Age cut off ridiculous????

Tamie

Mouseketeer
In planning my WDW vacation in November, I have found that the cut-off age for child to be somewhat ridiculous. I have a DS who will be 5 and a DD who will be 12. I have no problem with my DS, but with my DD I do both with food and the pirate cruise. On the food issue, she is very tiny and eats very little and I feel that paying adult prices for her at the buffets is outragous when she probably will eat less that my DS. Also, she won't be able to do that pirate cruise because the age cut off that I have read it 10. So she will miss out on that when her brother goes. This is very frustrating.

Does any one have a similar problem or advise.

When DD did the cruise 5/24, the CMs said "See you next time you come to WDW!" She had just turned 10 & we are not planning to go back before she turns 11. She sadly told them this would be her one & only time. They told her the cut-off was 12, not 10.

The same issue came up at the Tea Party - a mother tried to substitute her 15 yo daughter for her 7 (?) son, who was sick. The CM at the door told her that the cut-off was 12.

I would try calling again - or maybe you can call GF directly if 407-DINE doesn't know about this . . . .

I know how you feel, my daughter is 3 and eats very little, we frequently didn't order her a meal and she ate from ours, however at buffets we had to pay. I just looked at it as the price of admission to a great show (we only did character buffets) - she had a great time and it was worth the price for that alone, none of us ate our money's worth in food, but that's not what it was about.

Bev

on the other hand..............my twin boys are 12 and are 5feet 6inches tall and weigh 150lbs. they eat like horses and even at twelve a lot of places don't like giving them the child discount when the discount is 12 and under because they think I'm lying about their age. But I do wish cut off ages were higher, for obvious reasons. Also, when we go down I have an 8 and 9 year old and the 12 year olds won't be able to do some things with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter