After 4 Days in the Hospital...

shellynn24

DIS Veteran
We finally get to go home! My 4 yo woke up on Monday with a swollen eye, it kept getting worse through the morning so we ended up at the ER. It turned out to be some serious infection in her eye that required hospital admission and IV antibiotics. We have been here for 4 days and the Dr just came in took one look at her and said "you can go". This is me :banana::banana: Woohoo! I'm glad her eye didn't get any worse cause they would have had to operate on her eye, that's frightning.

Thanks Podcast crew for keeping me company for these loooong 4 days. My iPod died last night and I had my Aunt run over my cousins cable to charge it up and download the new podcasts :thumbsup2 Gotta have my podcasts.

Today is a great day...right?

We finally get to go home! My 4 yo woke up on Monday with a swollen eye, it kept getting worse through the morning so we ended up at the ER. It turned out to be some serious infection in her eye that required hospital admission and IV antibiotics. We have been here for 4 days and the Dr just came in took one look at her and said "you can go". This is me :banana::banana: Woohoo! I'm glad her eye didn't get any worse cause they would have had to operate on her eye, that's frightning.

Thanks Podcast crew for keeping me company for these loooong 4 days. My iPod died last night and I had my Aunt run over my cousins cable to charge it up and download the new podcasts :thumbsup2 Gotta have my podcasts.

Today is a great day...right?

Sounds like a very scary few days, but thankfully, with a great ending.
I'm very happy for you and your little one.

As someone who was also in the hospital lately :crutches: I'm really glad you get to go home. Enjoy sleeping in your own bed in the security of your home with your loved ones.

As someone who was also in the hospital lately :crutches: I'm really glad you get to go home. Enjoy sleeping in your own bed in the security of your home with your loved ones.
So true. I have three kids and the older two hadn't seen their sister for two days, the reunion at home was chaotic at best :lmao: they were running and laughing, just so happy to see each other. My dog was happy too, she had been living alone for 4 days...poor puppy.

How scary! How on earth did she get an infection in her eye? Did she have a scratch or bite? Glad she's doing well and now at home. :grouphug:

Now that ya'll our home you can start forgetting about the hospital stay. :) My kids have had too many procedures with too much time in the hospital. Thankfully the Doc's were able to fix everything and the procedures went as planned. Mostly. :) But hopefully all of that is behind us. :thumbsup2

And hopefully they will never have to step inside a hospital again except to give us grandkids MANY years from now. :rotfl:

Just need to figure out the money situation from taxes, health care bills, this and that so we can go to WDW this year. :confused3 But if we miss a year to solve one of the DK's health problems so be it. We are in DVC so we have another half century to visit WDW. :banana::rotfl2:

Our kids did VERY well in the hospital emotionally. :thumbsup2 And they put the visits behind them very quickly. In many ways the procedures helped mature them and give them a better appreciation of how lucky there are.

Later,
Dan

:grouphug: praying for a continuing swift recovery. I'm so glad you're able to go home, that's a long hospital stay for someone so young.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! My daughter is doing great, she is on oral antibiotics and her eye is back to normal. The Dr said that the infection is the result of a very bad fast acting sinus infection...weird, I know. I didn't even know a sinus infection could do that :confused3 The hospital was great, such happy fun nurses that went out of their way to make sure she was happy taken care of. It was almost like being in the Disney version of a hospital :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter