After proposal and dinner.....

2minny

DIS Veteran
My Nephew is proposing to his gf at the Grand Floridian, then dinner at Citricos. We are trying to plan a place for them to watch the fireworks after dinner, as well as a drink or dessert. We were thinking of having them get on the monorail and go to Contemporary or Polynesian. But we are somewhat late with this idea and cant' seem to get reservations at the restaurants. Would you recommend staying at GF and watching the fireworks and water pageant or traveling via monorail to watch on the Polynesian beach, drink from outdoor bar? Any thoughts are much appreciated! We leave in 3 weeks :)

We went to the Trader Sam’s outdoor patio at Poly after our engagement for drinks and fireworks. This was when it was Wishes, so I’m not sure how it looks with the new Happily Ever After show, but it was a great spot. They don’t take reservations, but they were awesome and even gave us free champagne and free mickey and Minnie cupcakes.

It honestly depends on when the dinner will be over. If it’s really close to firework time, you’re probably better off staying at GF. If you’re done before 7-7:30, I would say head to Trader Sam’s :)

Also, keep checking back for reservations at Cali Grill. That spot is AMAZING for fireworks and would be an awesome and memorable experience for such a special night. People cancel reservations all the time- don’t stop checking!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!