AFTERNOON TEA OPTIONS FOR OUR 5 YEAR OLD OPTIONS @GF

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
We will be coming in August 2020 to celebrate our daughters preschool graduation and 5th birthday. Wanted to know more about afternoon tea options at GF. How long are they? What is the total cost? Are they worth doing? What is the differences between tea with princesses and afternoon tea? I see the cost is quadruaple for tea with princesses vs afternoon tea. What is served at each? DO you have to pay for these when you book the reservation? We will be doing BBB for her and hopefully eating at CRT and BOG. We will be coming for 5 or 6 days. This will be our daughter's 2nd trip.

Last edited:
You’ve asked this question in 4 different threads. It is currently active on the Restaurants Forum

While I can't speak to the tea with princesses, we did just do the afternoon tea this fall and we absolutely loved it. It lasted about an hour, maybe a bit less, and what it comes with depends on what tea experience you pick. The one my mom picked came with a pot of tea, a plate of sandwiches, and a dessert, while the one I got came with a pot of tea, a cheese and fruit plate, a plate of sandwiches, a dessert and a glass of champagne. I don't remember the exact cost, but I believe my mom's was around $35ish and I think mine was $50.

We were seated next to a family with a little princess who seemed to be having such a blast, it was adorable, so it seems like a great experience for children as well.

Here are some pictures of the food from this past fall.

We've done this a few times. We dress up a bit and DD has dressed as princess. Both my kids have ordered the "Mrs Potts Tea" which is actually chocolate milk. But, when we went, the milk was not served in a tea cup, which surprisingly irritated my DS. He was brought to welled up tears when they ripped the tea cup service sitting in front of him (not exactly Disney magic). So, I kept my cup in front of him and reached across when I wanted a sip. So, be sure to ask for the tea cup if this is important to the 5 yo.

While I can't speak to the tea with princesses, we did just do the afternoon tea this fall and we absolutely loved it. It lasted about an hour, maybe a bit less, and what it comes with depends on what tea experience you pick. The one my mom picked came with a pot of tea, a plate of sandwiches, and a dessert, while the one I got came with a pot of tea, a cheese and fruit plate, a plate of sandwiches, a dessert and a glass of champagne. I don't remember the exact cost, but I believe my mom's was around $35ish and I think mine was $50.

We were seated next to a family with a little princess who seemed to be having such a blast, it was adorable, so it seems like a great experience for children as well.

Here are some pictures of the food from this past fall.

Thanks great pics

41A6730B-86D3-4914-A616-3B9485D4780E.jpeg 075E3DDC-7D67-4816-A0F7-EB36BC703A1D.jpeg C8F4AF3D-DCEE-471C-94BD-EB0FE03B9D41.jpeg I have done tea twice and just booked it for our upcoming trip in July! The standard tea is pretty much as described above. But I have also done the Princess tea with my daughter, this was in 2008, so I’m not sure of the current price, but it includes the adult, child and the child gets the doll my daughter is shown with. It is an American Girl style doll and they sell various outfits for her throughout the resort. The tea is geared more towards youngsters as far as the food offerings go, and the adults get a different plate. My daughters “tea” was apple juice. They tell a story, sing songs and Aurora visits with each child. It was such a special experience, do it if you can swing the $$!

Another option at GF is the wonderland tea party. Our girls did it for their 5 birthday and it was amazing!!! This is a drop off event. The staff is amazing!!! The kids decorate cupcakes and color a tea cup. Alice and the Mad Hatter join them for tea. There is also a photo pass photographer there! Both girls left with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a tea pot signed by the characters, and the cup they decorated. It was from 1:30-3 so a nice break from the park. Cost was very reasonable $50 each. We enjoyed some alone time in the GF while they were in the party.

View attachment 382737 View attachment 382738 View attachment 382739 I have done tea twice and just booked it for our upcoming trip in July! The standard tea is pretty much as described above. But I have also done the Princess tea with my daughter, this was in 2008, so I’m not sure of the current price, but it includes the adult, child and the child gets the doll my daughter is shown with. It is an American Girl style doll and they sell various outfits for her throughout the resort. The tea is geared more towards youngsters as far as the food offerings go, and the adults get a different plate. My daughters “tea” was apple juice. They tell a story, sing songs and Aurora visits with each child. It was such a special experience, do it if you can swing the $$!
So precious! We have very fond memories of doing it in 2008 as well. It was expensive even back then, but it was worth it to have those memories.

View attachment 382737 View attachment 382738 View attachment 382739 I have done tea twice and just booked it for our upcoming trip in July! The standard tea is pretty much as described above. But I have also done the Princess tea with my daughter, this was in 2008, so I’m not sure of the current price, but it includes the adult, child and the child gets the doll my daughter is shown with. It is an American Girl style doll and they sell various outfits for her throughout the resort. The tea is geared more towards youngsters as far as the food offerings go, and the adults get a different plate. My daughters “tea” was apple juice. They tell a story, sing songs and Aurora visits with each child. It was such a special experience, do it if you can swing the $$!

Awesome pics and this is very helpful. Is there a photopass photographer at the princess tea part? Does the princess tea party happen every day of the week? How long is it and at what time? Dinsey.com says 9 but someone told me 10:30? Do they do a parade around the lobby at GF while singing? Thinking about doing BBB before it.

A888856E-D01F-494A-90F6-3AC350C6C89A.jpeg 6A83B73B-BB9E-425D-A384-A89722189ECB.jpeg We did this over ten years ago, hard to believe my little princess is turning 15 this year, here she is from our trip to DL this past summer! I don’t remember it being at nine in the morning but it looks like it is, it’s everyday except Tuesday and Thursday according to what I could find on the Disney site. When we did it there was a photopass photographer in the lobby on the stairway leading up to the gift shop on the second floor. They did a little parade through the lobby then like every thing at Disney, you end in a gift shop! LOL. The photographer took pictures of just the girls on the stairs. They weren’t in the tea with the princesses, that photo above was with my camera. This is her picture in the lobby area.

We've done this a few times. We dress up a bit and DD has dressed as princess. Both my kids have ordered the "Mrs Potts Tea" which is actually chocolate milk. But, when we went, the milk was not served in a tea cup, which surprisingly irritated my DS. He was brought to welled up tears when they ripped the tea cup service sitting in front of him (not exactly Disney magic). So, I kept my cup in front of him and reached across when I wanted a sip. So, be sure to ask for the tea cup if this is important to the 5 yo.

That’s rotten. I would have brought the server back to get him a tea cup, for sure. Having the chocolate milk in a tea cup was HUGE for my little cousin, who was 4 at the time. The server made a big production of pouring it from the tea pot, going up up up with the pot. Little cousin was most impressed.

Another option at GF is the wonderland tea party. Our girls did it for their 5 birthday and it was amazing!!! This is a drop off event. The staff is amazing!!! The kids decorate cupcakes and color a tea cup. Alice and the Mad Hatter join them for tea. There is also a photo pass photographer there! Both girls left with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a tea pot signed by the characters, and the cup they decorated. It was from 1:30-3 so a nice break from the park. Cost was very reasonable $50 each. We enjoyed some alone time in the GF while they were in the party.
Thanks. My daughter loves Aurora and the idea of her singing and dancing around a little of the Grand Floridian definitely as long as finances allow the Perectly Princess Tea would be awesome part of her present for Pre-school Graduation. But if not, then definitely this kids Mrs Potts Tea will be a good substitute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter