• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After hours Epcot DAS not work after midnight?

krismom345

Mouseketeer
Just curious- at Epcot after hours event that goes til 1am and at midnight the DAS said we are technically no longer in the park so we couldn’t make a selection. The CM wasn’t helpful at all and said to go to guest services which was a hike and was closed when we got there.
Wondering if it’s a glitch, has anyone encountered this?

I’m surprised the lines at midnight are long enough that you would need a return time (vs just being granted immediate access), though to be fair I have an old lady bedtime - thank you insomnia - so I can’t imagine being in the parks that late.

I’ve never had trouble with DAS working at after hours events like MNSSHP, but I also think it was before Covid that we were in a park past midnight. Similar to the previous poster, I would think the lines after midnight would be short enough that DAS wouldn’t really be necessary. We usually stay until close and the last hour is almost walk on to everything.

Just curious- at Epcot after hours event that goes til 1am and at midnight the DAS said we are technically no longer in the park so we couldn’t make a selection. The CM wasn’t helpful at all and said to go to guest services which was a hike and was closed when we got there.
Wondering if it’s a glitch, has anyone encountered this?

We've never been in a park that late, and we don't do the late night parties. That said...

I believe the "you are no longer in the park" is because DAS is tied to your regular park ticket and not the After Hours ticket. As others have said, I'm surprised the queues were long enough to warrant DAS (isn't it less than 20 minutes standby and they are supposed to just put you in the regular queue). And also surprised the CM didn't know how to issue a manual/paper DAS Return Time if that was needed. Also, at least the main Guest Relations location should always be open as long as there are guests in the park. So I'm not sure what occurred but it seems like you may have hit an odd occurrence of issues all at the same time (unusually long queue, untrained CM, and closed Guest Relations).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter