AFTER HOURS at Magic Kingdom

Dan Bee

Earning My Ears
Any idea when the 2020 calendar for the Magic Kingdom AFTER HOURS event will be released?

Planning a trip in Summer 2020 and definitely do not want to miss it!

We went last night at MK. Got in at 6:19. They have a special sign/area at the gate where they scan your ticket and greet you. Probably could have gotten in sooner.

My suggestion, set up three FP for 6:30-7:30, 7:35-8:35 and 8:40-9:40. That way even if they don’t let you in early you can still catch them all. We did Jungle Cruise, BTMR and Haunted Mansion, filling in the gaps with Pirates.

We had no issue with snack availability. I even got a Coke at 1:05 after getting off the last ride

It wasn’t as deserted as some have said, but we never waited more than 2 mins for anything after 10pm.

My only complaints, not to do with DAH, why is it such a long walk in and out of Space Mountain? We would have road it more, but it’s just too much walking. And why is People Mover even still there? That has to be the lamest excuse for an “attraction” there is.

We went last night at MK. Got in at 6:19. They have a special sign/area at the gate where they scan your ticket and greet you. Probably could have gotten in sooner.

My suggestion, set up three FP for 6:30-7:30, 7:35-8:35 and 8:40-9:40. That way even if they don’t let you in early you can still catch them all. We did Jungle Cruise, BTMR and Haunted Mansion, filling in the gaps with Pirates.

We had no issue with snack availability. I even got a Coke at 1:05 after getting off the last ride

It wasn’t as deserted as some have said, but we never waited more than 2 mins for anything after 10pm.

My only complaints, not to do with DAH, why is it such a long walk in and out of Space Mountain? We would have road it more, but it’s just too much walking. And why is People Mover even still there? That has to be the lamest excuse for an “attraction” there is.
We absolutely love people mover. I would be very sad if they got rid of it.

I'm also trying to get a feel for how far ahead they're likely to announce dates and sell tickets--I'm in the 2020 boat as well, albeit January (haven't decided which DAH I want to prioritize yet, though). I've just got a reminder on my Toodledo to check for WDW announcements and events every other week, which is overkill this far out but may save my bacon as I get closer and it starts to actually matter.

Also, I too love the Tomorrowland Transit Authority/People Mover...but I think it needs to go down for a long refurbishment. It seems like the track's been getting bumpy, and there's some kind of issue with the system that's been causing a higher than normal number of evacuations (I got evac'd in 2018, which was exciting but time consuming). They said something about the sensors and having to cycle it empty to get it to stop thinking it needed to e-stop itself? Not sure what's going on there but from what others have said on this board it seems like it's a recurring problem.

Dates likely won't be released for a while. For this June, dates were released in April. For the rest of the summer dates were announced in May.

Boooo! People Mover is a favorite ride of many on the DISboards.

OMG the Wed Way People Mover is one of my favorite attractions in MK. I would be very sad if it ever was destroyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter