Advice on ticket

Bethany Nelson

Earning My Ears
I am an adult who has never been to disneyland. Because of a business trip I have the opportunity to go but only for a very specific period of time by myself. Mid August Tuesday starting after 3pm to Wednesday, having to leave by 6pm.
My question is should I just get a one day pass for Wednesday for DL and skip doing anything Tuesday afternoon/evening because I won't get enough value(those tickets are not cheap). Or should I get a two day pass and use both days? If I get a two day pass, should I add park hopper or will I find enough to do in DL for both days?
I'm very lost as when you look at the park I think "I can do a ton of stuff in a short amount of time." However, I've done some research and it seems like I am overestimating. I also don't want to get bored by staying in one park, but would rather keep the extra $50 for park hopper to use on food and souvenirs.

Disneyland gets very busy in the afternoon/evening. You can probably get a lot done after 9:00pm, as many people with small children will start clearing out.

You need to decide where the value is for yourself. I always regret not having a Park Hopper when I don't have one. Since you can go for 2 days you may be fine just doing one park each day. There is enough to do that you won't be bored staying inside one park, especially since you haven't been there before.

Mid-August, DL should be open to 11 or 12. To hop between parks is a plaza about the size of football field and you don't have to go through security again to go between parks. I don't know if you have been to WDW- but by WDW standards, it feels like one big park. If it is the 14th, it looks like CA closes at 9 and DL doesn't close until 11. I would do a 2 day hopper. I think you can get quite a bit done. Pre-Carsland, I had a business trip in the summer and DH and I had one day and we stayed open to close and rode almost every ride with the exception of Bugsland and a couple of rides which were down/closed. We even managed to fit in the Aladdin show (since replaced with Frozen). Between the 2 days, you will have about one full day. I would recommend seeing Carsland lit up at dark that first night and then hopping over to DL to get in 2 extra hours after CA closes. You can get a lot done at DL in those last 2 hours of the day.

I think you will be able to get a lot done from 3-11. Look at the DL app to see where the shorter lines are. If DL is really crowded in the late afternoon- we often hop to CA. Also, you can use the single rider line for RSR at CA.

2 day tickets, no park hoppers. Single Rider. DCA on day 1, DL when you have more time the next day and rope drop it. Absolutely buy MP for your Disneyland day, don't bother with it for DCA because many FPs will be gone by 3pm.

With 2 days you won't be bored, you'll see and do a lot but you absolutely won't be able to see and do everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter