Advice please - best deal for a family of 6 at half term.

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hi all,

Been wtih family today and my Sister-in-Law is hoping to take her family to DLRP either February or May half term next year.

They'd like to get Eurostar. So I can price that up for them. But it's more the hotel that I'm out of my area of expertise with as I think they'll need to stay offsite.

There's 6 of them. 2 adults and then 4 kids age 9, 7, 4 and a baby. Any hotels that can accommodate them or are 2 rooms going to work better? The boys would love the cars theme in Santa Fe but I know it can be hard to guarantee adjoining rooms.

how would they feel about hiring a car when they get to DLP, and then staying at the DCR torsie? That way they'd benefit from the onsite perks, and the 4-year old would have their park ticket free.

Is the 7-year old 7 now?

I think I remember reading that the Santa Fe do rooms for 6 people now, but they might be more expensive than two rooms. I know that interconnecting rooms are never guaranteed, but we've always got them when we've asked. Alternatively, Newport Bay and DLH both do family rooms for 5 and depending on the age of the baby they could do this as the baby may not count towards occupancy.

Thanks both. Neither of them drive. Should've said, sorry.

If they did it'd probably be the best thing for them to drive over and then stay at DCR.

I'm trying to price up various options but the sites all keep crashing on me! Annoying.

in that case, they might be better at the Explorers (crew room plus connecting bunk room, no problem getting these as thats the configuration of the whole hotel), and then buying park tickets/APs separately. Unless they get Fantasy or Dream APs they won't get the use of EMH though.

Thanks all. Spoke to SIL this morning and I think she very much underestimate holiday pricing. She found a deal for £850 - which I though for the 6 of them for half term was pretty awesome. But it's more than they want to spend.

Hopefully they'll get to Disney one day. X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter