Affordable kids shoes now that Payless closed?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
Where is everyone getting their kids shoes now for those that shopped at Payless? We always got all my daughter's flats, boots etc there. I liked the prices, half sizes etc. We especially liked that American Eagle Brand they were so soft and comfortable. My daughter is going into 6th grade and wears a size 4 Thank you!

I am a Famous Footwear “Gold Member.” The points rack up pretty fast and they always have buy 1 get 1 half off sales and if you’re a member an extra 15% off. Last trip I bought two pairs of Nike’s, one was $69.99 and the other $59.99. My total after the sale, extra discount and my savings certificate ($10) was $46 and enough points for another $5 certificate.

I’m buying for a toddler, but I buy mostly from Target for his shoes. The Cat & Jack line has worked really well for us. They run buy one get one half off and other similar sales, so I try to wait for a promotion.

K mart, target, Walmart but I have the best luck price hunting on Amazon like girls Saucony running for $12 or Anna and Elsa print stride rite for $15

We love getting shoes at ross, Marshalls etc i like that im getting name brands for 20.00 walmart shoes were that much. My son is in 7th grade and brands are starting to matter. When they didnt before. But also shop online you can get some cute styles with out all the driving around thats what i do between ebay and zappos ive got some good deals for myself

Target, Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx, Kohls, JC Pennys and DSW.... don't forget to check the outlet stores...

DSW, - I have gotten some pretty good deals in this store, I always check the clearance first... I just got a pair of converse - original price was like 75.00, and sorta brown all weather hiking looking boots they were some name brand I can remember they were originally priced at 85.00 ... for my grandson. They both were on clearance plus Using my coupons.... both together were under 32.00 dollars...

Kohls - Our Kohls has become hit or miss... in the shoe department, especially kids shoes... Now over where my mom's lives the Kohls store has a great selection of kids shoes... so you should check our your local store....

Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx - I have gotten some really great deals, kids flip flops or sandals under 5.00 bucks, as well sneakers around 15.00, and at Christmas they always super cute and trendy slippers around 5.00 to 10.00 bucks....

JC Penny's... Our Pennys store is super busy, and has lots and lots of merchandise... If you hit a shoe sale you can clean up for the whole family... I got paw patrol shoes, and marvel shoes on sale for 19.99 each for our grandson, then I had a scratch off coupon and that landed me 50% off the total bill... So 20.00 for both...

Target is a good go to store when you don't have a lot of time to shop around... they consistently have trendy shoes, meaning, Disney, Marvel, Star Wars or whatever is hot right now, and they are at a great price...

Outlets stores - I always check the clearance racks first... then look around to see what the promotion is...

Target. They’re actually better priced than Payless and have sales all the time.
I actually always used to get shoes there but years ago when they added food to our Targets they shrunk the shoe dept. Now they don't have much, it's a mess all the time and they never have any shoes. Do you get them in the store or online or do I do just have crappy Targets by me lol?

Target, Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx, Kohls, JC Pennys and DSW.... don't forget to check the outlet stores...

DSW, - I have gotten some pretty good deals in this store, I always check the clearance first... I just got a pair of converse - original price was like 75.00, and sorta brown all weather hiking looking boots they were some name brand I can remember they were originally priced at 85.00 ... for my grandson. They both were on clearance plus Using my coupons.... both together were under 32.00 dollars...

Kohls - Our Kohls has become hit or miss... in the shoe department, especially kids shoes... Now over where my mom's lives the Kohls store has a great selection of kids shoes... so you should check our your local store....

Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx - I have gotten some really great deals, kids flip flops or sandals under 5.00 bucks, as well sneakers around 15.00, and at Christmas they always super cute and trendy slippers around 5.00 to 10.00 bucks....

JC Penny's... Our Pennys store is super busy, and has lots and lots of merchandise... If you hit a shoe sale you can clean up for the whole family... I got paw patrol shoes, and marvel shoes on sale for 19.99 each for our grandson, then I had a scratch off coupon and that landed me 50% off the total bill... So 20.00 for both...

Target is a good go to store when you don't have a lot of time to shop around... they consistently have trendy shoes, meaning, Disney, Marvel, Star Wars or whatever is hot right now, and they are at a great price...

Outlets stores - I always check the clearance racks first... then look around to see what the promotion is...
Thank you for the detailed answers! It must be the stores by me we don't have much variety at all at any of those stores for kids shoes. I'll keep checking though, thank you!

Academy Sports has every price point. Also like Shoe Carnival.

My two kids are wearing New Balance and Under Armour I got on clearance at Mill's Fleet Farm if you're in the upper midwest. We've only paid between $10-20 per pair of brand name.

I just took dgd shoe shopping at Shoe Carnival. Got two pair of New Balance for less than $40. Plan to take her and her sister back for boots in a couple of months.

Where is everyone getting their kids shoes now for those that shopped at Payless? We always got all my daughter's flats, boots etc there. I liked the prices, half sizes etc. We especially liked that American Eagle Brand they were so soft and comfortable. My daughter is going into 6th grade and wears a size 4 Thank you!

Local shoe store in my town will pricematch.

Otherwise Zappos is easy enough to use if you don't mind returning things

Kohls. I used to do Payless, but the quality got crappier, and the prices got higher. I could buy Nike or addidas at Kohls for the same prices as Payless brands and they held up better. Most times I can find my boys tennis shoes at Kohls for around 30$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter