Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to optimistic for my 1st week of May trip...but when I look at Toy Story land 7 months ago compared to today, it's hard for me to imagine it won't be ready in 7 months.

I'm still trying to optimistic for my 1st week of May trip...but when I look at Toy Story land 7 months ago compared to today, it's hard for me to imagine it won't be ready in 7 months.
It will definitely be ready then but not sure it will be open to the public then.

Looking at the Slinky dog photo, at least one section looks ready for concrete pathways, and grass/landscaping. That surprises me it's at that point already.

If Disney really wanted they could have had this area open for Christmas 2017. Instead they are taking their time.
I think that might be a stretch. Slinky dog could be ready, but I don't think the full integrated area will be ready for primetime for a Christmas opening, otherwise I think they'd be trying to capitalize on it. There is a lot of revenue missed skipping the Christmas season in that park, that would likely be made up by the overtime spending to open early if it were feasible. I can only guess there is some ride mechanics or something a bit hidden slowing things down. The other option was it was going to be a tight fit to open Christmas week, and didn't want to advertise it as coming online and fail to deliver. Then no real need to open to late spring when the crowds are back.

I think that might be a stretch. Slinky dog could be ready, but I don't think the full integrated area will be ready for primetime for a Christmas opening, otherwise I think they'd be trying to capitalize on it. There is a lot of revenue missed skipping the Christmas season in that park, that would likely be made up by the overtime spending to open early if it were feasible. I can only guess there is some ride mechanics or something a bit hidden slowing things down. The other option was it was going to be a tight fit to open Christmas week, and didn't want to advertise it as coming online and fail to deliver. Then no real need to open to late spring when the crowds are back.
No it won’t be ready but if Disney wanted they could have had it ready.

The perennial question: Do you design the pathways so that they look like a twelve-lane highway, for those short periods of time during the day when there is a glut of high traffic, or do you design the pathways so that they best serve the theme? It look like they did something in between here, within the confines of the limitations imposed on the project by what already exists and isn't being brought down.

No it won’t be ready but if Disney wanted they could have had it ready.

Yeah. Still a huge stretch. Personally working on a construction project for a new 18 class room school right now, and even that is about a year long project.

Looks like Slinky has at least four trains. Wish the transfer track pic was a bit closer in.

Yeah. Still a huge stretch. Personally working on a construction project for a new 18 class room school right now, and even that is about a year long project.

Looks like Slinky has at least four trains. Wish the transfer track pic was a bit closer in.

Four seems the most likely number. There are three tracks going into the maintenance bay, and a forth train could be stored in the load/unload area.

It will definitely be ready then but not sure it will be open to the public then.

We are there from May 6 - 18th this spring. Hoping either for it to be open, or have DVC and AP previews like Pandora had (which we got to do one of each for).

When Disney does announce the opening date, the best time to go will be the 2 weeks leading up to it. A lot of people will be moving their arrival date to get to go to TSL. If your not a fan of it, lower crowds make a great vacation.

When Disney does announce the opening date, the best time to go will be the 2 weeks leading up to it. A lot of people will be moving their arrival date to get to go to TSL. If your not a fan of it, lower crowds make a great vacation.
I don’t think that many will be able to move their vacation. Some will for sure but nothing to make a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!