after all these years, finally got a card from disney with a resort discount PIN code

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i can't believe it....after all these years, i've finally received a card from disney with a discount PIN code..

i've heard about these things for what seems like years and years, but never got one...
all these years of unrequited love...
and suddenly i'm feeling loved....they must be REALLY hard up for guests....

I was told that if you don't use the PIN Code that it's a really long time before they send you another one too. I had just been to Disney last April 2007 and I got a PIN Code in the mail that June to come back for Christmas. I couldn't afford it and was not able to use the PIN Code. I regretfully threw the card in the garbage and I have not received another one since. :sad2:

So, I hope you can use yours!! :thumbsup2

That is the best excuse for booking the next trip I have heard :goodvibes

Can just hear to conversation to my DH "but darling, if we dont use the pin code we will never ever,ever,ever get another one" ;)

Not that I have ever have one - feeling unloved now :lmao:

Oooh, I'm excited that I got a PIN code in July and was able to use it. Maybe I'll get more!!!

Sorry, this may be a really dumb question, but what is a PIN code and how do you get one?

Sorry, this may be a really dumb question, but what is a PIN code and how do you get one?

Sometimes Disney sends out postcards or emails with pin codes on them that offer discounts on packages and resort rooms, mostly for rooms. The postcard comes in your name and the pin code is specific to you. So the person who got the pin code has to use it.

Pin codes are usually a really good deal. I got one in I think March for 40% off at a deluxe...it is 40% off rack rate though, but we still got a nice deal.

However....................

Disclaimer..............
THERE IS SEEMINGLY NO RHYME OR REASON AS TO WHO GETS A PIN CODE!
IT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY ANALYZED BY ALMOST EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER VISISTED THE DIS BOARDS AND NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW DISNEY DECIDES WHO TO SEND PIN CODES TO.

I received one this week too (email for a MYO package) but it's not a very good one, and we're already going in Sept. (it's for off season times)

I got a PIN postcard last night too. Hooray! I've gone at least 2-3 times for the past 10 years or so, and have never received one.

Just yesterday I was browsing on the internet for the best deals, and hadn't found any yet. I'm so excited, Food & Wine, here we come!

I received one this week too (email for a MYO package) but it's not a very good one, and we're already going in Sept. (it's for off season times)

Mine is for the period beginning right after free dining ends and running up to the day before Christmas.
it works out to be about 20% off the rack package. It's also good for room only rates, but i don't know what they are. Since i'm not going, it's sort of moot. But maybe i should check it out anyway. Or would that be pure masochism on my part???

but still it's so exciting....my first pin code ever....maybe i'll break out some champagne....i've been a loyal disneyworld nutcase since 1974....this was a very long time coming....

I got a PIN postcard last night too. Hooray! I've gone at least 2-3 times for the past 10 years or so, and have never received one.

Just yesterday I was browsing on the internet for the best deals, and hadn't found any yet. I'm so excited, Food & Wine, here we come!

woo hoo!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

I guess WDW still doesn't love me... or they just know that they'll see me and my family a few times each year so I don't need a PIN code. We actually saw a bounceback deal in our AKL room in May for the first time ever.

I was told that if you don't use the PIN Code that it's a really long time before they send you another one too. I had just been to Disney last April 2007 and I got a PIN Code in the mail that June to come back for Christmas. I couldn't afford it and was not able to use the PIN Code. I regretfully threw the card in the garbage and I have not received another one since. :sad2:

Oh no! I have been waiting and crossing my fingers for a PIN code- they used to send them to me, but we could never afford to go and I haven't gotten one in a while :sad: I guess I better not hold my breath then!

Oh no! I have been waiting and crossing my fingers for a PIN code- they used to send them to me, but we could never afford to go and I haven't gotten one in a while :sad: I guess I better not hold my breath then!

I'm not sure who told me this, but I remember it being a somewhat credible source. I have not been holding my breath either. I was very bummed that I couldn't use the PIN code and my next trip out there won't be until late 2009, so there's a chance I might get one by then... MAYBE??

SamIAm21- I will let you know if I get one. I sort of had the feeling that I wasn't getting them anymore since I never used them- but if I do get one, there will be hope for you too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter