Status
Not open for further replies.
The delayed openings of the water parks has me wondering if they are able to do any of their annual refurbishment now while the parks are closed to guests? I know often in the winter months it's sometimes too cold for the water parks to operate but with BB scheduled to close Sep 13th, that's still prime WP time, if they open by then.

Just thinking out loud...
I think right now they are closed for purely money reasons. Likely isn’t financially beneficial to open for them.

I think right now they are closed for purely money reasons. Likely isn’t financially beneficial to open for them.
I hadn't thought about that but it makes a lot of sense.

I will say though that in our case with the water parks being closed, we have shortened our trip by 3 nights meaning 3 nights less hotel revenue and food revenue. But, we're only 1 family and I know many people do not go to the water parks.

The delayed openings of the water parks has me wondering if they are able to do any of their annual refurbishment now while the parks are closed to guests?
The annual refurb for the water parks is done in Jan/Feb. They wouldn't need to do another one so soon.

The annual refurb for the water parks is done in Jan/Feb. They wouldn't need to do another one so soon.
Typhoon Lagoon is Jan/Feb but Blizzard Beach closes mid-September. We arrived Sep 7 last year and it was the final day before refurbishment. Pre-Covid shutdown, BB was scheduled to close Sep 13 for this year's refurbishment.

We arrive the first weekend after Labour Day each year and purchase the PH+ option so when we've wanted to visit Blizzard Beach last year and originally this year, we needed to go on our arrival day or else it was going to be closed for refurbishment.

Typhoon Lagoon is Jan/Feb but Blizzard Beach closes mid-September. We arrived Sep 7 last year and it was the final day before refurbishment. Pre-Covid shutdown, BB was scheduled to close Sep 13 for this year's refurbishment.

We arrive the first weekend after Labour Day each year and purchase the PH+ option so when we've wanted to visit Blizzard Beach last year and originally this year, we needed to go on our arrival day or else it was going to be closed for refurbishment.
Usually blizzard beach closes late winter, last year was unusual because they had to do a major refurbishment instead of the normal once a year refurbishment.

Usually blizzard beach closes late winter, last year was unusual because they had to do a major refurbishment instead of the normal once a year refurbishment.
I’m not disagreeing that BB used to close later, just stating facts for 2019 and what was planned to happen in 2020. Because we are there mid-Sep and plan 3 water park days i check the park hours early in our planning. Blizzard Beach had hours showing up to and including Sat, Sep 11, 2020. From Sep 12, 2020 onward, only Typhoon Lagoon had hours posted. This lined up exactly with what happened in 2019 when Blizzard Beach closed the Sunday of the weekend after Labour Day. Based on published hours on the Disney website it looks like they were planning fir an extended closure again in 2020.

I took this screen shot earlier this year when making our plans showing Blizzard Beach hours We’re removed starting Sep 12

Attachments

• 9F454440-232C-437D-8BAB-FB67EEFA6565.png
    9F454440-232C-437D-8BAB-FB67EEFA6565.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter