Affection Section at Rafiki's Planet Watch and ECVs?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I always assumed that ECVs weren't allowed in the area where you can pet the animals Is that true? And if it is, does anyone have any suggestions for someone who can only walk about 10 feet, but who wants to pet the animals?

Rollator?

I'm not sure, but I think that you can't pet the animals right now, because of COVID-19. You can "visit" them (they have them out where you can see them) but I think the petting/contact aspect is not happening.

I always assumed that ECVs weren't allowed in the area where you can pet the animals Is that true? And if it is, does anyone have any suggestions for someone who can only walk about 10 feet, but who wants to pet the animals?
According to the WDW app, guests using an ECV must transfer to a wheelchair for the Affection Section. To add, all visitors to the section are required to clean their hands before and after visiting, but there is a washbasin zone near the entrance.

Rollator?
I'm not sure, but I think that you can't pet the animals right now, because of COVID-19. You can "visit" them (they have them out where you can see them) but I think the petting/contact aspect is not happening
The Touring Plans blog posted an article just yesterday about the Affection Section reopening. The pictures in the article showed multiple people wearing face masks who were petting and interacting with animals inside the area.

According to the WDW app, guests using an ECV must transfer to a wheelchair for the Affection Section. To add, all visitors to the section are required to clean their hands before and after visiting, but there is a washbasin zone near the entrance.

The Touring Plans blog posted an article just yesterday about the Affection Section reopening. The pictures in the article showed multiple people wearing face masks who were petting and interacting with animals inside the area.

Yay! I'm so glad that it is reopening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!