Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on photos, getting super excited for my 2 trips this year (first time I've gone twice in a year). So glad I decided to join DVC in 2017. I will say riding Slinky Dog back in December, I kept looking into SW:GE lol
I'm sure we've all done that once or twice...
But TBH, I haven't done that on my last 3 rides on it, because I actually love this ride soo much Id rather not take away from that ride experience.

The more I see the Guardians building the more convinced I am that it won’t be that noticeable. The only exception may be as you enter from the parking lot. But even then Guardians will be on the left pretty far removed from the view of SSE

Naw. It's pretty noticeable. Maybe not so much with the blue now, but back in September when it was just a frame, it was very apparent everywhere in the park. I'd liken it to the Soarin buildings. There's only so much blue paint can hind.

Naw. It's pretty noticeable. Maybe not so much with the blue now, but back in September when it was just a frame, it was very apparent everywhere in the park. I'd liken it to the Soarin buildings. There's only so much blue paint can hind.
Maybe I'm not very observant, but I've never noticed the Soarin building while in the park. I actually had no idea what it looked like until someone pointed it out in a picture on here.

it was very apparent everywhere in the park.

Well not everywhere.

It's out of view from a lot of areas.

I am curious though on the back side near France how much the paint helped hide it. That was where it seemed the most in view, but not much worse than TT IMO.

I was there in October and did not notice it so much. Obviously if you are looking for it you will see it as it’s a very large building.

Well not everywhere.

It's out of view from a lot of areas.

I am curious though on the back side near France how much the paint helped hide it. That was where it seemed the most in view, but not much worse than TT IMO.
From my trip it was most apparent approaching the park from the parking lot. However there is a good deal of separation between GoG and SSE so it doesn’t ruin the view.

From my trip it was most apparent approaching the park from the parking lot. However there is a good deal of separation between GoG and SSE so it doesn’t ruin the view.

Yep outside the park I can easily live with. Esp the parking lot. We usually enter at IG, from the bus stop a lot of trees, monorail station etc block it as you approach ase well.

It is so cool watching all of the progress on all the projects, especially Galaxy's Edge. I can't believe it's supposed to open at the end of this year. It does look like a ton to do yet, but I trust they're making good progress!

What's the projected opening for the Guardians coaster? I'm excited for that too! Is it 2020 sometime or 2021?

It is so cool watching all of the progress on all the projects, especially Galaxy's Edge. I can't believe it's supposed to open at the end of this year. It does look like a ton to do yet, but I trust they're making good progress!

What's the projected opening for the Guardians coaster? I'm excited for that too! Is it 2020 sometime or 2021?
I believe 2021 is the company line as of right now

I'm actually super excited for this. I'm not really a "gotta have TS" kind of person but I'd love the opportunity to check this out. I love the theme I just hope they actually follow through with how cool it sounded when they first announced it and that the food and service is good. I liked the Coral Reef theme but so many consistent food and service complaints had me saying no to it.

This photo by the way makes it seem very close to the Test Track track. Maybe depth perception is off but I'm interested to see if it changes the vibe enough when you're on the outside track.

I'm actually super excited for this. I'm not really a "gotta have TS" kind of person but I'd love the opportunity to check this out. I love the theme I just hope they actually follow through with how cool it sounded when they first announced it and that the food and service is good. I liked the Coral Reef theme but so many consistent food and service complaints had me saying no to it.

This photo by the way makes it seem very close to the Test Track track. Maybe depth perception is off but I'm interested to see if it changes the vibe enough when you're on the outside track.
I hope so as well. However in my memory the scenery surrounding the outdoor portion of TT isn’t much to look at.

In looking at all the multi-level buildings in SW:GE and how tall they are, will that space really be empty? Is it’s sole purpose theming? I have a thing about “wasted space”; it really bothers me. Weird, I know.

In looking at all the multi-level buildings in SW:GE and how tall they are, will that space really be empty? Is it’s sole purpose theming? I have a thing about “wasted space”; it really bothers me. Weird, I know.
Well in terms of Rise of the Resistance it’s a multi level ride.

As for Falcon it’s a simulator. They have large rotating systems that you’ll never see.

Well in terms of Rise of the Resistance it’s a multi level ride.

As for Falcon it’s a simulator. They have large rotating systems that you’ll never see.

I mean the buildings/facilities circled (poorly) in this picture. Or are these also show buildings?

5B9CDFC9-5055-4979-A0B6-B96BCF9BC75C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter