Status
Not open for further replies.
hollywood-studios-new-parking-entrance-lot-10252018-5.jpg

Any idea what the building is where the sidewalk is dead-ending right now? Bathrooms??? Guest Service??? It looks like it is too far away from the gondola station to be part of that, but I just don't know.

I believe it’s bathrooms for the new bus loops and some offices.

A gift area like TTC maybe?

eta: scrap that it would be the only park to do that.

Well AK has one I guess.

Last edited:
I've heard bathrooms and rest area for bus drivers, but heard that here so don't necessarily mean it's true.

hollywood-studios-new-parking-entrance-lot-10252018-5.jpg

Any idea what the building is where the sidewalk is dead-ending right now? Bathrooms??? Guest Service??? It looks like it is too far away from the gondola station to be part of that, but I just don't know.

Whatever it is, Disney is playing a dangerous game when it comes to flooding with it

Whatever it is, Disney is playing a dangerous game when it comes to flooding with it
I could be wrong but I believe all of WDW waterways are controlled so that flooding never occurs. I’ve been there during the rainy season when it storms heavily every afternoon and I never have noticed any elevated levels in any of the lakes and waterways.

We have encountered flooding at times, but it has always been restricted to piers. The worst flooding we've seen never made it as far up as, in this case, the old path of the walking path between BoardWalk and Hollywood Studios. Just looking at that photo, I would guess that there is at least 7 feet between the calm surface of the pond and the top of the foundation of that new building.

If you look at the construction crew (say one of them is roughly 6' tall), those structures are about 10-12 feet up the embankment.

Even better. Hurricane Sandy raised the open ocean (with trillions on trillions of gallons of water to draw on) up onto New York; it is almost inconceivable that Orlando would encounter sustained winds that would raise the level of that portion of the waterway in front of Hollywood Studios 10 feet.

Back to those DHS expansion pads... If SWGE does gangbusters like they are expecting I can't imagine that they wouldn't consider multiple phases of Star Wars expansion... I just can't believe they would remove such a high-capacity ride like Star Tours in favor of anything not Star Wars themed. In my opinion lines at Star Tours are going to be CRAZY once the new land opens because people will flood the park looking for the Star Wars experience. I think there is a better chance of Muppets courtyard getting shoehorned into Galaxy's edge then Star Tours being torn down. The current configuration of the walls in that part of the park wouldn't make it too difficult to wall off the area for re-themeing.

Maybe muppets courtyard could become Monstropolis, but then we would probably see Laugh Floor in the Courtyard... If thats the case, they might as well save the money and keep muppets.

I also dont see Indy Stunt Show going anywhere... that place fills up every show... (for better or worse) I could see that parking lot expansion being almost exclusively for Indy, and Disney's not gonna spend a ton of money to tear out something that performs well. They would have to make a new Indy ride. The Indy Ride from Cali is probably too big to fit in that space.

Back to those DHS expansion pads... If SWGE does gangbusters like they are expecting I can't imagine that they wouldn't consider multiple phases of Star Wars expansion... I just can't believe they would remove such a high-capacity ride like Star Tours in favor of anything not Star Wars themed. In my opinion lines at Star Tours are going to be CRAZY once the new land opens because people will flood the park looking for the Star Wars experience. I think there is a better chance of Muppets courtyard getting shoehorned into Galaxy's edge then Star Tours being torn down. The current configuration of the walls in that part of the park wouldn't make it too difficult to wall off the area for re-themeing.

Maybe muppets courtyard could become Monstropolis, but then we would probably see Laugh Floor in the Courtyard... If thats the case, they might as well save the money and keep muppets.

I also dont see Indy Stunt Show going anywhere... that place fills up every show... (for better or worse) I could see that parking lot expansion being almost exclusively for Indy, and Disney's not gonna spend a ton of money to tear out something that performs well. They would have to make a new Indy ride. The Indy Ride from Cali is probably too big to fit in that space.
Lets play devil's advocate here...
What if Disney does not want Hollywood studios to become Star Wars Park?
Per multiple insiders - there is ONE expansion slot in the existing land
Plus you have the direct access Star Wars Hotel that will be built eventually as well

So you have to have more than just SW - so you need more different draws - otherwise why build TSL, update Muppets area and add MMRR instead of keeping GMR??

I believe there will eventually be an add in the Indiana Jones area - with new IP for Star Tours and a ride where the stunt show is...or. a new different show that eats crowds where stunt show is.
Per multiple insiders there are plans for an additional ride going to DHS post SW:GE - and it could be an "E" ticket. - so I personally expect an add in Indy area, and maybe some things added in animation area...but further down the road.

Lets face it to, as Iger said, the Park is going to be crowded.... DHS will be a hard way to go for a while as SW:GE is new - BUT..... it will finally be a solid draw from the huge crowds MK is seeing currently

I know its still T-1 year and a month until SW:GE DHS opens, and that there is a lot of work that has been completed but I still find it amazing that it will be open next year.

Watching the progress through these pics has been really fun.

Lets play devil's advocate here...
What if Disney does not want Hollywood studios to become Star Wars Park?
Per multiple insiders - there is ONE expansion slot in the existing land
Plus you have the direct access Star Wars Hotel that will be built eventually as well

… that is currently being built.

Guardians

792104DA-ACE9-4092-92E7-B14F34F0FAC8.jpeg B38A301D-4AFD-4369-9F13-B4BA375FC764.jpeg

New solar farm on Disney property

2D786117-AEA5-41C2-B6F4-AC303E330C85.jpeg 7D6CF08E-3CA8-4D66-A489-CC4F0CBD021D.jpeg 53F99867-08DC-4562-8875-D118A6F24073.jpeg D0175711-714C-4E6C-9D0B-88E8EC1D546F.jpeg 2A6DD2D1-15A7-423C-B31F-E80116BE814C.jpeg

New DHS entry way

B2B3E52C-23E4-4F0F-8F35-1F7EFFC9C7B6.jpeg B708B0B4-F326-4467-A2CB-7BBE1623442E.jpeg

Attachments

• 33CAF912-C40D-4958-B402-A667A6F664E5.jpeg
    33CAF912-C40D-4958-B402-A667A6F664E5.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 9
Any word about the land clesring behind Africa outpost? Just staging for the Illuminations replacement or a new country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter