Advice on the cheapest month to take a quick cruise?

pixiechick77

Mouseketeer
HELP! All you knowledgable veteren Cruisers! We are thinking about taking a "quick" cruise to help plan for a big family cruise celebration next year as none of us have ever been! Any advice on the cheapest time to go? Thanks!

During the fall months with the fall fantasy package and then again in Feb.

Cheapest of the cheap is usually September (hurricane season though) and then January..

mac_tlc

Just heard on the weather channel yesterday that they are predicting twice the amount of hurricanes in the Atlantic this year!!! That means a possible 8 instead of the normal 4.

Hurricane season runs from June 1st until November 30th.

MJ

Just heard on the weather channel yesterday that they are predicting twice the amount of hurricanes in the Atlantic this year!!! That means a possible 8 instead of the normal 4.

Considering the usual accuracy of meteorologists, it seems more likely that Disneyworld will become the next capital of Florida... (if "they" count the chads right.)

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Considering the usual accuracy of meteorologists, it seems more likely that Disneyworld will become the next capital of Florida... (if "they" count the chads right.)

Will Mickey become the next president?!?

Buckaroo's Dad,
I love your NY sense of humour!!! We are cruising in early Nov.
I hope without a hurricane.....

Hey Pixiechick77,
Did you lose power in the Ice storm?

September is absolutely the least expensive month with DCL.

The other fall months are next least expensive.

We were so lucky and didn't lose our power until they went to go fix our neighbors and the tree went down and so did our power only for 4 hours though.....

Thanks all of you for all your help. Got a great quote from Dreams Unlimited for October that we might go with (4 day cruise) It seems so far away but I'm sure it will go quick. Any other advice for a newbie?

Thanks!
pixiechick77

My advice would be to buy a Passporter book. We went on the Wonder a year ago on the 3 day. It went by so fast and I feel like I missed a lot. If we had had the Passporter book then, I think it would have been a great help. We can't wait for our Magic cruise in November. 7 months from today we'll be in Grand Cayman!!!

Here's the URL for pasporter.....

http://www.passporter.com/dcl/guidebook.htm

I work with a guy who is from the Caribbean, he said hurricane season is from the last 2 weeks in Aug. to the the first 2 weeks in Oct.

Originally posted by tenna45
I work with a guy who is from the Caribbean, he said hurricane season is from the last 2 weeks in Aug. to the the first 2 weeks in Oct.
Tell that to the people in Cancun that had a hurricaine in June the year we were supposed to go. The weather people all say it is officially June thru Nov.

Hurricane season is definitely June- Nov. Although you seldom get hurricanes in June & Nov., we hit one on a cruise in Nov. a few years ago. Not very fun! Buy insurance for your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter