Not open for further replies.
Overview of TSL

DFbk46lXoAAlsGF.jpg

Slinky Dog track is apparently complete

DFbf9j2WAAI5FiY.jpg

DFbkubmW0AEHbeP.jpg

Closer look at Alien Spinning Saucers
DFbn_pVXoAAUhGv.jpg

Is Slink a bit misleading on here? It seems pretty good size?

I thought this was Barnstormer 2.0, or is it?

Great pic updates by the way.

Is SWGE going to be bigger in California? Or are they trying to make everything same size and everything at both parks?

Is SWGE going to be bigger in California? Or are they trying to make everything same size and everything at both parks?
In talking with one of the Cast Member's who was basically reciting a script about the scale model at the D23 Expo, she indicated that the two versions were supposed to be pretty identical. At DL, there will be 3 entrances to SWGE. At DHS, there will only be 2 entrances. But outside of this, I think they are trying to make them look the same.

In talking with one of the Cast Member's who was basically reciting a script about the scale model at the D23 Expo, she indicated that the two versions were supposed to be pretty identical. At DL, there will be 3 entrances to SWGE. At DHS, there will only be 2 entrances. But outside of this, I think they are trying to make them look the same.
Correct. The two will have some landscaping differences as well but other than the entrances the two will be identical.

Is Slink a bit misleading on here? It seems pretty good size?

I thought this was Barnstormer 2.0, or is it?

Great pic updates by the way.
The Slinky Dog Coaster looks like it is probably one of the longer coasters in the parks (in the area it covers). It seems more stretched (pun intended) out with longer straightaways like traditional steel coasters at Six Flags-like theme parks rather than wrapping in itself like most of the other Disney Coasters do.

Or is it just hard to understand the scale in the photo?

The Slinky Dog Coaster looks like it is probably one of the longer coasters in the parks (in the area it covers). It seems more stretched (pun intended) out with longer straightaways like traditional steel coasters at Six Flags-like theme parks rather than wrapping in itself like most of the other Disney Coasters do.

You are seeing what I do. But it is hard to tell. Might be pretty good actually.

On G Earth, Barnstormer widest footprint appears to only be about 150 feet?

Without seeing Slink on G Earth, the wide stretch appears to be about 600 feet, measuring existing buildings.

Can it by 4 times wider?

On G Earth, Barnstormer widest footprint appears to only be about 150 feet?

Without seeing Slink on G Earth, the wide stretch appears to be about 600 feet, measuring existing buildings.

Can it by 4 times wider?
It sure "feels" like it .. like those giant steel coasters you see at Six Flags that practically go the length of the park because of huge drops and high speeds.

Do we know what type of coaster Slinky will be? With the lack of big hills I assume it will be that slingshot style (where you get "launched" .. just not with a huge acceleration like you would see at the big coaster parks? (Thus giving you a "slinky dog" feeling?)

It sure "feels" like it .. like those giant steel coasters you see at Six Flags that practically go the length of the park because of huge drops and high speeds.

Do we know what type of coaster Slinky will be? With the lack of big hills I assume it will be that slingshot style (where you get "launched" .. just not with a huge acceleration like you would see at the big coaster parks? (Thus giving you a "slinky dog" feeling?)

It looks flat in and out of the building, so maybe it does slink shot.

Actually BTMRR footprint is 375 feet by 275 feet, so Slink appears to be a much larger footprint than that. Just not as many tight weaves and probably not as tall of drops.

It is a launch coater with two launches.

It looks flat in and out of the building, so maybe it does slink shot.

It will use linear induction/magnets to "launch" you - there will be 2 launch zones during the ride: when you first start and then at the straight away section with the "GO" circle going around the track

It will use linear induction/magnets to "launch" you - there will be 2 launch zones during the ride: when you first start and then at the straight away section with the "GO" circle going around the track

I like it. :thumbsup2

It's cool when you can see the architecture from the artist rendering in these photos!

1 - The red "toy box" with the open lid now has it's foundation.
2 - The "entrance" for TSMM is framed
3 - The "quick service" location is framed. You can clearly see the "silo" and entry way.

tsl.jpg TSL-Overview.jpg

When people say barnstormer they mean level of thrill. It will definitely be longer than barnstormer.

I may have missed it, but any ideas yet about what the ride vehicle will look like? Anything unique about it? Seeing some of the hills, it almost looks like it could act a little like a slinky, but I don't know how they would engineer that without making the cars bounce back and forth with each other lol.

I may have missed it, but any ideas yet about what the ride vehicle will look like? Anything unique about it? Seeing some of the hills, it almost looks like it could act a little like a slinky, but I don't know how they would engineer that without making the cars bounce back and forth with each other lol.
It will just be standard coaster cars with a slinky dog head on an "engine" car and a slinky dog tail on a "caboose" car. Each of the cars guests will sit in will have a look of a slinky spring wrapped around them. There will be no unique springy mechanics to the ride vehicles to make them behave as an actual slinky.

It will just be standard coaster cars with a slinky dog head on an "engine" car and a slinky dog tail on a "caboose" car. Each of the cars guests will sit in will have a look of a slinky spring wrapped around them. There will be no unique springy mechanics to the ride vehicles to make them behave as an actual slinky.
Well we don't know that for sure but I don't think they will have any "slinky" affects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter