Status
Not open for further replies.
Some observations from this most recent round of photos:

-Those footprints in TSL are so cool!
-SW:GE is moving along nicely. I think it's further along than TSL was a year ago this time. (I am not suggesting it will open earlier - there is a complexity here that TSL doesn't have.)
-The Riviera station is going to be REALLY close to the resort. Like maybe 50 yards or less. I wonder if they will put in a covered walkway.
-It's been said before, but that GotG building is going to be MASSIVE. Like SW battle ride and Pandora (both rides) massive.

-The Riviera station is going to be REALLY close to the resort. Like maybe 50 yards or less. I wonder if they will put in a covered walkway.

Covered would be nice-like BLT.

Seriously I could see exiting that side of the building and being at IG in like under 10 minutes with basically minimal walking.

Likely faster to IG than many BW, maybe even YC rooms, and for sure S&D.

Esp if waiting for a boat (to compare a minimal walking scenario).

And in many scenarios quicker to DHS.

Seriously I could see exiting that side of the building and being at IG in like under 10 minutes with basically minimal walking.

I see it more as the walkway that goes between the GF and it’s DVC. Same difference

Yes, I would say it will be less than 10 minutes most of the time to the IG, depending on how they handle leaving gondolas open for Riviera guests. (They will have to leave some % of gondolas leaving CBR open so that Riviera guests have space to get on at busy times of day. Probably something like every 4th gondola.)

I was only referring to the building that was themed as a cardboard box, I can't believe they couldn't come up with something more creative.

In the movies Andy uses cardboard boxes for everything. I think making the entrance to TSM a cardboard box is very creative.

Attachments

• Andy-plays-with-Rex-in-Toy-Story.jpg
    Andy-plays-with-Rex-in-Toy-Story.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Boxes.jpeg
    Boxes.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 49
I am just interested to see at what price point the launch the Riviera rooms ... $180 per point ... more ? $200+ ???

Should be interesting.

I am just interested to see at what price point the launch the Riviera rooms ... $180 per point ... more ? $200+ ???

Should be interesting.

Well - currently at $182 and the last few price increases were in the $5 range - so at a guess probably somewhere between $187 and 192 per point to start.

Well - currently at $182 and the last few price increases were in the $5 range - so at a guess probably somewhere between $187 and 192 per point to start.

Hard to say though, the Poly and Grand Floridian are currently $220 direct ... This resort will have direct access to TWO parks, including what is going to be the most popular (Hollywood with TSL and SWGE) AND Epcot for Food and wine, flower and garden, etc.

Hard to say though, the Poly and Grand Floridian are currently $220 direct ... This resort will have direct access to TWO parks, including what is going to be the most popular (Hollywood with TSL and SWGE) AND Epcot for Food and wine, flower and garden, etc.

The Poly and Grand are at $220 partly because people will pay a premium for them but they are established resorts AND they are sold out so Disney has no real motivation to sell these resorts. Also, a big chunk of the reason that Disney raised their prices on closed resorts is because of the high resale prices. They need to make a certain margin on these resorts, so when they buy them back at $145 / point they still make $80 per point. It's simply not comparable. The Poly was selling at $168 / point when it sold out, then CCV opened at $175 per point and then recently rose to $182 per point. They won't jump to $220 for Riviera, especially since it is not an established resort like Poly or VGF. They have to sell it on it's own merits.

The Poly and Grand are at $220 partly because people will pay a premium for them but they are established resorts AND they are sold out so Disney has no real motivation to sell these resorts. Also, a big chunk of the reason that Disney raised their prices on closed resorts is because of the high resale prices. They need to make a certain margin on these resorts, so when they buy them back at $145 / point they still make $80 per point. It's simply not comparable. The Poly was selling at $168 / point when it sold out, then CCV opened at $175 per point and then recently rose to $182 per point. They won't jump to $220 for Riviera, especially since it is not an established resort like Poly or VGF. They have to sell it on it's own merits.

For what it's worth, Poly was actually up to $176 before the price increase. https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...ssive-price-increases-coming-for-many-resorts Although incentives on large point amounts could've brought that down, I think.

I can't imagine Riviera would sell at the Poly and Grand levels either. It seems like Disney (and DVC) value the MK resorts higher than the Epcot ones (maybe Wilderness Lodge being an exception). I don't figure they'd buck that trend on Riviera.

For what it's worth, Poly was actually up to $176 before the price increase. https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...ssive-price-increases-coming-for-many-resorts Although incentives on large point amounts could've brought that down, I think.

I can't imagine Riviera would sell at the Poly and Grand levels either. It seems like Disney (and DVC) value the MK resorts higher than the Epcot ones (maybe Wilderness Lodge being an exception). I don't figure they'd buck that trend on Riviera.

I can, they are spending multiple billions in HS and EPCOT over the next few years, Riviera is going to have direct access to both ... and apparently a rooftop lounge / restaurant to see fireworks at BOTH ....

its going to demand a proximity premium

its going to demand a proximity premium

Yep, and it's come a long way from the original discussions that included (from some) it will never be a deluxe because of the connection to a mod and it's location.

Yep, and it's come a long way from the original discussions that included (from some) it will never be a deluxe because of the connection to a mod and it's location.

Yea, I mean, those people were just in denial, or maybe, hoping Disney wouldn't try to do this.

For those with any real perspective, we could already see the marketing rolling out that this is a "Separate" resort, which in some way it is, in the way Bay Lake Tower is separate from The Contemporary, BUT, it wont really be separate. Many guests from CBR will be on the grounds and using what amenities they have access to (I am guessing QS and TS restaurants and gondola station, the pool will likely be locked / braceleted in some way, the Lounge / outdoor area at the top such that it is may function like bay lake) So I can see why some people will argue this isn't really a deluxe, but of course disney if going to market it and sell it as a deluxe, and I am betting the resort itself will be gorgeous with deluxe level fixings, just a bit weird it will have the "rabble" running around.

***Please note, as a regular guest and lover of moderate resorts, the reference to "rabble" is purely in jest ... :)

Hello All: Next to the new Toy Story Land in Disney's Hollywood Studios (which I will visit next month!) will be the future Galaxy's Edge. Here is an ariel shot from the orlando sentinel paper today . here is article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...od-studios-next-star-wars-20180627-story.html
os-et-disney-hollywood-studios-next-star-wars-20180627-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!