Aeroplan points - where are the best deals?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Since Aeroplan has partnered with several companies to assist in collecting points, I was hoping there would be a few people that might also collect and know when the best deals are coming up.

I got an email that Costco.ca online purchases (with a promo code of AERO3 ) would be worth 3x the points (don't forget to enter your aeroplan card number before you check out).

Also, on the Aeroplan website, are the estore deals of the day, which do change. I got 4x on a Bay order on the weekend, but then it went down to 3x.

Anyway, I seem to remember getting some 10x deals before last Xmas and at least a 5x deal at Costco.ca last year. Anyone know when the best deals have been offered?

I'm new to collecting Aeroplan points, so I will be following this thread. So far I've only used the eStore to take advantage of the multiplier events. I will say you need to keep track and keep your eReceipts as sometimes the points don't post. And they make you wait 8 weeks to submit a missing points request.

Between this, Air Miles and PC Optimum, I need a chart to keep track of everything!

I do surveys to earn Aeroplan points, but it's slow going and I do it more to ensure they don't expire on me. I have not (yet) used their online shopping portal - interested to hear if it's as much of a pain as airmiles is to follow up on, or more like ebates/Rakuten which posts quickly. I may try it once just to see how it goes :)

Interested to earn more though. I just redeemed from my August flight to get some gift cards, which seem to take a long time to ship but "free money" so that's ok I guess. I didn't think I'd ever earn enough to get a flight :)

When we book package vacations we do Air Canada Vacations so we get points. Flights are bit more of a struggle as you really have to calculate if it's worth the extra money on the higher fares vs Basic.

I do surveys to earn Aeroplan points, but it's slow going and I do it more to ensure they don't expire on me. I have not (yet) used their online shopping portal - interested to hear if it's as much of a pain as airmiles is to follow up on, or more like ebates/Rakuten which posts quickly. I may try it once just to see how it goes :)

Interested to earn more though. I just redeemed from my August flight to get some gift cards, which seem to take a long time to ship but "free money" so that's ok I guess. I didn't think I'd ever earn enough to get a flight :)
I used the estore last Christmas and again over Prime Day. Prime Day was a disaster, but it might have been Amazon that screwed up. The one time I tried it on Prime Day, it didn't give me the Prime prices, so I cancelled my order, but couldn't order again (because you can only order an item once on Prime Day). I didn't know if that was an Amazon problem or the fact that I had accessed Amazon through the Aeroplan estore.

So that's the thing. You can plan your shopping beforehand, but you can't have your items in your cart. You have to go in to the store through the Aeroplan site, which logs you in to Aeroplan, then takes you to the site you want. You search up your items in that tab/window and only that tab/window and add to your cart and purchase. That's why it's best to have your plan in place before actually going through the estore.

Costco is different. You shop on their website like normal, but you have to have added your Aeroplan number to your account at least once in the time you've had your Costco account. You can do it each time, but you don't have to. Then, when you make your purchase, you put the promo code Aeroplan sent you (or that's on their site) to collect points.

So my promo code (presumably good until Sept 22) was AERO3. I added that in the promotions box before finalizing my purchase. The code on the Aeroplan site today is just AEROPLAN, which maybe is a default code. I don't know.

I got my points for all my purchases within a week of making my purchases, but it says it can take up to 8 weeks to have them credited. If you're doing it at the end of the year to prop up your status, I'm told the points are counted on the day of the purchase, not on the day of the credit to your account, but I can't verify that, because I made sure I was going to have enough before Dec. 31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter