those.

My personal days were all gone by the time my FP date came up. Didn't want to use a sick day just for FP planning, so I left 30 minutes earlier so I could arrive to my school by 6am my time. We're one hour behind of course. Couldn't get in, so I sat in my car with my laptop and got our FPs. Had it all done in about 30 minutes I believe...maybe less.

I swear...I typed mom, and then thought I was making assumptions, so I looked at your screen name and somehow decided it was okay to make the mom assumption based on that. Not sure which assumption is worse.

No worries! Proud of being the planner !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts