Afternoon at Mr. Sanchos or Chackanub

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
Ok when we arrive in Cozumel we were planning of winging it, doing a relaxing breakfast and then walking into town (It's not like MANY miles is it?) doing some shopping and mini golf. Then I was thinking we might take a cab to Mr. Sanchos or Chackanuab (sp) in the afternoon _or the ruins, do you think it will be too crowded? Maybe we should spend the afternoon on the ship? any idea of how to tell what other ships will be in port with us? We are on the 12/7/02 western
thanks Ann

ps-Michelle what are YOU going to be doing in Cozumel?

Ann, According to another board, there will be five ships in port with us. The only ones I remember are two Carnival ships (pride? and something?) and Celebrity.
I would think if you want to Chankannab and/or Mr. Sancho's, I would get an early start. From experience, beaches get mighty crowded in the afternoon. JMHO

Lisa

I really want to show DS the town and he really wants to golf so then I think we will just relax, we will be doing the beach at castaway cay and snorkling in GC so one more beach would not be that big of a deal anyhow

We did Chankanaab! We got off the ship in no hurry, walked down the dock, went left and picked up a cab to Chankanaab. It was $10 for all of us in the cab (not $10/person). There were four of us, me & DH & DD(3 yr) and another guy who heard us talking at breakfast and saying that we were going to CNP and asked if he could come with It is about a 10 mintue ride. Admission to the park is $10/person and children under 7 are free. You could spend the entire day at CNP. It is awesme!!!!!!!!!!! There are plenty of restrooms, and places to get a drink (even though you don't want to drink anything other than SEALED bottled water). There are chair-things under straw umbrellas all along the beach. There were no shortages of places to sit on the sand, and plenty of stairs down unto the water. No spot was a bad spot. You could rent snorkel equip. for $5. (we travel with our own) The snorkeling was excellent!!! Water was warm. Fish and underwater life were plentiful. There were iguana lizards everywhere. There were small shops and fake ruins and an agricultural tour and diving caves.

On the way out, we bought a t-shirt for $10. So, in total, we spent $40 for our day. The cab (we split with the guy who went with us), entrance into the park, and a t-shirt. We spent 4 hours here. We would do this again!

Then, we went back to town and we went to C & Cs for a few hours. Back to the shipp to clean up and back to C & Cs till 10:00pm!

It was our favorite port!!!! Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer.

Cozumel beaches compare to no other! IMHO, you should get an early start to the beach, either is fine but we did Mr. Sanchos and had a great time....then head to town and shop and mini golf. Don't bypass the beaches here...you will regret it!

We were in St. John last year and that beach was the beautifulest I have ever experienced is Coaumel better than that? What did you find that made them uncomparable? Maybe I need to rethink my plan and do the beach in the morning and golf and shopping in the afternoon? Which should I choose Mr. Sanchos or Chackanaub?

$5...it is true!!! At CNP you can rent your gear for $5.

I have never been to St. JOhn, so I wouldn't know, but we have snorkeled in Hawaii. I would say what we did in CNP was comparable to snorkeling off a beach in Hawaii.

CNP is not a wade-in beach. It is a sandy plateau on top of a rock wall. There are steps on the rock wall that lead into the water. WHich means that the sea life are right at the bottom of the steps rather than having to go out a little ways to see anything.

Let me know if you want to know anything else! I am hpayy to answer. ENjoy your day no matter what you do!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter