• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Afternoon Tea - for a couple?

JCandKT

Stay Outta the Damn Lake! Members of Red Sox Nati
Julie & Taylor - thanks for the great review!

I was wondering (and anyone can respond) would it be weird to do the GF Afternoon Tea as a "couple" thing to do?

My husband and I are huge tea-heads and we love all things England (we secretly want to win the lottery so we can buy a cottage in the English countryside). Maybe it would be a nice thing to do in the afternoon to get away from the craziness of the parks?

Taylor & Julie mentioned they only saw "two men" there... and on the wdwinfo page for this, it mentions Mother/Daughter. Is it very girly? Would my husband feel completely out of place?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

My DH and I have had afternoon tea at GF twice and we enjoyed it and plan to do it again.

It reminded us of our vacation in London and the wonderful tea we had there.

By all means go and enjoy!

I highly recommend - it is in a beautiful location, great service, and very very good. You can also order different items off the menu in case you don't want the ones Julie described - we tried the Cheese Plate and the Fruit plate, and they were wonderful!

My DW and I did the GF tea in January and both loved it. She thought it quite romantic.

I'll add that the cost was in line with other "high teas" we have done at other (non WDW) resorts. If anything, the GF was cheaper.

I love doing high tea and we don't travel with others so DH is always my cohort if we're travelling to someplace that is known for it! :thumbsup2

(Well, when we've travelled with family, my brother and Dad got dragged along to afternoon tea at Harrods - now that was the ultimate experience!) :love:

Who knows maybe while I'm entranced with the tea selections all the fellas in the room are secretly giving each other the "you too, huh?" look :rotfl2:

It probably isn't the first thing guys will sign up to do, but they'll enjoy it enough. :rotfl:

The price & food experience sounds on par with other high teas I've had - I'm looking fwd to it on my next visit! I'll tell DH about it later...:rolleyes:

cheers,
:flower3:

Thanks all!
Looks like I'll be making an ADR!

I think it sounds quite lovely. Tea, strawberries and cream....yummy!

We've done the tea at the GF a couple of times now as a couple and love it. We've also done the tea on DCL and loved it as well. Every time we've been there have been other couples there as well.

My husband and I have done tea at GF several times. He never felt weird or out of place. It's so nice and it's a great break from the parks. We would always do it on MK days and just take the monorail over to GF for a nice break from the crowds and heat mid-afternoon. Have fun!

We always go as a girls tradition, but we always see couples/groups of men & women in there when we go. You would not feel out of place - so enjoy the relaxing atmosphere, and the break from the craziness of the parks. :thumbsup2

We're planning on doing it in September and from the review and comments on this thread it sounds like we made a good choice :)

Thanks all for the responses.
I've requested an ADR for 9/21!

What a nice little anniversary thing to do! I'll have a review of it in my Trip Report, I'm sure!

Have done it with my DH.

Not only that, with my 19 yo DD and my 16 yo DS.
He's 19 now and would still enjoy going back!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter