Aeroplan eStore

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
I got an ad for the Aeroplan eStore. It says if you go to the merchants through their link and signed in with your Aeroplan account, anything you buy during that session will garner extra Aeroplan points. This sounds great, especially if you're close to getting that Silver, Black or Diamond rating for next year. My problem is that it also says it can take up to 8 weeks for the points to be awarded and that's too late to count for 2018.

Has anyone bought through the Aeroplan eStore? And how long was it before your extra points were awarded?

I've ordered a few larger ticket items through the Aeroplan store links but nothing recently. Apple products mostly. Two computers and an iPad if I recall correctly. No issue getting the points (it was double miles for one of them I believe). Didn't take more than a few days, maybe a week. It wasn't an unusually long time, anyways.

It depends on the store sometimes the points are within a few days of buying (Gap/Old Navy), but others take 8 weeks (Amazon). I always check the e-store for merchants for the extra points. Make sure you check the fine print for each store. Amazon won't give you the points if the items were in your cart before going through the e-store portal. Other stores will give points when using gift cards others won't.

Thanks. I've taken a chance on a few retailers. Bed Bath and Beyond and Hudson's Bay were only a few days until the points appeared. The shipments came quickly, as well. I did phone Aeroplan and they said the points count for the year in which they were earned. So if they aren't submitted until 2019, but the purchase was in 2018, then they count towards my status. Also, estore points are status miles (count towards silver, black and diamond, for those that don't know, because I didn't until recently), but the extra points, like the extra 3x points you get as a diamond do not count. So the 5 or 10x promotion points all count, just not the extra ones that are perks of your status.

Good point about Amazon cart. I made sure to take everything out of my cart before entering via the estore. But I am bummed that I did my purchase yesterday for 1x extra points. Today they are 10x extra points!!! Gah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!