Advice requested for DL novice

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody! Although we are Walt Disney World vets, we are finnaly planning our first trip to Disneyland (not until August '06). Unfortunately it's only for a three night weekend. :(

Anyway, six of us (all adults) will be flying in from New York on Jet Blue. We want to stay at The Grand Californian.

Questions:
1) Which airport do you reccomend? I'm thinking Long Beach, but Jet Blue also serves Ontario and Burbank.

2) What view at the Grand Californian? I'm thinking a Downtown Disney view sounds interesting, but I'm certainly open for opinions...

3) What's the best and most cost effective way to book the Grand Californian? Website? Phone? AAA Travel Agent? Other? Is there any way around paying rack rates?

4) We plan on visiting the parks three days. What is the best ticket option? Is there an annual pass hotel rate that would make an AP a good choice?

5) Am I correct to assume there is no need for a car? We are happy to use a car service to and from the airport.

I'll probaly have more questions as time goes on, but that's good for now.

Thanx for any insight, and I appreciate any help you can give! :drinking:

MG

1. Orange county airport is closest with long beach a close second.
5. if you plan to spend all your time at DL and CA there is no need for a car, only need one if you plan to go elsewhere.

Maybe someone else can help with the other questions.

1) Long Beach is the closest one to DL--I got the answer from Jet Blue when I went last month.

2) Can't tell you the view since we didn't stay there, but we visited GC and were a bit disappointed. We compared it to Wilderness Lodge at WDW which we loved. The pool area at WL in WDW was much nicer. Also, we ate at Storyteller's in GC and were disappointed whereas we loved the restaurant at Wilderness Lodge.

3) AAA may have discounts but no other discounts available in summer.

4) 3 day park hopper would be sufficient. A day at DL and CA and the extra day to cover what you missed at either. Be sure you go on all the rides in DL that they don't have in WDW. You'll find quite of few of these especially in Fantasyland. This way, if it's crowded, and you can't cover everything, at least you'll cover the ones that you have never been on.

5) No need for a car. Taxi to and from airport sufficient. Unlike WDW, everything is within walking distance.

Have fun!

3. I would definitely book thru AAA. That will allow you to get the "Enhanced FastPass" privilige. Note that as of late DLR has had a "stay three nights get one free" policy. I would ask about that at AAA.

4. I would buy the parkhopper ticket with the GCH booking. You may need to do this to get Enhanced FP.

5. You should not need a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter